AF friendly recipes

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: AF friendly recipes

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 29 Mar 2010, 23:50

^lol ok you're right, shows what I know, telling anal fissure victims to eat starch :) ok my bad guys, cut the pasta out of that suggestion!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Mar 2010, 00:15

Oh no NO ! Everybody is different !!!! There are some general rules but exceptions also !!!! AND , maybe you found the perfect balance of total fiber in your receipt and it is not constipating at all !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Mar 2010, 01:42

lol I dunno Fiss :) If I got the balance right I probably wouldn't be here with my fissure still :( Maybe I will try the same thing without pasta one time just to see Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 30 Mar 2010, 06:15

I wondered why pasta (even whole wheat) seems to constipate me!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Mar 2010, 15:32

You see !!!!! I am telling you guys - pasta is a "bad guy " !!!
I never constipate, but if I eat pasta my poop is more "dense" - absolutely !!!!!
It is just because it is a "sticky" food LOL It stays "compact" and has a tiny amount of water absorbed in it during cooking which is absorbed by guts VERY fast and it becomes very dense and sticky consistency again !!!!
I would stay away from it LOL, but everybody is different
:roll:
In general - it can be constipating and when I had a fissure - anything that could constipate was off my list - period Image
So sorry NP : ((( - I wish I knew what you eat sooner - I would warn you *sigh Try to stay away from pasta, bread, pizza and for me even white rice was "sticky" - but brown one was absolutely OK, but in very small amount. Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Apr 2010, 01:48

Thanks for the tip Fiss, I'm making a new batch of soup tomorrow and am going to try it without pasta. I do okay with potatoes so I'm just going to substitute in extra potatoes :) Hopefully this will improve poop consistency Image
Rice works out okay for me personally, I eat a lot of sushi with both brown rice and white rice. I dunno if that's the Asian digestive tract or what but it's the only food I enjoy eating that I'm still able to eat without fear. Thank goodness for that!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Jan 2011, 03:01

I've made this smoothie lately. Lots of good fiber and other nutrients:
1 cup almond milk (I switched from soy)
1/2 or 1 banana
1 cup frozen fruit (I use blackberry/rasberry/blueberry mix)
1 teaspoon vanilla
small amount of cinamon
Combine all of the above in a blender. It makes a great smoothie. I have been paying $3.50 for a smoothie (on special) at my local workout club and decided to start making my own to avoid waiting in line to get one prepared (and to have one at a cheaper cost).
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2011, 23:01

Sounds yummy Cheryl! I'm going to have to try this Image

Postby sickofthis » 08 Jan 2011, 12:53

happyass wrote:tonight i made vegetarian enchiladas. i made them with portabello mushrooms lightly grilled with extra virgin olive oil with some seasonings, steamed green and red bell peppers, steamed sliced beets, and a nice garlic saute of sweet yellow corn and red onions and sesame seeds.
each corn tortilla is then built with some portabello mushrooms, black beans, garlic corn/carrot/red onions, red and green bell peppers with beets, and some mexican cheese and drizzle with some dona maria green mole.
all baked on top of a bed of polenta.
mmmmmm........

Are corn tortillas to okay to eat? I thought they might create a hard stool??? please advise...Does chicken affect a stool? Thanks in advance!!!
sickofthis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 09 Jan 2011, 07:46

I think it is the combo of food that matters. In other words, if you eat something bad, it isn't AS BAD if you add something good along with it. Has anyone tried the shake I posted above????? That will help loosen up anyone's bowels, especially fruit and blueberries!!
cherylk
VIP