Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2009, 06:51

Good news Corsi , Glad to hear !
Not so good to hear about your first BM – you did the enema ? did your doctor tell you to do this ?
That first BM is a shaker alright but the worst is out of the way now Image
I loved the G/A too gave me a good buzz but yip don’t worry if you feel strange its all part and parcel of the surgery experience !

Postby val » 25 Feb 2009, 15:26

Glad your first bm is outa the way- it will be much easier each time now! Dont try to do too much too soon - I went out shopping about 3 or 4 days afterwards and nearly fainted in the shop! It takes a while to get back to normal. Be kind to yourself and enjoy the rest - and try to relax - the worst is over and things can only get better now! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 25 Feb 2009, 16:00

Good to hear the first Bm was out yesterday.why did you use the enema?how are you feeling now?
try to relax and rest as much as possible.dont try to exert urself even if u feel well.listen to val.youve gone through an operation even though a small one and your body needs time to get back to normal.
There will be ups and downs during recovery as i was adviced here whenever i had a setback.things will get better soon corsi Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Feb 2009, 16:04

Well - that was fantastic news Corsi-girl LOL !!!! You eliminated THE packing AND the first BM and are in no major pain Image - how about that ???!!! You are really silly regarding paracetamole and Ibox - they are not "real" pain killers and let me tell you LOL - if you were in REAL pain , you would be feeling it BIG time right now Image !!! They can not make you constipated in any way and please feel free to be a "pain free" LOL !!! Just relax as much as you can , keep that butt pristine clean, and try not to use enema if not absolutely necessary ! And yes, as Val said - it will be only better and better from this point on - so you really can have a small celebration right now Image Image Image- honest to God Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 26 Feb 2009, 02:40

val wrote: Dont try to do too much too soon - I went out shopping about 3 or 4 days afterwards and nearly fainted in the shop! It takes a while to get back to normal. Be kind to yourself and enjoy the rest

3 days since surgery now, and I have to say that this advice given by Val, Tabby, Fissy, Pinky, Lecia and others is the one I will follow...I have to let my body be the guide here.
I will not be able to say whether or not the surgery went well before some time has passed. Since I now have 2 fissures, and it is bigger I will need more time to heal and I will not strain or overdo things.
Thought that I could go back to work soon, but I will wait and see how I feel...
I still feel like this an out of the world experience.
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 06:54

Just get ready for that itch! It's coming! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2009, 06:58

I have very slight itch that comes and goes I want a full on itch – Please !
Corsi do you feel a little better today ?
It will all fall into place you will see Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 07:01

Tabby buddy, you do and you *don't* want that full-on itch! It can be ultra intense and drive you googly!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2009, 07:04

Ahh but !!
Tell me more about the itch Kim ?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 07:22

It is just irresistible, but once you scratch it, it gets ten times worse, ten times more intense and just drives you crazeeeeeee! So don't scratch.
I'm the tyoe that just has to scratch an itch, but I learned quickly not to scratch that one!
Deleted User 5