LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Postby StevePain » 29 Jan 2011, 16:21

I can relate to what you're going through william, I had my LIS and Fissurectomy 6 months ago and all was going well until about 3 weeks ago when I had sudden pain and bleeding from the site, things felt really inflamed in there and still do somewhat, it felt as though I had gone back 5 months, emotionally... Well, I'm pretty much the same as you, it doesn't take much to upset me so I know this whole thing has emotionally scarred me, I'm now in a position where I think another surgical procedure could be coming my way if things don't drastically improve.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby makem3 » 01 Feb 2011, 13:40

Hi William, just reading through your progress. I too did not heal from my hemorrhoidectomy - took about 3 months, instead of 1-4 weeks, and I had to be treated with silver nitrate. Intense burning, hurts like hell for a few minutes...I had to do that 3 times I think- but my hemorrhoidectomy was a partial closure, my CRS does both, but recommended partial for me- don't know why. She said she will be doing partial closure for my LIS as well, some leave it open, some don't. It's a crap-shoot....(no pun intended) for what doc's do with closing or leaving it open, but interesting to hear how another doc does it.
makem3
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby William » 01 Feb 2011, 19:14

"crap-shoot" LOL
Turns out my pain wasn't the fissure, but a new "bad area" nearby that developed over the course of the week. She speculated that it was due to the drainage, which she thinks was infected. She treated it and the LIS site (again) with silver nitrate and I've been great ever since. However, I still need 2-3 more treatments to knock down the excess buildup around the LIS.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems again, Steve. I hope things improve for you soon. I'll send some positive thoughts your way. Image
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby William » 05 Feb 2011, 21:05

Well, I'm having the same issues with the "bad area" this week. I swear it feels just like a new fissure (really sharp pains and inflammation), minus the massive muscle spasms. The CRS gave me some more analpram, so I'm using that and lots of ibuprofen to get by. I didn't want to use hydrocortisone again, but she thinks it isn't a problem.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 05 Feb 2011, 23:11

william,
you are in my thoughts.
do you have diltiazem on hand with lidocaine? if so, use those if you can get inside and apply; if not, apply around anus area and as much as you can get in, and the rest will seep in. just don't force anything in there.
with your bms, are you straining at all?
big hugs,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby StevePain » 06 Feb 2011, 03:46

William wrote: I swear it feels just like a new fissure (really sharp pains and inflammation), minus the massive muscle spasms

william, that's exactly how I would describe my pain, the lack of spasms is obviously due to LIS.
Please keep me updated as your experience sounds very similar to mine.
TC ~ Steve
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby William » 06 Feb 2011, 09:07

happyass wrote:do you have diltiazem on hand with lidocaine?
I tried diltiazem in 2009, but it didn't agree with me. I haven't tried lidocaine yet. Nupercainal really kills pain, but it's pretty sticky.
happyass wrote:with your bms, are you straining at all?
I would say "barely". I wait to go until my body is going to do most of the work for me, but it's not zero.
happyass wrote:big hugs, happy
thanks, i need it
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby William » 06 Feb 2011, 09:12

StevePain wrote:
William wrote: I swear it feels just like a new fissure (really sharp pains and inflammation), minus the massive muscle spasms

william, that's exactly how I would describe my pain, the lack of spasms is obviously due to LIS.
The funny thing is, she seemed to indicate that it wasn't a fissure. I'll get her to elaborate at my appointment this Friday.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby StevePain » 06 Feb 2011, 09:21

I'd be interested to know what it is then, I'm hoping to push my GP for a referral tomorrow, I really need to speak with my CRS.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby William » 11 Feb 2011, 12:28

Turns out that whole "bad area" thing was a red herring; that's completely gone. It IS the fissure area that is bothering me. My CRS is a bit concerned that it's causing me so much discomfort, particularly the inflammation. But she said it's very small and shallow, so she expects it to heal because there are no spasms. I'll just keep using the analpram as needed.
She conceded that it's probably the exams that she's been giving me that have been aggravating it. Unfortunately, I probably have two more of them to completely get rid of the growth around my LIS site. Curiously, it takes a few days after an exam for it to start bothering me.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist