fiber and water.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: fiber and water.

Postby buttgirl » 02 May 2008, 15:35

Sounds delicious!! I'm sure we could saute up some nice mushroons for an appetizer. :hershy:
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 02 May 2008, 18:18

ha ha haaaaa- yeah, I have some kind growing in my garden LOL, we might try their effect and see what happens - if we don't get "high" we will definitely end up "down"
Image LOL !!! :conga:
PS: How are your tomatoes doing : ) ? What variety did you plant this year :'\;redbud:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 06 May 2008, 13:20

Image You girls are so funny !!
They do have benifibre in holland and barrett (UK)
But i had already brought fibresure -inulin
I will give it a go ....Why didnt i think of this before !!
:stirthepot:

Postby buttgirl » 06 May 2008, 15:33

Fiss, Oh, I've got lovely ones this year. The vines are growing nicely in thier cages. We usually plant about 6 romas because they do so well in So Cal climate--they grow a lot and dont slipt or rot. Then I also plant a couple heirlooms. I've got a peach tomato (whose name I forgot) and a zebra tomato. I can't wait until thye grow in. A couple of years ago I had a lemon tomato. It was delicious. I ate them all with just salt and pepper. Yum. Are you growing any?
Tabby, I'm glad you found some. I am going to England this summer and was hoping I wouldn't have to lug all my fiber with me. I also found fibersure over here yesterday. Let me know if it works as well for you.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 06 May 2008, 15:54

Wow cool ..Where in abouts in England ?
I looked at holland and barrett online, but think it only sells instore!
Do You prefer the benifibre for any particular reason Buttgirl ? are they just as good as each other ?

Postby buttgirl » 08 May 2008, 10:52

Tabby, All over in England. My family lives in Kent, so I'll spend a while there and then do the rail and sail to Ireland and then check out the lake district, I'm thinking. then on to visit some pals in scotland. Those are the vague and tentative plans anyway.
I like benefiber because it's completely soluble and it completely dissolves in water. other soluble fibers like citruscel and inulin (at least the brand I got) can be a little chunky. Perhaps fibersure has solved that problem.
An update:
The fiber water is still working great. A potential hard bm yesterday was no problemo. I just wish drs would sit down and explain how to get 30+ grams of fiber a day without eating a ton go along with it. Aside from the LIS, this has really made a bigger difference in my bm than anything else over the past 2 years.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 08 May 2008, 13:22

How wonderful to have family all over :D That sounds a lovely hoilday :)
Thank you Buttgirl :)
Now my update is...the fibresure is still sitting unopened !!
I am a little hesitant as i really dont want anything to rock the boat ...whats a girl to do Image
Then i think maybe i should go for it and reduce my movicol to half a sachet...GULP...ill come back once i have mulled this one over !!!

Postby Fissulyna » 08 May 2008, 14:01

Hey Chris - I planted 4 of them this year! I like them on the acidic side and small so I have 2 Early Girls, 1 Early Boy and one heirloom
, I also forgot the name LOL, it is dark purplish color - came from Baltic region I think - the label said that it has the most unusual fruity flavor so I wanted to try it . I don't know if it will like climate here, and heirlooms can be finicky with fruiting - but we shall see LOL. And yeah , they are growing crazy now, they were little bit slow first couple of weeks and all of the sudden _ Wooooshhh - Up they go - it was overnight, literary!!! My hubby and me were all dressed up to go for a nice stroll when we decided to see how "crop" is doing and I just squeaked when I saw them hanging down!!! We took the cages and installed them immediately and since they are in raised beds I (as a lighter one) stepped on the top of the edge to help precise maneuvering. The side of a bed is about 2 feet high LOL so neighbors could see me perched up in fancy clothes mending cages - LOL, I am sure that after that sight they concluded that I have brain fissure too ha ha haaaaa !!! Oh, who cares LOL !!!
I guess that tomatoes are source of fiber - so we did not "highjack" this thread LOL !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 08 May 2008, 16:27

Those sounds so good. One year I had a cherokee tomato. it was so dark purpley red it looked brown. it was the richest and most delicious tomato ever, but i only got 4 fromthe bush the entire season, so I haven't planted another since. Maybe I should try again. I have moved the herilooms to thier own pots so they have been doing better. Yummy fiber!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 08 May 2008, 18:51

Ha ha : ))) - as if I can already see, I will end up with 4 peaces too LOL. But we have to try - right? How else we would know what likes our garden and what not ; ) ! Have you ever grown raspberries ???
My hubby insisted we plant them but I am so skeptical since they are so touchy - well, have to let him have some fun LOL, I can't carry heavy loads any more so I will need more help ; ))) !!!
Oh , yeah, I forgot blueberries too - I scarified 2 pots for him LOL, we shall see how many tiny purple marbles we will collect Image . He is so funny and cute at the same time - he has no experience in gardening - I mean ZERRO , but always want to try the most difficult things to grow, bless his heart. :_):
Fissulyna
VIP