fiber and water.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: fiber and water.

Postby buttgirl » 09 May 2008, 09:36

Image I haven't tried raspberries. we really don't have anywhere fo them except undet the fruit trees. And well... that's just not good for me. I prefer not walking through brambles to get my peaches. Too bad these don't travel well enough for trade.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 09 May 2008, 15:37

ha ha - I don't think I would be able to trade even if they shipped well since they ask for so much pampering - they fruit only on 2 year old canes Image so one is supposed to keep track of cane age Image and prune it accordingly Image - not to mention powdery mildew that just adores them and birds that will devour them before I even have a chance to see them turn pink Image . I planted 2 varieties in another raised bed and any time I water them I imagine what I will plant next year after my hubby gives up his enthusiastic experimenting Image .
Do you have any flower beds ? (except Psyllium of course Image )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 09 May 2008, 17:48

cute girls!
Nope no flower beds, though I do have flowring plants, mainly herbs, all over my yard. Right now, the pea, the salvia, the sage, the brass buttons, the flannel bush, the mallow, the geranium, the bottle brush, and the lavendar, oh and of coure the roses, are all in bloom. The columbine is on it's last legs. What kind of flowers do you have?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 09 May 2008, 18:50

Well, fist thank you for calling me a girl XOXO!!!
Hey, I have better idea - I will send you some picks from my garden Image . Roses are my main thing - just can' have enough of them !!! My garden is only a year old but I already planted about 36-40 roses , I lost the count Image I also love flowering bushes so I have some Lilacs, Forsythias, Sage of course (Russian and Mexican), Rosemary, Mock Orange, Holly, Butterfly Bush, many Camellias, Hydrangeas and so forth. I love flowering ground covers and low maintenance perennials like Hosta, ferns, Coral bells, Fuchsias, Day lilies and Agaphantus . I just can't live without Delphiniums and Dalhias either Image - well no wonder I got butt problems with all that digging and howling stuff all the time :pale: !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 10 May 2008, 18:57

Just bought 2 more roses today Image - I am a "rose addict" - somebody help !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 10 May 2008, 19:25

My husband just bought me 4 roses bushes for Mother's Day and will plant them tomorrow. I am so excited. We planted some annuals yesterday and planted a bunch of wildflower seeds that are starting to come up.
I can't wait for the gardenias to bloom!

Cool shades there! Is that your sister?

Postby Fissulyna » 10 May 2008, 20:39

Yaaaay Image Lecia-baby is gardening Image !!! I suppose I can come soon and start with our calendar photo shoot ; ))) !!! I am soooo happy to hear that you are out and about Image , you have no idea Image !!!
That is just fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my :dolphin:
Thanks for the compliment LOL, that is my older daughter :kids: and many think that we are sisters which is hilarious Image There were so many comical situations with that, I could write a book Image
Happy Mother's Day to you dear buddy and to all mothers on our forum :hpmd:
LOVE TO ALL :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 10 May 2008, 21:11

Well, it was either get those boogers in the ground or kill a bunch of plants and I just couldn't let that happen!

But it sure was nice to be outside yesterday. Today was a b*tch but I just have to remember yesterday when I had soil all under my fingernails and mud caked on my shoes!!!

Well, why don't you write a book!!! I could use the entertainment!

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 07:33

Fiss, That is a wicked photo of you and your daughter :)
Fibresure still in the cupboard !!!! :roll:

Postby val » 11 May 2008, 14:34

I bought some fibresure too, and I'm also a bit reluctant to try it!! I tried some water with fibre added from the supermarket, and it went straight through! Wont be buying that again!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86