Food question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Food question

Postby Jen » 27 Jun 2008, 11:51

I use A&D ointment with every diaper change on my little one and he never gets diaper rash because of that - maybe I can benifit from it too!
Have fun in CO Lecia! I am glad you feel well enough to go despite your recent setback! Have a good time!
I am not ready to call this a setback yet. It may have been blood from my period. It was not painful - just the blood. My CRS used an anoscope last week and said I was good to go. I have no more hemmies, and my fissure looks great! I did have another BM this morning and there so no blood so it is a positive sign. Lecia - did your BM hurt this morning or was there just blood? Dang ketchup!!!! Image I'll let you guys know how the next few days go...But IF this is a setback, I am done! I will call my CRS next week for the soonest LIS!!! I will not fight this fissure anymore!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Jun 2008, 14:55

So sorry Jen Image Image Image - I really hope it was just period on TP.When
in doubt I put the tampon in and than go and blot and if there is nothing than
I am sure it was my other parts fault. Period is always worst time - all is so tender and spasms are stronger - HATE ketchup Image . Anyway - try to take some softeners just for a day or two to be on the safe side. I ignored my butt spotting this time around since Kim had no problems but mine was obviously warning sign to do something about it, which I did not and it than turned in real tiny fissure !!! Next time if I have any pink or red on my TP I will immediately start with sitzs and softeners as a preemptive measure !
Hope this all was just a fluke which it might as well be dear Jen - I am keeping my fingers crossed Image
Lecia buddy Image - how far is your place from Bolder ? Maybe there is a chance ??? Image Well,that would be something Image :cherries:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 27 Jun 2008, 17:05

Thanks for everyones kind words - I hope this is not a setback! Good news - I am not in pain nor am I sore. I am going to take MOM just in case all weekend. I will let you all know how it turns out.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 28 Jun 2008, 09:39

Ok gals -
So after 3 bowel movements between today and yesterday, I can say that I am almost positive the mystery blood was not from my bum yesterday - dang Ketchup!!! Image
I will still be on full alert all weekend!
Lecia - Did you ever find out where your blood came from yesterday??? I hope all is well!!!
:belle:
Jen
King Fissure

Postby val » 28 Jun 2008, 13:33

phew! I bet you're glad Jen! Thats good news you're not suffering again!
I hope you're ok Lecia?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2008, 13:49

GREAT NEWS JEN Image . I guess we will be cringing to the rest of our lives any time there is anything remotely suspicious on our TP LOL !!!
What a wonderful life Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2008, 16:10

My blood is from my bum. I bleed again today-I had a scratchy tip poo and opened up the incision from the last I&D. The spot where he injected the lidocaine has a small hematoma too.

I guess I will up the MOM but if I do too much it isn't formed enough and then I have to strain more. It is tempting to just stop eating but that d@mn hunger!!!!

Glad you don't have an official setback, Jen. That is great new!!!

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Jun 2008, 00:13

Oh noooo baby-Lecia Image Image Image - that just SUCKS !!!!! Crappy CRAP Image !!!!! Just not fair Image Geeeeeeeezzz Image !!!??????????
The only comforting thing is that it is coming from the newest incision - so it just needs time to heal completely like everything else did , thanks God, but it is frustrating all the same Image Don't stop eating buddy Image , you must have enough nutrients - how about shakes and Ensure and stuff ? They should not be constipating and poop should not be too liquid either. I know that you do not like Metamucil but it helps me even when it is too runny - somehow it collects extra water too Image .
I will keep my fingers crossed that it all stops by tomorrow my buddy Image Image Image :sprinkleheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 29 Jun 2008, 02:40

:( oh no Lecia. not again. I'm so sorry you've got to go through all this.
Hope you feel better very soon. Image Image Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2008, 07:06

I do hope things are better for you today Lecia !
Sending you lots of postive vibes..
x