Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2009, 07:41

Thanks i will report back with my findings ! :D

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2009, 09:38

That is a good point Corsica. You have more to heal from than you thought so you are right in giving yourself plenty of time to heal. Just take it day by day. At least your bottom will be able to heal now.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 11:16

You are gonna heal sooooo fast Corsi, and within a month you may even feel like 99% healed. But the first few days after the surgery can be difficult, so just keep your eyes on the 1 month anniversary.....
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Feb 2009, 14:36

I did not have any itch :roll: - my butt is definitely "out of this world" Image Maybe I should have never changed my status from "alien" to "citizen" Image
Corsi - absolutely "one day at a time" !!! Please remember that you will need about 6 weeks just for all swelling to completely go away. Even when you do not see it outside - some swelling is still there inside. Your anus will need time to adjust to the new tonus and you might have some ups and downs also - but trend should be steady "forward" and "up" . Be gentle to yourself and your butt - you both were through so much for soooo long - it is only natural to want to be "normal" again in record time - but that might be the biggest mistake : (. My last CRS told me that most people make mistake about 8-10 weeks post op !!!! They stop baths too soon and stop taking care of the hygiene and fall of the diet plan and voila - have fissure again Image :( Image . Please be careful and don't push yourself - you have your whole life ahead of you - 3 more months of being "lazy" will not take anything away Image
Wishing you super-fast healing :paddysmiley1:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 27 Feb 2009, 05:48

I want the itch...I promise not to scratch Kim :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2009, 07:04

I think I got my itch about two weeks or so after surgery.
Wow, Corsica, it took me a LOT of will power NOT to reach back there and scratch! I'll never, ever forget how inense it became when I did scratch it (after the initial relief)!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 27 Feb 2009, 07:12

Itching is hard to deal with because we feel that if we DO itch, we will feel soooo much better. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 27 Feb 2009, 07:19

2 weeks? I will wait and say Image if it comes...can't wait to heal Kim... How are you doing Kim?
Yes Cheryl, better before it starts to burn like... :) and how are you doing Cheryl?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 27 Feb 2009, 07:25

I'm doing OK, Corsi. Just getting over a head cold. But the horrible sinus headache accompanying the cold finally left me. My chiro did acupressure on my sinuses, which seemed to help. Never had that b/4. How are you feeling???? Are you feeling more relaxed and not so tense?? Also, why is your name now "Lizzie"? Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2009, 08:00

Lizzie Corsi took and axe
and gave her anus 40 whacks,
When she saw what she had done,
she have her surgeon 41.
I am doing pretty good Corsica, it's you we all want to know about! How did the BM go today?
Deleted User 5