Maybe this can help you too...

debridement/exfoliation/ozonated salve/probiotics

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Maybe this can help you too...

Postby Alyssa » 12 Aug 2014, 01:04

Lee,

I'm feeling a little blue :( I continue to be in pain despite being healed. Now I have to deal with the pelvic floor issues which is another task in itself. I still can't believe a fissure has caused all this!
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby LeeMS » 12 Aug 2014, 09:36

Alyssa,

Sorry to hear that. I guess that I don't understand the pelvic floor problem and how it developed from a tear.

If the tear is healed, I wonder why in the world you have pain now? I'm not healed and I have pain, but I understand that.

Now, I'm using 100% virgin coconut oil applied directly as often as necessary and using the ozonated olive oil during the night when I usually wake up. I'm also taking coconut oil supplements and zinc as well. I also try the epsom salt bath, but don't see any benefit that I'm aware of.

My pain level varies. I was up around 8 or 9 fairly often, but it has been better. In the morning, I'm usually at a 5 or 6 until reapplying the coconut oil and put my feet up, then it can be 1 to 3 or so and later in the day, a 0 or a 1, maybe a 2. Not great, but it is better than what I was going through (read: horrific). I don't know if I'm healing though or just making it feel better.

There has to be something for you -- if you are healed, then there should be something causing the pain. Do you know what that is exactly? There must be a solution.

Hope you feel better.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 12 Aug 2014, 11:38

The doctor thinks its myofascial pain... Muscles are tight since I had the fissure and they don't relax.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 12 Aug 2014, 13:33

Alyssa,

I didn't know what that was and looked it up on Web MD.

Has anything worked: hot baths, massage (hey, what the heck), ibuprofen, etc.? Do you have it all of the time and if not, what is it that you can do to make it better?

I've contacted our doctor where I work about it and he thinks that maybe I'm a candidate for disability and that way, I can heal. I have an appointment with my PCP today to see if: 1) Is there any improvement? 2) Should I be on disability?

I plan to retire on December 1st and maybe retrirement is the answer, but I want to make sure I'm not doing myself a disservice by not looking at the bigger picture right now. Who knows?

Are you managing a career through all of this?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 12 Aug 2014, 15:24

Hot baths, massage, and pain killers help with pain but do not eliminate the pain.. I have the pain all the time, burning pain increases when I sit for long periods of time, walking makes it better.

I really don't know if someone can be on disability but it does not hurt to ask, right? There are times that I don't want to go to work and I have to force myself... I'm still going to be in pain not matter where I'm at. I also have two kids that I have to take care of (5 year old, 6 month old). My pain is mostly at a 3/4 scale but when I am having a BM its a 5/6. I have thought many times about quitting my job until I fix this problem but it might be a long process; working sometimes distracts me from the pain.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 12 Aug 2014, 17:12

I just added a rather lengthy reply - after logging in - and it was lost. Nuts. I should know to always copy, just in case of this happening.

I returned from seeing my PCP and he thinks that I'm possibly the same as 5-6 weeks ago or slightly better. We've ruled out the surgeon and he is sending me to a gastroenterologist for another opinion.

In the meantime, he prescribed Calmoseptine, menthol zinc-oxide for pain and healing and Mupirocin for any infection. The Mupirocin is $86.00 co-pay for ointment and $3.00 for cream, so he is checking with my physician first. The Calmoseptine was a $6.23 co-pay.

I've just tried the Calmoseptine and it feels cool and soothing - really good, in fact. It is menthol 0.44% and zinc oxide 20.625%.

Now you don't need the healing maybe, but you certainly have the pain, so I wonder if it's worth a try for you? Hell, can it hurt? I suggest that you ask your doctor about trying it and see if it doesn't help you.

Good luck and let me know.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 12 Aug 2014, 19:24

I have used calmoseptine and other diaper rash products that contain zinc oxide... I have ever used mupirocin...I've asked about pain medications and all they say is used Tylenol, Motrin etc.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 12 Aug 2014, 21:36

There's an answer - you just haven't found it yet, but there is one.

I work on technical projects where I have to troubleshoot operational problems. I've learned to first cut the problem in half: is it power or a control problem? Then I narrow it down to a function: Is it unwilling to do what it needs to or unable to do it?

You already have the first part: The fissure is healed - the problem is cut in half. Now for the pain portion: Is your body unwilling or unable? Find the answer to that and you're getting somewhere.

I'm not as close as you are - I am not healed and I have the pain. Nothing will change until I resolve item #1.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 13 Aug 2014, 00:23

You're so optimistic, me not so much... could you imagine suffering from pain but yet several doctors basically tell you there is nothing wrong? It takes a toll on you, I'm exhausted of trying to find what is wrong with me! I do have a plan of action at this point which is great but the limited options I have are worrisome (botox).
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 13 Aug 2014, 09:21

Alyssa,

Optimistic or foolish - I haven't made that distinction.

Maybe you need a different doctor? My family physician is sending me to a gastroenterologist and avoid seeing the surgeon again. Not sure what will come of that, but at least it shouldn't be another suggestion for surgery.

I don't care much for the Botox option because it has mainly temporary results from what I've found. I'm not looking for temporary.

There must be something that can be done for you for the pain. There has to be. I imagine you hunted for something that mentions fissure healing, but pain persists. This had to happen to someone else and maybe they had success. I'll look around and see what I find.

Hang in there and take care.
LeeMS
Salt Bather