Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2009, 11:19

I was teasing you about the lutefisk, Corsi, but Tabby is a spry young filly barely old enough to know who Tony Blair is (was)...I think she still plays with color crayons... Image
Well, at least *one* crayon....
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2009, 07:01

LOL – Where’s me lipstick, oh crayon ! Image
Corsi - How are you - day 5 ??

Postby Corsi » 28 Feb 2009, 07:14

I took 1 Ibux yesterday morning, 1 Paracetamol today...hope this is it as they make me feel bad.
So far today - 1 BM, I was squatting and that is slightly less comfortable than normal BM, but it wasn't too bad. I still use Xylocain. I will know how things are next week when I quit painkillers and maybe Xylocain. Have you used Xylocain?
I take baths and stuff, but do I have to shower off every little bit of blood, etc? I don't know if that is good either? I have very dry skin...
It is my left side that is painfull and it's where they cut.
How long before the insicion site and sphincter cut heals?
How big is the infection risk?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Feb 2009, 07:27

I don't think you have to remove 100% of the dried blood, etc...better to leave a flake here and there and not irritate things by trying to remove it all.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 28 Feb 2009, 07:28

Corsi,
Are those painkillers causing you any constipation issues?? Hope not! I sense you are feeling better and getting back to your old self somewhat!
Cheryl Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 28 Feb 2009, 07:41

Kim wrote:I don't think you have to remove 100% of the dried blood, etc...better to leave a flake here and there and not irritate things by trying to remove it all.

It's not only dried blood, it's fresh as well... I bleed every now and then..normal?
Painkillers don't constipate me (I don't use those), but stomachpain, discomfort, etc. I have never been able to "digest" pills well.
Thanks Cheryl... :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2009, 07:54

That left side is my left side too !
It is painful Corsi but it does improve a little each day – Do you notice??
Can you notice any difference in tightness feeling now ?
The dried blood and fresh – from the incision site yes ?
After a bath I would take all my tools and go clean up again - the soaking from bathing made this easier to do , I used cotton rounds and let it soak on the wound a little and very gently would take any debris off with a cotton bud careful not to irritate the area !
I used a litle salt too !
I didn’t use any creams but know of Xylocain !
I think these cuts will take the recommended 6-8 weeks to heal up fully, mine healed up very quickly – it was so tiny !
Don’t think about infection ! Just keep a close eye - you know the drill !!
It is normal to have a pinky discharge for up to 10 days !
You taking zinc still ???

Postby Corsi » 28 Feb 2009, 08:20

It is painful Corsi but it does improve a little each day – Do you notice??
Can you notice any difference in tightness feeling now ?

Yes it improves, I use little or no painkillers now... Tightness? Well, it feels different having a BM now so I guess it is less tight...
The dried blood and fresh – from the incision site yes ?
It must be...the rest is only bruised...
After a bath I would take all my tools and go clean up again - the soaking from bathing made this easier to do , I used cotton rounds and let it soak on the wound a little and very gently would take any debris off with a cotton bud careful not to irritate the area !
I used a litle salt too !

It hasn't been necessary to touch the area yet. I soak for 2 minutes after BM and then rinse off and things are clean...
I think these cuts will take the recommended 6-8 weeks to heal up fully, mine healed up very quickly – it was so tiny !
Mine seems to be small as well...can hardly see it.
It is normal to have a pinky discharge for up to 10 days ! OK
You taking zinc still ??? Every other day...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2009, 08:34

I agree-you don't want to overdo it and keep things too wet down there or irritate the area. I took too many baths after my anal surgery and got a yeast infection. It was my left side that was operated on as well. You might want to consider using a hair dryer after a bath. It feels kind of good and will take care of extra moisture trapped in the folds.

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2009, 08:41

Good stuff Corsi !
I had to extra clean as the area just wouldnt clean with just a soak, it was so swollen in those first few days ..
I was OCD in keeping the area clean :roll: