Food question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Food question

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 11:38

That is excellent news Beccy :D
I would try some evening primrose too :D

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 May 2008, 08:22

Hope you continue to feel better, Beccy! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 22 May 2008, 07:28

Thank you for all your wishes! I've definitely been having a few good days in terms of the fissure! :D
Tabby - how does evening primrose help? I've heard of it but not sure of its details... I'm open to trying anything!
xx

Postby cherylk » 22 May 2008, 07:58

I like this quote which was in a newspaper ad for a local restaurant:
"If it wasn't food one-hundred years ago, it isn't food today."
Turkey from the deli works well for me as well as baked fish.
To good health for all,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 22 May 2008, 09:08

Hi Beccy,
Evening primrose helps to regulate hormones, it is very helpful for that time of the month, i believe it can help with constipation and cramps around that time too, I take 1300mg daily Image
I am sure you would benifit being such a young one ! :D

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 08:04

Image Tabby thank you for the tip - I went to buy some today - hopefully it will do the job - i do suffer at that dreaded time of month! xxx

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 08:43

Then it will help you Beccy, this is my worst time too...Goodluck and let us know how you get on !
You could try acidophilus too, Very good for bloated tums ! Image

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 09:04

I like the primrose oil too for that Ketchup time of the month!
I made the mistake of cutting back on it and have had more menstrual problems this time around. But last month when I was taking 1300 mg I hardly had any cramps, no butt spasms and my period lasted on 2-3 days. It was wild! It does help me with constipation too. When I first started taking it, my first bms with my period were like water but then my bowels adjusted.

speaking of living a long time with this diet...I was getting a neuromuscular massage done this week and told the therpaist about how much fiber I eat and she said wow-you are going to outlive us all. I and said, that's what I am afraid of!!!!

I take probiotics too. I ran out and could definitely tell the difference.

If any of you gals across the pond need anything supplements/laxs/chocolate, etc from the US let me know. I am always going to the post office anyway since I sell stuff on ebay.

Postby cherylk » 23 May 2008, 09:15

I am wondering if acidic food are bad for fissure/butt area. (i.e. tomotoes and oranges) I try to eat an orange every day, but don't think I will eat one of the stuffed peppers I made today that includes tomatoes with the rice. It is difficult to know what to eat!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 23 May 2008, 09:30

I know for me I try to stay away from acidic foods like tomatoes, and anything with tomato sauce and citrus but I know others on here don't have any problems with it.

I was taking too much vitamin C at one point because I knew it was good for tissue and healing. I didn't realize it at the time because it was in my multi-vitamin. One day I looked and reazlied I was taking 2500 mg of vitamin C a day. When I cut down on that my bms didn't burn as badly. And on top of that I think I was taking an extra C tablet. Now I am just down to 500 mg with a supplement and that is more manageable.