Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Corsi » 28 Feb 2009, 10:05

I have used the hairdryer more down south the last year than any other place Image I have nicknamed it "Buttdryer".
I was told to use it there it after giving birth and it made sense to use it for this too.
If I were to shower when I bleed I would do that all the time, blood isn't as bad as pooh I guess. It'll have to stay bloody Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Feb 2009, 10:13

Oh, yeah, Corsi, you will still bleed some, don;t fret about it any! Your fissure needs to heal now! You still have it, just not all the pain anymore.
You will bleed less and less and less over time.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Mar 2009, 01:45

Same here - one would be surprised what one can find with gentle swab of a q-tip !!!! Poop stay hidden in swollen folds and some swelling is there for weeks ! I can not stress enough how important it is to keep that area clean and dry. Tabby was my good pupil ( I am so proud of you kitty-cat ; ). Also Corsi - I hope that 2 minutes was a typing mistake LOL, you are supposed to take 20 min soaks 4 times a day - BM or no BM. Although all of my CRSs had different opinions on some issues ALLLLL stressed importance of long and frequent soaks !It is important though to dry area after soaks , as you are already doing.
My last CRS told me that I was well ahead actually in healing time of my "black hole" and only because I was so diligent with keeping it so clean and doing my soaks !!! And I truly believe that it made major difference.
I hope your bleeding will stop soon. I bled only for 2 days each time. BUT, I am not a bleeder in general - so I might not be a good example. You might want to stop with Ibox and fish-oil - they are blood thinners and can interfere with coagulation. Try some extra vit.C. (about 500 or a 1000 mg a day). It helps with coagulation. Just take buffered one if you can not handle acidity of it and take it with food. My stomach is very sensitive - I can not take Ibuprofen at all, but have no problem with Vit. C. And yes, you are right, Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are not narcotics and can not cause constipation. Ibuprofen on the other hand can be VERY hard on the stomach and guts.
Best of luck Corsi Image All will be well in 2 weeks - you will see !!! Do not worry about infection - it is exception to the rule and you will not be able to MISS the symptoms even if you want to !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 05 Mar 2009, 02:41

The fissure haven't bled since surgery, but yesterday and today there was blod Image I really don't think this story is over before it's over...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 05 Mar 2009, 04:50

corsi-dont worry about bleeding.how much is the bleeding.is the pain better now compared to before?just sent you a PM.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2009, 08:26

Hopefully you don’t have the pain with the bleeding Corsi Image
How are your BMS ? Do you notice a difference size wise ?

Postby Corsi » 07 Mar 2009, 03:23

2 questions...
I am squatting these days, and I wonder can squatting put too much pressure on the anal canal ? I bleed and it is not from the LIS wound, but from one of my darling fissures... I have only seen blood with BM earlier, but now I see blood coming out other times as well.
Is it normal to bleed from fissure after LIS? The first week after LIS I didn't bleed.
Bloody Mary
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 02:26, edited 2 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 07:50

I personally think squatting increases the pressure..
I think it would be normal to see blood at this stage after all your fissures are still active !
At what other times is the blood coming Corsi ??
Do you have increased pain ?????

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Mar 2009, 07:52

I think squatting relieves the pressure but now Tabby may beat me up!
Yes, it is normal to bleed after LIS, especially if you bleed before the surgery Corsicanina.
How are you feeling pain-wise?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 07:59

No no Kim just giving my own experience here Image
I am all in for squatting but pressure and fissures i dont like the thought Image