LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Postby Guest » 15 Dec 2010, 19:09

I'm late but just wanted to say good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I lived and hour away from the surgery center and just laid in the back seat too.
They gave me a vicodin for the ride home and my butt was numb for a pretty long time after.

Postby scaredy_butt » 16 Dec 2010, 00:45

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow (it's still Wednesday here). Wishing you a speedy recovery! Let us know how things went when you feel up to it!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Dec 2010, 01:32

William, just wanted to wish you well tomorrow also. Be sure to come back and let us know how it went, or at least post something funny while you're on painkillers ok :) In all seriousness, hope everything goes smoothly and congrats on banishing your fissure very very soon!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Dec 2010, 23:04

William, hope things went well today!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby William » 17 Dec 2010, 07:42

Hello, everyone!
Well, that was an experience. I woke up in the middle of the procedure and got to feel some pain during, but it wasn't too bad. Afterward, my doc said the fissure was significantly bigger than she thought and that I'd definitely made the right decision, as there was no way that it was going to heal without surgery. I started feeling pain immediately after the surgery, so they gave me some percocet right then.
The hour-and-a-half drive home was a bit uncomfortable, but seemed to go pretty fast because of the drugs. The pain wasn't too bad, so when I got home I just took advil. That was a mistake, as the pain started getting really intense really quick. I also apparently had a low blood pressure reaction to (probably) the percocet. A few minutes after I got up to use the restroom, I suddenly got really nauseous and broke out in a flop sweat. But I got better after a few more minutes. However, because of the pain, I decided to return to the percocet and just stay lying down until about 11pm. After that, the pain decreased significantly and I was able to sleep without medication. FYI: the surgery was at about 1pm.
I haven't had my first BM yet. I didn't eat much yesterday, so I expect to be late. But I really hope that I can go today.
Thanks for thinking of me! Image
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby StevePain » 17 Dec 2010, 08:49

Hey william, it sucks that you woke up during the surgery, but it's also great news that you've gone through it, don't worry too much about the first BM and don't force the issue, when the time is right just let it happen, everything will be fine, it's obvious that you will experience pain for a while yet but it will be different from the original fissure pain.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby William » 17 Dec 2010, 20:41

Well, no BM yet. Hopefully first thing tomorrow. But the gauze already fell out.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 17 Dec 2010, 20:53

glad to hear things are going well and you found the gauze! :D Mine is still MIA - never did see it.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby happyass » 17 Dec 2010, 23:51

excellent william.
i hope i will have no BMs for a couple of days post-op...we'll see......
i am glad you are doing well and still with us on the board.
as i mentioned to mrfissure, i am rooting for you guys and hoping that the worst is now over and that the only way is up from here on forward!
have a good night's rest. you deserve it.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby William » 18 Dec 2010, 07:35

I need to "go" relatively soon, or I'll have to start taking the stimulant laxatives which I don't really want to do. I'm a bit scared of the pain, though, because just coughing is pretty unpleasant. Even passing gas is a bit painful. And people on this forum have mentioned having huge first BMs after LIS. I'm really concerned that the percocet will have made it hard, even though I haven't used much.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist