Food question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Food question

Postby cherylk » 23 May 2008, 10:36

Thanks for the feedback, Lecia. Boy you were really taking a lot of Vit C! It is rainy and sloppy today in the Midwest in case anyone is interested. But all of the rain really has resulted in our lawns looking very GREEN.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 11:14

Awww thank you... That is very kind Lecia Image
Ouch burny butt !! i learnt the hard way too with vitc Image
I am ok with acidic foods... in moderation of course !

Postby Fissulyna » 23 May 2008, 15:36

It is very smoky here LOL ! We have wild fires raging in the neighboring city - second day today !!! It is very windy too so it is spreading like crazy ! I thought it was foggy this morning until I opened the window - it stinks BIG DEAL !!! I made a plan what to take in the case of evacuation - Metamucil, Colace, and my "butt basket" - all of the rest can stay LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 17:29

Wow-I hadn't heard about the wildfires! Does that happen most Summers?

It has been a mild May here-just starting to heat up! Time to make my getaway!

:gfriend: Just thought she was so cute and had to add her in our smilies.

Postby Fissulyna » 23 May 2008, 17:45

Aaaaaaawe - she is !!!!! : )))) Thanks buddy for finding time to give us all those cute and silly smilies - it makes posting much more fun !!!
Yeah, we have those fires in CA regularly since global warming "is not happening" ; ) . Winters are too mild and vegetation is just growing like crazy - lots of high grass and bush - ever saw "happy California cow commercial" ???. Anyway - all of that grass than gets scorched by warm and dry early spring and summer and voila - perfect conditions for fire to start and when it starts - oh boy - redwoods and eucalyptus burn with speed of light. It is surreal almost to see fire "jump" from one top of a tree to the other - even across the streets ! We personally never had one this close Image . It is not going in our direction because of the wind - but wind can change the direction !!!! Oh well - it would than make me move to the pace I would rather be at anyway ; ) !
So, yeah, between earthquakes , mudslides ,wildfires and water shortages
life in CA is great LOL !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 23 May 2008, 18:34

Fiss,
I hope that you are feeling better. Just for the record I have two friends that have moved from our area/the Midwest, and both think CA is great after each has lived there for over 15 years. They don't miss the great Midwestern winters! But every area has pros and cons. We even had an earthquake in the center of the US a few weeks ago, so anything can happen. I appreciate your humor!
Take care,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 23 May 2008, 19:34

mmm i think i will have some shittles right about now! :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 19:53

I know, doesn't that just make you hungry???!!!

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 18:16

Hey Beccy,
Just to chime in here from something earlier in the post. Bananas are good for you to help with constipation and they can help with diarhea too. My friend who is a chiropractor told me that. I also drink soy milk too. I am like buttgirl I have never had a problem with yogurt either.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2008, 18:22

I eat a banana and drink a glass of soy milk everyday, and I generally have great looking stools, if there is such a thing!
Deleted User 5