LIS - Recovering (3 )

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS - Recovering (Day2)

Postby Fellk » 12 Jul 2014, 10:34

JHH wrote:Hey Strato

So you finally had LIS. That's great, and I hope you will recover fast.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

J

I'm hoping my experience may help someone out at some point :)

So we are on day..4 since surgery. I find things really tighten up overnight and I wake up in a fair bit of pain. Once I get moving around things seem to calm down. Had a really early bm today and no blood again. Hopefully its a trend! Little bit of blood spotting. Some blood streaking in my undies (can you say underwear shopping in a few month!?)

BM had some pain but its a prickly sting. Totally blaming the stitches for it and the scratchy sensation. Wonder how long it takes those stitches to disolve.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fellk » 12 Jul 2014, 21:50

Fair bit of blood tonight when I went to clean. Been painfree most of the day atleast. Not sure what happened. gas maybe.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 13 Jul 2014, 08:05

lots of blood over the last 16 hours or so. Started mid to late last night. Either gas or I was laying funny while playing videogames. I've got some gauze stuffed up there and taped. BM went fine. Bit of blood but nothing crazy. Hopefully the gauze will stop the bleeding. I really shoulda been using it all along. the nurse even said 'we arent allowed to give this out but you'll need it'.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 14 Jul 2014, 11:13

Today has been great. Woke up without that tightness pain I normally get. Normally I'm in a fair bit of pain most of the morning. I'd suggest gauze and butthole tape to anyone lol. I find it's keeping some soft pressure on the wound which prevents my butthole from extending out much when ive got gas so there is 0 pain. The tape is also keeping my cheeks from spreading much and a gentle reminder if I try to bend at all or shift in the wrong way.

Beyond that no bm today so far which could b good. Went twice yesterday. I'm doing fine at work. Still walking slowly to favour it and taking my time with stuff. If I've not used the washroom I'll swap the gauze and tape out tonight. Hopefully not much blood in it. Last night I'd say It'd absorbed a few MLs, not too much for 12 hours. I'd seen the gauze be worse.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 14 Jul 2014, 21:15

Today has gone great. Very little blood on gauze tonight. I've been getting a bit of brown drainage.. don't think its feces as it smells way worse (if thats possible). Less of that too anyway. Nothing else to report, tomorrow is a week!
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Roidsfizzman » 14 Jul 2014, 21:40

Hi Fellk,

If the brown leakage has a foul smell, it could be pus. You should take your temperature to check for a low grade fever as you could have an infection. Typically if you have an infection, there is also a lot of pain. If you do have some pus drainage, it is better to it drain than create an abscess under the skin. I had the same thing but the color of my pus was yellow. As always if you have any concerns, call your doctor.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Fellk » 15 Jul 2014, 08:01

Roidsfizzman wrote:Hi Fellk,

If the brown leakage has a foul smell, it could be pus. You should take your temperature to check for a low grade fever as you could have an infection. Typically if you have an infection, there is also a lot of pain. If you do have some pus drainage, it is better to it drain than create an abscess under the skin. I had the same thing but the color of my pus was yellow. As always if you have any concerns, call your doctor.

Just took some pictures so I could see whats going on down there. Can clearly see the cut and it's a bit red around it but beyond that it looks really good and calm. After bm last night its been bleeding a bit so going to try and take it easy. I think I might've pushed a bit when I need to let it happen on its own. That being said its the closest to a normal BM I've had since surgery.

Hello one week!
Fellk
Salt Bather

Re: LIS - Recovering (Day7)

Postby Fellk » 16 Jul 2014, 07:11

Nothing really to report yesterday. I've almost no pain just in sitting around and have been at the office all week now. Not on any medication now outside of Miralax. Taking a full cap full (bit more then a full dose) and it's been keeping things consistent and super soft. I don't like taking this much but I will be until I see my CRS at my 6 week followup.

BM was fine. Still bleeding from the incision site but its not much. Have gauze and tape still to catch it. Any drainage/leakage is lessening day by day. Every BM feels more 'normal'. After surgery its this odd mix of really dry, hot pain and really numb as I couldn't feel the muscle for awhile.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 17 Jul 2014, 09:11

Lets see.. Day 9.

Havn't used the washroom since yesterday morning which is great, full 24H of healing. Still some blood in the gauze when I swap it (try for twice a day, depends on washroom habits). No real pain. Starting to walk more normally thanks to that (tad bit of a limp so i dont favor the pain).
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 17 Jul 2014, 11:11

Comfortable BM... closest to normal I've had. Not much blood at all on the gauze I'd had up there for the last 19 hours! Smidgen of blood on the TP as I cleaned but not much at all.
Fellk
Salt Bather