Just had surgery

OMG, i need help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just had surgery

Postby shaq » 26 Feb 2015, 14:54

Good morning folks. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. covered in a cold sweat and with a very sore butt. I thought I had to have a BM and pushed a bit, but only got a painful gas release. I then took a 600 mg. ibuprofen(around 6:30) and paced holding an ice pack on my butt. Finally, at 7 a.m. I took two oxy tablets and at precisely 6:47 the pain was almost gone, not totally, but almost. It is now almost 1 p.m., no BM urge, but I am sure that will come later and no pain, but I suspect that will be coming again too.

I wish that the rest of the day will be uneventful, but the anxiety is always there now.

I hope all my new friends have a great day.

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby shaq » 26 Feb 2015, 15:34

This is interesting, I posted on here a few hours ago and my post is not here! Does that just happen sometimes?

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Postby shaq » 26 Feb 2015, 15:35

my fault, now it is there. Not sure why.

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Postby shaq » 27 Feb 2015, 03:31

Hi all. This afternoon I thought I had gas, in case sat on the toilet and out popped a BM....painlessly (I can't believe I am actually typing this). About 10 minutes later the pain kicked in and I took 2 t-4 which took care of that. I have not really been in any sever pain since about 5 pm today(Thursday). I hope that this is a sign and tomorrow's BM will be painless as well and hopefully more like normal.

Thank you again to everyone for helping me get through this and with my anxiety over the whole thing. You guys are great. I hope my story helps the next person who has this surgery.

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 27 Feb 2015, 12:21

So glad to hear things are improving Mike! May the painless BMs continue :fireworks: :stars:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby shaq » 27 Feb 2015, 12:29

Hi msimon and everyone,

Had a much larger, soft and pretty much painless BM at 8 am this morning. Pain came immediately after and it is pretty severe, I really am not clear on why I am still getting pain, but so happy that all is coming out in the end(lol). I am still taking Metamucil and clearlax every day and I suspect I should keep that up for a while.

I hope everyone has a good day!!

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 27 Feb 2015, 14:12

I really think this is within normal at this stage and should improve a little bit each day :)
msimon

Postby owmybum » 27 Feb 2015, 15:06

Yes, perfectly normal, as you are still healing the actual fissure at this stage.... Plus you will be bruised and swollen from surgery too.
Early days..... But promising signs from earlier!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby shaq » 01 Mar 2015, 18:29

Hi all,

Well, until today, have had soft BM's followed by pain. Yesterday, unfortunately, I ended up having 5 separate BM's and that was a bit much, so did not take the Clear-lax last night and no BM yet today, but also no butt pain today either. Ironically, last night I stood up wrong and my Sciatica kicked in (like being hit in the back with a sledgehammer), so not pain free today. For anyone who has had the surgery and is reading this, I am obviously getting better, it is just taking some time. At 60 years old, I just don't heal as fast as I did in my 30's.

I took my Metamucil today and will take the clearlax again tomorrow and hope all will be well again.

A question for you veterans out there, I have not been eating nearly as much as i used to, since the surgery and have been very careful with what I eat. My wife wants Japanese for lunch tomorrow because we have to go run some errands. Any thoughts about whether that is a good or bad idea (white rice, etc)?

Have a great Sunday!!

Mike
shaq
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 01 Mar 2015, 18:58

Hi Mike. I am so glad to hear you are doing better. Healing from this surgery can be a rollercoaster and the wise folk on here say to measure your progress in weeks, rather than days. Things can be really tricky in the beginning especially as the bowels can be affected by the general anesthetic, and then the pain meds. As for what to eat, I ate less in the beginning too but then started to lose more weight, which I really needed to keep so I started eating more calorie dense foods like nut butters. I, personally avoid anything but whole grains, and eat wild rice, not white, but that is just me. I have trouble with peristalsis. Everyone is different but for me if I want to eat something that I would consider binding, like cake or other white-four sweet treats, I just eat more roughage along with it and take a little more stool softener or magnesium. I have been very careful not eat anything spicy since the start of this fissure business so I personally wouldn't get anything too spicy. Hope things continue to improve for you.
msimon