LIS No. 2

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS No. 2

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Aug 2008, 16:07

Well doesn't that sound just like Jen!!!
That's terrific that we could all be there with you during that emotional time, because we all were, anyway!! Just been waiting to hear from you! And I have been know to put folks to sleep!! LOL!
Your stinging will get better each day, resign yourself to it as I am sure you have, and it won't be such a letdown.
Here's to the second time being the charm! (Wine glass goes up in toast!)
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 30 Aug 2008, 16:13

Fissy Image -
You are very cute! I like your little story! You know we were all there with you in spirit! I am sorry your in pain, but it will get better with time.
Just wanted to let you know that I was constantly thinking and praying for you yesterday. :truebud:
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Aug 2008, 16:19

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawe Buddies Image LOVE YOU SO MUCH _ I WISH I COULD "SMOOSH" YOU RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!
CHEERS KIM Image buddy !!!!! Yes , let this be the last time !!!!
Jen - Thank you buddy for prayers Image , I just KNOW they helped a lot Image !!! I hope you feel well today !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 30 Aug 2008, 18:27

Hey Fissy-
I know you had so much work down there but here's a toast to no more skin tags. Death to the skin tags! Image

I am glad you got the first bm out of the way and the medicine isn't constipating. Is it helping or just taking the edge off.

What a wonderful story about your stay. You know we were all thinking about you yesterday.

Postby cherylk » 30 Aug 2008, 19:13

Fiss,
Be glad you can take pain pills w/o constipation issues. Just go into dreamily land like I used to do when I took a med for cramps--made me feel like I was floating on the ceiling.
Take care,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Aug 2008, 21:15

Hey Lecia and Cheryl girls Image !!! So nice to hear from two of you Image :tigger: !!!
Yes, pills take the edge off - and I really need it this time around ! Image Just had my second BM - was pretty uncomfortable Image since it was big due to Metamucil Image and I am very swollen down there with all those chop-chops :cat02: it could hardly pass Image. My period is crazy heavy also - so yeah - it was "fun day" today Image. There is also now some white discharge from my 12 o'clock tag incision - the place is little bump (pea size) and oozes that white thing in small amount - I never had anything like that before so am now wondering Image - could it be the beginning of infection or something ? The skin there is nice normal color- not bluish or red at all - just swollen and has that discharge. Image It is not painful if I touch it gently ...What do you think buddies - should I be alarmed :roll: ???!!! Otherwise, I am doing OK - taking it easy and have naps and stuff. Those pills help with it LOL - and I do not mind Image - time flies faster that way !!!
Hope to hear from you soon again !!! :sprinkleheart: Image :sprinkleheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jo » 30 Aug 2008, 21:17

Fiss,
Your story is so sweet and creative. You are so good at writing!
Glad you are done with surgery and well on your way to healing. Hope you continue on the healing path. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
:truebud:
Keep up with the nice soaks and darvocet (yeah for pain relievers!!) Wishing you a speedy recovery and no pain!!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 30 Aug 2008, 21:18

Fiss,
I don't know about discharge. Do you think the Metamucil made you have a larger, bulkier stool? Probably not what you need at this time, right????
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 30 Aug 2008, 21:47

Fiss -
Does the discharge look like pus??? It more than likely is absolutely nothing, but I would go ahead and give your doctor a call. In the extreamly rare occassion it is an infection, you are catching it really early on and just a simple round of flagyl should kill it.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Aug 2008, 21:51

It does look like a puss : (. Maybe I should give him a call ! If it is there in the morning I will ring him up !
Thanks buddy :truebud: - I am just flabbergasted that infection can develop so fast , but again - all is possible with with our crazy butts !!!
I hope you are doing well dear Jen Image
Thanks JO and Cheryl Image Image Image - yes , Metamucil is the culprit dear Cheryl, maybe I should skip it for a while. Jo, thanks for comfort and love Image
Fissulyna
VIP