My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby 44alegna44 » 17 Mar 2012, 19:49

Davo, I am sitting in my sitz tub for my evening soak with my iPad in tow and just got through your 1st bm post...seriously I am crying from laughing soooo hard....that was hilarious!!! It also brings back such vivid almost mirror image memories of my anticipation for that very dreaded bm post-op...it's great to hear how well you did, that's a hurdle we're all so relieved to get over...my hat's off to u! Look forward to your updates..best wishes, angel :)
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby lindwe » 18 Mar 2012, 06:04

Well done Davo. I've had my first BM too. I will update later.
lindwe
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 18 Mar 2012, 12:54

Hey Davo,
You have a way with words! :D
love the bit about praying for forgiveness for every sin.
fantastic to hear you are doing so well!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Davo » 19 Mar 2012, 05:10

POST LIS – DAY #4 (Sunday)
So it seems like my BM’s have returned back to normal, I have returned to being regular each morning again straight after breakfast. Again I had no pain however there were a few spots of blood in the toilet which seem to be coming from the incision site. I still have a few small spots of pinkish staining on the cotton wool gauze that I stuff down the back of my underwear each day too. I am beginning to think that I am maybe using too much packing as the bulging through the rear of my trousers may look like I have had an accident to a complete stranger!
Just for the record I no longer take pain killers, I took one on the evening of the operation and two the following day (in anticipation of a BM). I don’t actually think I needed any of them to be honest… can I sell prescription drugs on ebay??? In fact no don’t answer that question….
So I have spent the majority of the day in bed…. Ahhh no pain and feeling all relaxed!! I have a split level apartment and the spare bedroom I am using is directly below the kitchen. My girlfriend was upstairs in the kitchen where she belongs (I was joking, I WAS JOKING!!!) and low and behold the washing machine develops a nasty leak…. So there I am lying in bed and all of a sudden water starts pouring from the light fitting and gives me a shower in bed…….. Typical !!!!!
So anyway apart from a leaking washing machine it has been another good day today, I still have a little bit of gas but it is rapidly improving day by day and I think overdosing on fibre probably isn’t helping things at the moment. (ohh and a bit of translation for you guys over the Atlantic… fibre = fiber)
So my pain score at worst today has been a 1 out of 10 however the majority of the time I have been pain free.
I have been laid up in this apartment for 4 days now so I have decided to go walking around London tomorrow and to be honest I can’t wait!
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby jax » 19 Mar 2012, 09:46

Davo, I appreciate you taking your time to document your experience. I hope you continue to do as well as you are now.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Davo » 19 Mar 2012, 10:31

A huge thank you to everyone for your kind messages, emails and words of support.
I am really looking forward to the day I can congratulate each one of you on your successful healing.
Davo
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Mar 2012, 11:12

Davo wrote:A huge thank you to everyone for your kind messages, emails and words of support.
I am really looking forward to the day I can congratulate each one of you on your successful healing.
Davo

So glad you're on the other side and are doing well, Davo! Keep us posted, as to your continued progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby lindwe » 19 Mar 2012, 12:54

Davo
I hope tomorrow goes well and you enjoy being out and about. I got as far as the garden today, hanging out washing, and was surprised at how tired I felt. Little steps I suppose little steps.
lindwe
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Davo » 19 Mar 2012, 15:47

POST LIS – DAY #5 (Monday)
**DEATH BY GAMMON**
Well my girlfriend returned to work today so I was no longer able to put on my convincing 'In pain' face and get served cups of tea whenever i fancied.... baaahhhh!
So i decided to get off my fat lazy butt and go walking to get a bit of fresh air and some exercise. I made the stupid mistake of mentioning this to my girlfriend and got the typical response of, "Great you can go and pick up our new bedding from Knightsbridge, I need something returning to GAP on Oxford Street, you can pick me up some moisturiser from Selfridges and we need bread and milk" DOES SHE NOT REALISE I HAVE JUST HAD SURGERY? Anyway there is no way i am being her slave so i decided to put up a fight and refused point blank to do it.
So five minutes later i set off on my journey to Knightsbridge, GAP on Oxford Street, Selfridges and the supermarket..... sigh!
At first it felt a little bit weird walking, kind of like a small ball bearing was up my butt but certainly not painful. After a few minutes the sensation calmed down and everything felt ok however i was always very careful with my walking and I kept everything at a slow pace. The main thing that i did notice was now i was moving about i was a lot more windy - now what i will say is every bit of wind i have had since surgery has been silent and today is no different to that.
So I spent a few hours walking around London and the shops today being self propelled by the jetstream coming from my butt. :D
The discomfort today was probably even less than a 1 out of 10 - i would probably say it moved up and down from a zero to 0.5. As per usual the BM was pain free but i am still experiencing a few traces of blood in the toilet. Also every time i go to the bathroom i change the pad in my underwear - Each time i do this i notice some very slight pink soiling that could be a mixture of liquid stool and blood. I read that this is perfectly normal and i think RAS had mentioned a similar thing recently (Was it you RAS?)
So whilst browsing the aisles in the supermarket i was planning all the feasts that i may get to try again in a few weeks..... Fillet Steak, Pizza, Red Wine and a family sized hamper. Then i noticed a gammon steak with mango salsa.... ohhh i had to have it and whilst i am at it give me one of them raspberry and white chocolate cheesecakes (Well it would be rude not to)
So five days out of surgery and i crumble to gammon steak and cheesecake.... What an idiot!!! Anyway I think i may be the first person to die from eating Gammon - Look out in your daily newspaper tomorrow for the Headline "Death by Gammon" - The picture of the man pooping gammon steak will be me..... eeuuuuurrggghhh!
Wish me luck with the BM!!!!
Davo
Last edited by Davo on 19 Mar 2012, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Mar 2012, 16:05

Davo wrote:POST LIS – DAY #5 (Monday)
**DEATH BY GAMMON**
Well my girlfriend returned to work today so I was no longer able to put on my convincing 'In pain' face and get served cups of tea whenever i fancied.... baaahhhh!
So i decided to get off my fat lazy butt and go walking to get a bit of fresh air and some exercise. I made the stupid mistake of mentioning this to my girlfriend and got the typical response of, "Great you can go and pick up our new bedding from Knightsbridge, I need something returning to GAP on Oxford Street, you can pick me up some moisturiser from Selfridges and we need bread and milk" DOES SHE NOT REALISE I HAVE JUST HAD SURGERY? Anyway there is no way i am being her slave so i decided to put up a fight and refused point blank to do it.
So five minutes later i set off on my journey to Knightsbridge, GAP on Oxford Street, Selfridges and the supermarket..... sigh!
At first it felt a little bit weird walking, kind of like a small ball bearing was up my butt but certainly not painful. After a few minutes the sensation calmed down and everything felt ok however i was always very careful with my walking and I kept everything at a slow pace. The main thing that i did notice was now i was moving about i was a lot more windy - now what i will say is every bit of wind i have had since surgery has been silent and today is no different to that.
So I spent a few hours walking around London and the shops today being self propelled by the jetstream coming from my butt. :D
The discomfort today was probably even less than a 1 out of 10 - i would probably say it moved up and down from a zero to 0.5. As per usual the BM was pain free but i am still experiencing a few traces of blood in the toilet. Also every time i go to the bathroom i change the pad in my underwear - Each time i do this i notice some very slight pink soiling that could be a mixture of liquid stool and blood. I read that this is perfectly normal and i think RAS had mentioned a similar thing recently (Was it you RAS?)
So whilst browsing the aisles in the supermarket i was planning all the feasts that i may get to try again in a few weeks..... Fillet Steak, Pizza, Red Wine and a family sized hamper. Then i noticed a gammon steak with mango salsa.... ohhh i had to have it and whilst i am at it give me one of them raspberry and white chocolate cheesecakes (Well it would be rude not too)
So five days out of surgery and i crumble to gammon steak and cheesecake.... What an idiot!!! Anyway I think i may be the first person to die from eat Gammon - Look out in your daily newspaper tomorrow for the Headline "Death by Gammon" - The picture of the man pooping gammon steak will be me..... eeuuuuurrggghhh!
Wish me luck with the BM!!!!
Davo

That was great, Davo! - such a funny post . . . but I'm NOT laughing at you, just laughing WITH you.
At least you got out and walked. I give you kudos for that. I'm still taking it easy, doing as little as possible while trying to heal my backside. I counted the days today since my surgery, and I'm on Post-op Day #48, thereabouts. That's not that long, IMO - so, I don't feel a bit guilty resting my backside, as much as possible.
Yum at those foods you saw! Last night I had some pizza, the first I've had since before my surgery - and it was soooo yummy! - deep dish pizza, with melted cheese. Soooo good. --- Because I'm back on the Miralax and softeners, I don't worry too much about what I'm eating, although I am trying to keep my diet as clean and healthy, as possible. I like that I've lost a little weight, and I want to keep that weight off.
Don't stress too much about the bleeding you see. It will stop, given enough time. I fully believe it does take a year for the anal area to completely heal. Wasn't that information part of what you posted here? I think so. Yes, a full year does not sound unreasonable.
Glad you're healing! Keep resting, though. Surgery is surgery, no matter what kind. --- Keep us posted. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11