Having surgery on Tuesday - very nervous! Any tips/advice?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Having surgery on Tuesday - very nervous! Any tips/advice?

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2009, 09:44

How are your stools? I take benefibre now instead of Citracel and have noticed much more consistent soft BM's that have helped me a lot. I take two teaspoons, one time in the morning and once in the evening........To me the most important thing is consistent BM's....as far as pain level goes.

Postby crimeofpassion » 11 Jul 2009, 14:19

They're usually pretty good, although today I had a harder BM that caused pain. Sometimes it seems like even with all the stuff I'm taking and plenty of water, my stool won't stay soft.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2009, 10:30

I know. It is hard to keep them soft. I found with benefibre my stays the most consistent and I have backed off from citracel because it seems to make the BM's larger......how are you today?

Postby crimeofpassion » 13 Jul 2009, 16:53

I have been very sore these past few days. Just very achey...sucks. Still spasming, of course. Image
I'm going to try the Benefibre instead of the Citrucel for the next few days and see what happens. :D
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2009, 07:33

Good. I hope it helps. It may take a few days but hopefully it will....let me know if you have any questions!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2009, 15:40

Wow, COP! That sucks! Still spasming!
I wish I had known that tip about the citrucel/benfiber... it may have been a big help with me! Having to sit at work is rough, too. I found that even kneeling could bring on the spasms at times. Just using my computer at home was a challenge. I hope you get to give that tail a rest once you get off work each day, COP!
Deleted User 5

Postby crimeofpassion » 14 Jul 2009, 16:50

Ack. Seems like the benefiber is making me go too much, and I only took 2 tablets! I've gone 3 times today - I have to go, like, 10-15 minutes after I eat a meal. Feeling rather sore. :(
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2009, 07:05

wow, it doesn't do that to me. I take the powder form twice a day (two teaspoons)..wonder if that makes a difference? I go once a day, pretty much every morning. But I also make sure I am not getting too much fiber or too much fruit, as when I do that I go more.

Postby crimeofpassion » 19 Jul 2009, 11:37

The benefiber does seem to be working a bit better than Citrucel, but I'm reserving final judgement until I've been taking it for 2 weeks or so.
I still feel like I took 2 giant steps backward with the surgery. Still spasming, and the pain is a lot worse than it was pre-surgery. This past week I've been even more sore than usual. Sitting and walking is awful.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jul 2009, 06:03

Well, maybe over time the benefiber will start to help! Did you say you had to sit a lot at work? That sure can keep things feeling sore. Too much sitting seemed to set my spasms off, does that seem to be the case with you?
Deleted User 5