LIS in a week

Late forties male, AF of 1 year

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS in a week

Postby Mr Fissure » 27 Apr 2017, 16:56

Seems you were right guys...much better day for the AF today.

Able to sit for a little longer tonight (forced into it as the adductor was aching! lol), though still felt the pulling sensation when I went out for a little walk, so kept it very short again.

Trying to get through today without any setbacks (aided by rectogesic and heat) and hopefully build on it tomorrow!

Thanks again to both of you for the much needed words of support yesterday. I was feeling pretty low, but it helped me regather my thoughts and view things more positively again.

Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mr Fissure » 28 Apr 2017, 16:53

Can't believe it's 2 weeks since my LIS, but it's been a good day, probably my best since the op. :D

Walked for 10 mins today today, without any of the usual pulling sensation in the bum, and managed to sit tonight for 20 mins in a comfy chair, without being in agony lol!

Just got to continue rehabbing my adductor too, so that I can hopefully really start to make progress.

Should add for anyone reading and worried about incontinence, apart from a bit of wind trouble in the first few days, I've had no soiling whatsoever.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Apr 2017, 19:07

AWESOME! Having a celebratory glass of miralax for you!!

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mr Fissure » 29 Apr 2017, 16:42

Ha Ha! Thanks GG! Here's hoping that Miralex helps get your BM's under control !

Managed to walk a little further again today, a new post LIS record of about 18 mins. :D Bum started to pull a bit in last 5 mins and's aching now, but not too concerned. Think I need to try and gradually work/test both my AF and adductor now with a little more activity each day...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby AJStyles » 29 Apr 2017, 17:00

Hi mr fissure when did you get lis
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Mr Fissure » 02 May 2017, 16:49

Hi AJS, been having problems posting from my iPad the last couple of nights for some reason, but my LIS was 14th April.

Been an up and down few days. Taking the morning dog walk straight after a BM on Sunday was a big mistake. Came back feeling like my ass was on fire! But rectogesic, heat and ice got it under control after a few hours.

However, when I went to bed, found the burn started to come on again when I tried to lie on my side (recovery position, with one knee bent), which I'd also never noticed before. Not sure if this was the incision site rather than the Fissure...?

Today, much better though, and on this evening's walk, the bigger problem was tightness high up in my groin on the side of my adductor injury. Pretty sure I'm going to need some pelvic floor physiotherapy when I finally get rid of this Fissure to fully sort me out, the words from my CRS that 'your whole pelvic region's a bit of a mess' continue to ring in my ears! lol
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 04 May 2017, 16:57

A decent couple of days, as I approach the 3 week mark.

The adductor has improved, which has allowed me to walk a little further, and managed a half hour gentle stroll tonight with the dog.

BM's have been less explosive and stinging has lasted barely 10 mins afterwards.

On the downside, I'm still very tender and having to stand for most of the day as sitting in most chairs for more than about 15 mins causes quite a bit of pain. I really long for the day when I can just sit down to work again....
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby AJStyles » 04 May 2017, 17:03

So 10 minutes after BM you have no pain at all or just very little pain?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 May 2017, 04:11

Oh Mr F I'm so glad you seem to be doing really well. To be honest I didn't even try to sit upright for about a month. I just tipped over on my hip but I do normally sit that way so might not be comfortable for most people.
It's great your getting out every day for a walk and managing to go further.
Keep in mind it's only 3 weeks and you may have internal bruising from the op that still needs to go down.
Good luck for a continued smooth recovery
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mr Fissure » 05 May 2017, 16:38

Thank you very much , mpb!

Well on my 3 week anniversary had a surprise visit today from a friend, and ended up sitting for an hour and a half on the settee chatting! Was a good test for it! :D Funnily enough, I did just watch you said, shuffling from one cheek to the other, and it worked! She must've thought it a bit odd though, as she thinks I went in for a back op ! Lol! Thankfully she didn't ask for any specifics on the op.

I then also drove her back to her's. Only 10 mins, but the first drive since my op too! On top of that managed another half hour walk with the dog too, so my most testing day by far! Amazingly, feel ok ATM, though a little achey and tired now...

Hope you are continuing to enjoy life, post AF! 8)
Take care,
Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist