Food question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Food question

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 10:54

Hasnt that a good ring to it Image
Yes far away and a slight haze Image

Postby Jen » 26 Jun 2008, 22:19

Sounds like you guys had so much fun in Hawaii! I can't wait!!! :parrot:
We are going for a week. We are staying right on Waikiki beach at a resort. I plan on hanging out at the spa and the beach most the time. I just know my little guy will love the sand! I want to take a day and go to Pearl Harbor and to the Dole Pineapple plantation. We alao want to go on a few hikes. At first I was worried about my fissure on the trip. But, I am a naturally healthy eater anyway, I am sure I will eat tons of fruit and be safe - plus I am not a fan of those "foo foo" drinks with the umbrella's and palm trees in them - none for me please! I can't wait until I can post a kissing beach picture!!!:)
Is this a hula smiley??? I love it!!! :tropical:
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Jun 2008, 23:19

Hey Jen - don't forget the promise Image !!! We are counting on that pick Image Yes, you will have a ton of fun - try to find secluded beach even if it
requires some driving - worth every minute and more !!! Luau is obligatory !!! Just don't salivate too much over "natives" swinging their hips LOL and don't tease your husband when his eyes pop out at hula girls LOL !!!
"Tubby" and Hubby - we want that photo ASAP !!!! No haze please, I am already in so much smog because of the wild fires that are still raging all around us :mouse: - we stay inside as much as possible. Moon is red color because of the haze and smoke - so weird Image I feel so sorry for people with respiratory problems - they must be suffering really bad : ((.
Leciaaaaaa- take me with you to Colorado :please: !!!!! I am choking here :pale:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 27 Jun 2008, 08:26

Yes Tubby! We want to see the photo! Please????
Lecia - I am glad you still get to go to Colorado! How fun!!
Yes, I will post the Hawaii pic - but the trip is not for another 5 months!! I can't wait that long to kiss on the beach!! Oh well it gives me something to look forward to!
Ok, so here is a question for the ladies...(sorry guys). I am bummed. I think I might have had a setback. I am not sure....It is that time of the month and when I wipped there was blood on the TP. I know this seams normal, but the thing is I was pretty clean down there and I only whipped on my anus. I really don't know where that blood came from. I am hoping some just came from my "other area". I noticed the same thing yesterday, but thought the same thing...that it was from ketchup. I jyst need to vent about this - sorry I really don't want to sound gross. I am just so worried now that I am having a setback. Has anyone else gone through this?? I have been dealing with this fissure for a while and this is the only time the blood seamed to be coming from my bum during my monthly cycle.
Jen - Insert the missing ketchup emoticon here - :D
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 08:50

Guess I need to repost the ketchup smiley, huh?

I have had that happen too-this morning actually. I thought I was done with my period though so I thought maybe it was my bottom but I blotted again and still can't tell where it is coming from. Does it hurt at all?

I really like A&D ointment before bowel m's which I guess is like vaseline except it does have vitamins A and D and lanolin which are supposed to be soothing. Good for sore nipples from breastfeeding and for baby's bottom. (wash off before nursing). I have pooped three times today. The poop fairy woke me up at 6 am so I got a little more sleep. I forgot to put the A&D ointment on the last time and ouch!!!!! I think I have found the culprit-the prune I was eating at bedtime. So if anyone ever needs a little boost in digestion I have proof that it works. (a little too well in my case-but I have had to take some painkillers this week and wanted to make sure I didn't constipate).

Have fun in HI, Jen. I am nervous about going out to CO but I don't want to stay here by myself the whoe time either. Guess I can be in pain either place. We are coming back early so that I can continue to see teh doctors and work on what is causing the problems. Please pray that I don't get another hemmie.

Love you all!

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 08:52

Oh, Fiss, why don't you come out and see me-it might be the closest we get to each other since we live on opposite coasts. At least I wil be closer and we can play our games since I won't be in bed when you are just getting back on.

Postby cherylk » 27 Jun 2008, 09:31

Lecia,
I am glad that you can go to Colorado, but also envious of you since I cannot go! It will be refreshing for you to see some mts unless you also have them where you now live. Do you put the A & D ointment inside and if so, what type of applicator do you use if you don't mind me asking? When are you leaving for CO? I would like to return to CO and see the places where I spent two of my summers while in college--Estes and Boulder.
Jen,
I wonder how will we know if we are healed? My local CRS did a manual visual about a month ago, but I think the only way that a doc can tell completely is via the scope which I don't want to have at this time for fear of reinjury. Personally, I think it would be much simpler to have a colostomy bag as those people probably don't have to worry about butt issues, but I know they can have "pouchitis," which is no doubt annoying also. I would like to have the anorectal manometry, but I am also fearful of that test at the present time because I would need to have an enema prior in addition to having a balloon inserted and inflated.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 09:56

My family (and my husband's family) all live in Fort Collins so that is where we will be. It is really just a "to go see" family trip and not a vacation vacation if you know what I mean. But it will be nice to escape the humidity and see what real mountain look like again!

I just use the A&D ointment on the outside but when I need to put it inside I put a little bit of KY first on the anus and then push the AD ointment in with my finger. (I have no nails). I don't really go inside very far as that is where my fissure/hem/incision is.

Postby cherylk » 27 Jun 2008, 10:50

Lecia,
Thanks for the explanation about how you do your application. I remember now that you had mentioned Fort Collins. I hope you enjoy yourself. Have you been feeling better? I get so tired of being fearful about the way things are going to come "out," don't you???
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 11:46

Dear Jen ,
I am sorry to hear about your ketchup time, isnt it such a drag !
Everything seems to tighten around this time :shock:
I hope i have curbed my setbacks that always seem to happen around that time ! TOUCHWOOD !
Please try some evening primrose, i take 1300mg a day others take more !
x
Lecia that bum fairys sucks, she caught my hubby too !
He has an upset tummy and a burning ass !
I have been avoiding him ! :pale:
Fiss, I hope you are Ok in the haze , that sounds scary !
I hope everyones butts feel better very very soon !
x