My LIS Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My LIS Diary

Postby Tight5 » 15 Jan 2015, 15:53

So, what's it been...almost 4 months since my last post? And things continue basically the same: I'll go a few weeks feeling pretty good then have a few days of flare-up. Right now I'm about 5 days into the latest flare-up and it's probably the worst I've had since my LIS 11 months ago. I've had a little bit of prickly discomfort following BMs the past couple of days. That said, it's nowhere near the full-blown fissure pain I had back then.

I've thought about checking in with my CRS again but have a couple other ongoing medical issues and am sick of doctor's offices.

That's about it. Nothing real bad but I just can't seem to get over the final hurdles with all this.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby powderblue » 15 Jan 2015, 17:17

Do you get any blood? Glad to hear that it is not getting much worse. Can you describe the flare-up?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Tight5 » 16 Jan 2015, 15:20

Nope. No blood since the recovery period immediately following surgery. The way it usually works is just a bit of pain at the outset of a BM. Not anywhere near the severity of the pre-LIS fissure and almost always with little-to-no pain following the BM. Up until this latest flare-up they've only last 2 or 3 days. This one is a little more severe: it's been about 6 days, the pain is slightly more pronounced and I'm having some lingering discomfort through the day.

Frustrating.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby Tight5 » 27 Apr 2015, 12:10

Another setback: The pattern of a few good weeks followed by flare ups has continued, culminating with bleeding during today's bm. This is the first blood I've seen since the surgery (14 months ago) and tells me a truth I've been trying to avoid: I'm not healed. As I'm sitting here it's getting more uncomfortable. I guess my only option is to go back to the CRS...and maybe look for another who might have some different treatment ideas.

I still recognize that my pain appears to be not nearly as bad as some fissure sufferers. But I'm really tired of this.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby powderblue » 27 Apr 2015, 13:53

So sorry to hear this.
What do you think caused it?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby Tight5 » 27 Apr 2015, 14:17

Today's bm was larger and firmer than normal, having not had one yesterday. I've been consistent with Miralax but have tried to taper recently from nightly to every other night. That had worked out OK for a few weeks before today. I guess my situation was on the edge of a re-tear and soft, small stools had kept that from happening. Until today.

I'm scheduled to see the CRS tomorrow morning. I'm sure we'll be equally happy to see each other again.

Ugh.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby powderblue » 27 Apr 2015, 18:11

Again, very very sorry to hear that. Hang in there, my thoughts are with you. Hopefully CRS visit will be useful.
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 28 Apr 2015, 02:33

So sorry Tight5. Let us know what your CRS has to say.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Tight5 » 28 Apr 2015, 11:04

Back from the CRS. He took a look and confirmed a fissure (no surprise). We talked a bit about a seizure I had in November (totally out of the blue and unexplained to this point) and how muscle contractions from that could have exacerbated the fissure healing. I'm a little skeptical as I didn't notice any immediate effects...but who knows?

He's clearly a fan of conservative treatment and has suggested much of the same stuff we did when I first met with him: higher fiber diet with supplemental fiber, cut back bread/cheese/spicy food (all staples of my usual diet :cry: ). I'll recommit to all of that and see what happens. Then back to see him again in about 7 weeks.

Thanks for all the support here. It's very helpful during what tends to be relatively private suffering...who really wants to hear about their friends' butt problems?
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby salamon555 » 21 Aug 2015, 22:42

Hi Tight5 , I have been reading your story. I have not seen any posts recently, and I was wondering how you have been doing. Im heading for surgery and would like to hear about how you are doing, Thx
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7