IBS and LIS healing

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: IBS and LIS healing

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 May 2010, 01:28

Anyhow don't let me keep you up Fiss :) Not much that I can do about anything right now, I'm guessing the doctor will say it's normal and to give it time, and that unless there's pain or other symptoms, not to worry about it.
I know you're not around here that often, and appreciate all the time you've taken to answer my silly questions, both tonight and in the past Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 10 May 2010, 01:28

Oh - one more thing - do not go with any soap there : (((- it can sting BADLY and irritate it very, very much *sigh. Clean water in sufficient BUT - sometimes check for a cleanliness LOL - seriously - I washed alwyas (even before fissure event- in Europe people wash after BM LOL - bidet thing or short shower ; ). So, I would shower after BM , have a soak and than check - and I was surprised to find things "stuck" ha ha haaaaa - well sorry for visuals LMAO, but it was like that !!! Once it was a small peace of salad leaf , once a peace of sea-weed and once tiny part of a noodle LMAO - just check it OK LMAO !!!! Also - the discharge sometimes sticks on the outside of the anus (yellowish stuff) and gets dissolved by water but does not "fall off". Try that Q-tip - you will see what stays on him LMAO. It is almost like a baby umbilical - you wash a baby but still there is some gunk there to be cleaned by a q-tip !!!
DO NOT WORRY !!! It is juts a hemathoma that formed between your cheek muscle and sphincter - it will be gone in no time !!!! If it was anything serious it would seriously hurt or have a puss - so you are safe, buddy - trust me !!!
You are doing GREAT all over - regarding how much you were afraid - look how far you already came NP : )))) ! YOU are just 5 days post-op HEY !!!!!; )))
If you need Valium, take Valium LOL - but seriously - after alllll you have been through - there is NOTHING that can hurt more or that you can not overcome !!!!! Just relax :) ! All is over now and you will heal in couple of weeks - it is around the corner - really ; ))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 10 May 2010, 01:30

Nighty night than NP : ))) !!!!
Want to see you "chilled" tomorrow , K ??? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 May 2010, 01:32

Ok actually based on pictures and some reading I did just now about bumps located on the side of the anal opening that are hard and firm, this sounds most similar to a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. But I thought thrombosed hemorrhoids would hurt, and this definitely doesn't hurt...
Ugh ok, time to pop some nice happy Valium and hit the sack, thanks for everything and good night Fiss!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 10 May 2010, 01:36

Good advice, Fiss! NG, hopefully, you will soon feel comfortable using the mirror! Try not to worry! Whatever it is, the doc can probably fix it (or it will go away)! And would it possibly speed up your healing to not sit so much????????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 May 2010, 01:42

Whoa Cheryl didn't expect to see you around these parts at these times :)
Yeah I'm definitely comfortable using the mirror, just not comfortable with what I'm seeing in it or feeling with my hands Image From my few minutes of playing "Google Doctor" here, I'd say this "hard/firm bump near the anal verge" is an external hemorrhoid of some sort :( If that's what it is, or basically whatever it is, I just hope it goes away without further surgery. If I have to wait that's fine, but if I have to get more surgery then I'm really going to get on the Valium train and ride it until the last stop lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 May 2010, 01:56

Sorry didn't see your addendum Cheryl, unfortunately I don't have much choice about the sitting, it's either that or standing, both are uncomfortable in their own ways. I was going to take 2 weeks totally off from work, but need to save some vacation time in case my kid goes in for more surgery (he's 80% sure on getting something called a g-tube in 2 weeks), so instead I compromised and worked from home, meaning I have to be on my laptop all day. Sitting actually feels tolerable today which is a plus :)
I'd set three goals for myself this year: #1 fix the fissure problem once and for all or at least take my best shot at it, #2 figure out the source of my chronic chest pain, and #3 kick the Valium habit, and I kind of thought I was perfectly on track for achieving #1 until I discovered el bumpero AKA Mr. Party Pooper as I shall name him! Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 10 May 2010, 02:00

Maybe all of the anxiety and stress from various things (including family matters) is not helping your butt healing. There is an emotional side to all of this, I think! Could you try an A/D for awhile to help you deal with everything that life seems to be throwing your way? I had a weird dream that woke me up, and I'm in here due to the snoring and then had to use the toilet!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 May 2010, 02:17

Yeah it's definitely not helping. I've actually tried a number of antidepressants already in the past, several different SSRIs and also a couple of tricyclics (mostly for my OCD thing that I told you about before). So yeah I was kind of a messed up dude even when things were going perfectly fine for me lol. Problem is I don't tolerate antidepressants well, I mean physically they don't do much to me (maybe some mild constipation) but mentally they take me to weird places. I have major emotional voids and uuuummm let's just say not-so-great thoughts on them. I decided that the risk wasn't worth the benefits and gave up on them years ago. Since then I've found good ways to manage both OCD and anxiety on my own, but that kind of got derailed a bit when so many little things happened all around the same time.
Hope you have a good night and get some sleep :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sidra1968 » 10 May 2010, 06:37

Relax NG, that bump is normal. Heck, I still have a little one..it was just like yours is described..then as you know got infected, but now finally after 8 months is almost gone. Believe me, you'll know if it gets infected! You'll know. And even if it does, antibiotics are there to ther rescue. Calm down, young man. My bump still gets irritated after a bad bm day..I just put on vaseline or any cream for skin irritations and wala, it's gone quite quickly!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12