Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Feb 2018, 00:01

It may take a few more days to take effect. Are you using the diltiazem to help with tightness in the meantime?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 14:13

Hi no I'm using something called tui balm before bed it is nz made has heaps of goodies in it like bees wax Olive oil calendula Manuka vit E . It's for anything an everything mums cracked nipples baby rash wounds exma dermatitis and it's helping with the skin tissue an healing I hope. The muscle is only tight during a bm because of the pain an the anticipation an anxiety during that moment but during the day an right after I've cleaned up it's painfree an doesn't feel tight it's always been like this the only time it's been tight during the day is when I've had what I would maybe call my type of spasms which was sharp pin pricks into the muscle that would make me jump an a constant ache pain an sliced bum pain during those days it would be tight so it's only tight if there's pain for me, now my question is if it's not my scar tissue as the surgeon said it looks new and if I don't get the rolling on the floor spasms causing tightness and my stools only sometimes during and before my period get more formed an a bit firmer (not hard) then why does this thing keep coming back? My body heals really well I thought it was scar tissue issue but the surgeon said it's not so now I have no direction?? Stress anxiety something external causing it like my most of the time unhappy loveless relationship?? I'm soul searching here people bare with me.
Last edited by missy moo on 16 Feb 2018, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Feb 2018, 14:25

It could be caused by a build up in cortisol....if there is an underlying unhappiness then that surely leads to a build up of stress, maybe not the noticeable shouting kind of stress but stress non the less. This will cause cortisol to be released which will tighten the muscles like the IS which could explain why it only happens at certain times as women can produce more of this hormone at the beginning of their period.
Not sure what you would do to ease this, perhaps couples counselling or some mindfulness on your own.
I know now that stress really does have an impact on my IS and although I know the “science” behind it...it doesn’t mean I can stop it as it’s a natural response.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 14:41

Yes that is really helpful I think about stress not helping this thing all the time an I tell my partner I'm to stressed that's why it comes back I've narrowed it down to the point I can highlight on my calendar when it's likely to retear it's within the 7 days leading up to my period or during the 4 days of my period once or twice it's retorn the day after my period or the next day I feel like during that time my muscle gets tighter the pressure an swelling down there from my body getting ready to and during the expelling of the lining plus maybe that stress hormone all at once causes it. But there had been once or twice is skipped a period an hit at the next one which has just given me major fulse hope. I'm really thinking about going on a birth control maybe if I can stop that period cycle all together an those fluctuating hormones it mite stop my fissure cycle I mean anything is worth a shot right I know it can cause constipation but with my molaxole water an diet I should be able to control that it's my periods an stresses fault, it feels good to blame something so you have something to try fit/try
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Feb 2018, 15:04

Yes it must be worth a try at least, And you have strategies in place to counteract any constipating effects.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 15:14

Yea I'm going to give it a go not sure which one yet does anyone know which one causes less constipation? :p
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 15:20

Also how does one combat or lessen cortisol
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 15:30

Just found this online

The problems associated with chronically elevated cortisol levels include:

Suppressed immunity
Hypertension
High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
Insulin resistance
Carbohydrate cravings
Metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
Fat deposits on the face, neck, and belly
Reduced libido
Bone loss1
Cortisol is a “stress hormone” that is responsible for many of the long-term health consequences suffered by those who encounter frequent stressful situations.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 15:37

Sorry guys! Also found this just sharing my crazyness here : )

Rhodiola is a known adaptogen—a plant-based compound that improves resistance to stress.
It exerts system-wide protective and restorative effects, increasing longevity and healthy life span in experimental models.
It has been shown to favorably modulate the stress response, restore vital organ function, and boost immunity.
It also combats aging cognitive function, minimizing depression, and anxiety.
Rhodiola enhances muscle performance, increases endurance, prevents muscle damage, and improves blood circulation
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 15:43

I research far to much :p
missy moo
King Fissure