Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Mar 2009, 08:01

Squatting is nature's way! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2009, 08:04

My doctor thinks it makes good sense given our anatomy.
:paddysmiley2:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 08:08

Yes natures way but with fissure ??

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2009, 08:10

I personally think it puts less stress on the area, but that is just my opinion.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Mar 2009, 08:13

I squatted some with my fissure and I didn't get any worse or anything while I did it...I wasn't patient enough, (as with many other things at that time) to keep doing it...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 19:48

I had problems with squatting when I had a fissure. The poop can out too fast and traumatized the area. I use a modified squatting technique now that seems to work pretty well. You could use some blocks underneath your feet.

Postby Corsi » 08 Mar 2009, 06:53

Tootie, Kim, Tabby & Cheryl Image big time!!
Yesterday I bled from the fissure after BM, I saw it when I had to go shower off a second time. I think it the new fissure that bleeds, and yesterday it was quite heavy...I felt sore and it was uncomfortable during the day. I didn't bleed this way before LIS Kim.
I have stopped using Xylocain, since some said it can cause problems (sensitivity issues).
Today I started normal, and then raised my legs in squatting position, but don't know if it helped. I thinks squatting makes so much sense and to me it isn't more work or messy than normal BM. I do it on a normal toilet and it's no problem at all!
I also think it really helps get everything out in one go, and if so :D I hate to go more than once.
I have pain and soreness on left side, and that must be where my new fissure is. It is uncomfortable. Have more pain after BMs now than 4 -5 days ago.
BMs are bigger now post LIS...
Image Her Bloodyness
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Mar 2009, 19:14

I think still the bleeding is nothing to worry with, Corsi. Bleeding goes with fissures like pain goes with a headache...
Unless it is copious bleeding, of course...
I like the thought that you can get rid of more poo in one go by squatting. That will be so great for you if you can really achieve that!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2009, 04:30

Week 2 :D
I had pain at this time too Corsi and blame the bigger BMS it irritated my LIS side and fissure :roll:
It does get better Image
When is your first check up ?

Postby Corsi » 09 Mar 2009, 06:33

June 2nd.
I wonder, I carried really heavy grocery bags on Friday, one in each hand. I knew afterwards it was stupid of me to do that, but I wanted to get things into the house and my tall and handsome men were not at home.
Can that have caused the extra bleeding? Lifting heavy things, stretching, etc, have been bad for me during this fissure year - I have had extra pain almost immediatly after doing these lifting Image incidents...
Saint Florent
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18