HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Postby Jessjess » 15 Feb 2013, 07:45

Rachel, I've been reading this thread and I haven't seen anything about your surgeon giving you the LIS option. Is this because of the IBS? My surgeon immediately suggested LIS along with the fissurectomy. He didn't even mention Botox, I guess because it is more of a temporary solution. I would ask you surgeon if you can get the LIS and if not, then why. It is the "gold standard" for treatment.
I am recovering just fine with no incontinence problems and it is a lot easier to have a bowel movement and pass gas where before it was a strain. So I am wholeheartedly in favor of this procedure since it prevents future fissures!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby CrackinUp » 15 Feb 2013, 11:03

Jess in the UK they try and punt the Botox first. It's not something I'll be having though 'cos one I'll be paying myself for the operation and two, you still have to be put under to have it. What's the point?!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Feb 2013, 12:45

Hey Jess, crackin up is right, they do that in uk as the NHS think about money! Like that is more important than my sanity! I have had this for months now, and I am losing the will to live. Wish I was in America, the system seems to be better over there. I know you pay medical insurances, but at least they consider the patient a lot more than they do here. Our NHS is in a state! Sorry for the rant having a bad day!!
Crackin up, have you had a quote for the LIS? I have now thought about this, i should call CRS and push for the surgery instead???!!! Eek I hate this!!!
Jess, did you get constant burning after BM? This is really getting me now! I feel like I am burning all over, even on my front end! Do you think the pain can transfer? I am also in the process of seeing a gynae, as I am having front bottom issues too!!! Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 15 Feb 2013, 13:44

I haven't had a quote but looking at other operations in the price list (seems crazy looking at a pricing menu for operations lol) I reckon it's going to come in at the Ј2,000 - Ј3,000 mark.
It's the one question I forgot to ask my CRS. Stupid of me!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Feb 2013, 16:21

Oh, that is expensive 😷💉 but worth it to get your life back! Do you think you are gonna pay privately then to have it done? It will speed things up, and you will get better care. Not sure though on follow up? Would you still have to continue privately? My uncle's brother had a lot of private treatment and was charged Ј14 for a paracetamol lol.😋
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 08:23

My operation was ~$3000. I have insurance, but I still have to pay a deductible and some other BS deductible that come to $4500 out of pocket before my insurance kicks in. I know right now that I have to pay $2000 flat for the surgery. I will probably get another anesthesiologist bill for a few hundred dollars. It ain't cheap, but I didn't have a choice!
Yes, I would tell the surgeon that I want to get LIS, NOT Botox. The ONLY downside to surgery is the cost. Please do not fear it. I had one painful day, the 2nd day and that was the worst of it- totally worth it though!
Burning- yes all day/all night except for when I was in the bathtub. This was the week before my surgery and it was 24/7 pain management! I could not sit down either because of the pressure it put on the skin tag that I had developed.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 09:35

Hi Jess, thanks for the reply! How long had you had he fissures? I have 2 which really scares me! I am also struggling with weight loss! I was 9 stone, but have gone down to just under 8, so I look ill! I need to eat some fattening food that won't irritate the fissures or my IBS?! I have posted on the diet section, to see of anyone has any ideas?
Did you have time off work!? I have had a fair bit, and I am off again now. I teach Hairdressing, and have found it hard to concentrate on my job! Maybe I would be better going back, so my mind is occupied! This is taking over my life! Know they can't kill me, but it's horrible! 😈💉😈😈😈😈
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 10:47

I took 2 weeks off post op. I will go back on Monday. I am doing okay except for itching and I'm not sure which ointment to use. I will call the nurse on Monday. For now I am using A&D ointment to soften up the stitches.
If you can try to work then it's better than being alone at home. Isolation sucks! Unfortunately I had to take a week off before surgery because I could not sit down.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 10:59

I had 1 fissure that I thought was a hemorrhoid for a long time. The doctor gave me Proctofoam to use and it worked well for the first few bouts of pain. When I developed the skin tag, then it was not going to heal on its own no matter how much medication I used. If I had known it could have gotten that bad, I would have taken mor aggressive measures sooner.
What are you taking to treat your Ibs?
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Englanddevon » 20 Feb 2013, 13:55

Rachel - not sure if the front and back are related but it a coincidence that they started as the same time? Don't get too much pain from a wee however it is often difficult to go as I'm normally in pain from getting to bed to the bathroom!
How are you getting on with your hospital appointment? I'm NHS too and even though my gp specified I needed to be seen urgently the first appointment is 4 weeks away! And then how long to wait before surgery?!
Try and keep your chin up. 4 months ago I would never have dreamed discussing this with anyone but I've told a few girl friends and the support has really helped, no linger have to come with excuses as to why I can't leave the house x
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3