Food question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Food question

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2008, 14:32

Aww Fiss, Your avator made me smile Image
Its a beautiful photo Image

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Jun 2008, 15:12

Thanks Jen and "Tubby" ; ) !!! Image I am doing better - I mean, my butt is doing better LOL, "I" am another story Image . Still can't relax - oh well - maybe with time I will just get used to idea of having defective AH and
not care - if that is possible - NOT ! But what person to do - we have to move forward and live this life the best way we can and maybe one day we will heal inside and out and tell fairy-tails to our grandkids about "BIG BAD BUTT" !!!
How are you Tabby ? Is vaseline still helping with the itch and burning ? I hope so : ))) !
Jen - how is your butty ??? I guess very well since you are thinking about another "little one" Image !!!
LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 25 Jun 2008, 15:25

Fiss -
I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!! :) Thats fabulous! I also hope we can tell stories about our big bad butts! Image Is your skin tag thingy gone now that you are feeling better???
I am feeling great, but I am so hesitant to get off the nitro. I don't think 3 months makes an AF heal. I won't be worry free until it is better for like a year, and even then, I will be very aware of going to the bathroom. W are going to try for a little one only if I stay healed early next year - that way I can be pregnant when I graduate - I am such a planner! :)
I thought of you the other day because my hubby and I booked a week vacation in Hawaii (not for another 5 months). We will be stayiing on Oahu the whole time because I don't feel like island hopping with the baby. Any advise or suggestions (besides avoiding an AF on the trip)? We are going to see Pearl Harbor. We are also big hikers and blan to put our son in a backpack and go hiking. Did you guys do any of that? I plan on taking stool softeners that whole trip! I know that Luau food can stop a person up!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Jun 2008, 16:51

Hi Jen : ))) ! My skin tag is smaller but I don't think it will ever go away completely - which is OK as long as it behaves LOL.
I think that your baby-plan is a good plan all over - and yes, planning is always a good thing : ) !
You would not believe me if I tell you that for all 10 years that I have been going to HI I never went to any other island but the Big one and ALWAYS to the same place ; ) !!! I do that because I found the perfect spot where there are no waves, too much wind or rain ever !!! Beaches are never crowded (as you can see from my photo ; ). I love windsurfing, snorkeling and swimming in the ocean - and that is where I spend most of my time - in the ocean : ))) ! The rest I spend shopping, sometimes a spa, and maybe one or 2 days in the morning I would "sacrifice" for sight-seeing - usually if I get a sunburn and need a break LOL - otherwise I am addicted to the sights and smells of the big blue yonder.
Yes, take stool softeners and take them regardlessly LOL, why worry while on the vacation ??? I wish I knew more about Oahu so that I can tell you what to see or where to eat or where is the best beach - but hey, maybe next time you will go to Big Island !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 25 Jun 2008, 18:09

Guys,
We went with a tour group to the Big Island, Honolulu, and Maui, and I liked every minute of the tour.
On Oahu Waikiki beach was nice, and I also liked the bus tour of Honolulu that talked about the history of the people and the Hawaiian kings. I took a bus to the Polynesian culture center with some of the group while my husband went snorkeling with other group members. My supervisor at the time highly recommended the Polynesian Cultural Center and it was worth the bus trip to get there. We also saw Pearl Harbor. We stayed in downtown Honolulu about 10 floors up which provided a wonderful view of the city. Hope this give you some ideas to contemplate!
Fiss,
If you would be willing to share the info/a weblink about your favorite place on the Big Island, please do so as I am starting to feel more confident that I will be able to travel again, and I would like to return to Hawaii. I am also thinking that staying in one place would be easier on the digestive system, rather than flitting from place to place/island to island and not being able to drink enough water and watch the diet as well.
To improved health for all of us,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 08:04

Dear Fiss ,
So glad to hear you are feeling better....TOUCHWOOD ! I know !
Glad that skin tag of your is behaving too !
I really liked your avator yesterday, it caught a lovely moment between you and your hubby Image
I love my wedding photos for this reason Image
I am doing good Shhhhhhh...TOUCHWOOD!
The vaseline is a life saver , such a simple tip but the best Image
The itching and burning stopped as soon i came of the Diltiazem cream !
I Have a fissure re evalution in a few weeks time :pale: i am hoping for good news !! GULP !
Thank you for asking dear Fiss Image
The Tubster Image
xx

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 08:08

PS, Cheryl, I am so pleased you have been thinking about travelling again.
Hawaii sounds like heaven !

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 08:50

Tubster-you should post a wedding shot of you and your hubster.

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 09:26

Image You think ??
Camera shy springs to mind !
LOL@Hubster, you make me laugh Image

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 09:32

Maybe one far away? I want Tubster and Hubster!!!