My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS Diary - March 2012 & fully healed in 4 weeks

Postby notmuchfunanymore » 24 Mar 2012, 19:19

No, I've only been on Diltiazem, and was almost healed by prune juice until I re-opened and now I've got two. They're proving much much harder to heal than the first time round. I feel like I'm going backwards more often than forwards. My doctor wants me to try botox next, but I don't have medical coverage for it. I want to try to heal without it, since I was well on my way only a month ago!
If nothing is working out for me over the next month or two, I will definitely be ready to try surgery.
Ps. I can't believe you ate a steak AND cheesecake!
I re-opened the day after I "treated myself" to two pancakes, a sausage and a handful of hashbrowns! Image
I say a Hail Mary when I poo.
notmuchfunanymore
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Davo » 25 Mar 2012, 15:20

POST LIS – DAY #10 (Saturday)
**A quick summary**
Just a brief overview now i am at 10 days post surgery
FISSURE PAIN: None!! The last time i had any pain or feeling from my fissure was on the morning before my surgery, ever since i have not had any pain nor spasms. My CRS told me that with good hygiene and by taking things easy i could heal my fissure in 10-14 days. Well its now 10 days and i can't see the fissure no more and i dont have the symptoms no more - thats not to say i am healed but things are looking good so far.
POST LIS PAIN: Very little, my pain score (out of 10) has peaked at a 3, i had a slight soreness in the days following surgery but apart from that its just a slight discomfort. At the moment i have a very slight sensation which isn't even as bad as an itch, in fact i cant feel anything unless i think about it. It should also be noted that the discomfort is coming from the healing of the incision point rather than the fissure.
BLEEDING: Now i still have some very slight soiling on the gauze i apply each day but its little more than a pink watery mark about the size of a tear drop. There was hardly anything at first but the swelling seemed to protect the wound however now the swelling has reduced the incision point is a lot more visible and open, hence the continued soiling.
GAS INCONTINENCE: The first two days following surgery were certainly quite gassy however it was more controlled rather than incontinence - it was always completely silent and even a sudden movement did not create a noise.
LIQUID/STOOL INCONTINENCE: I certainly had no stool incontinence and its difficult to tell if i had any liquid stool. I guess it could be a mixture of liquid/blood but even then it is only very, very minor and nothing to worry about.
RETURNING TO WORK: I am returning to work 12 days post surgery. To be honest i could have returned sooner but i prefer to play things safe and spend lots of time staying clean and jumping in the bath. If you are scheduled to have LIS i would plan to take around two weeks off work.
FOOD/DRINK: I am still keeping things soft and staying away from alcohol. I have tried a few different foods without problems.
BM's: I have noticed a change in my BM's since surgery - When i do go to the bathroom i have noticed that things flow a lot easier, i certainly do not need to strain and things are over and done with in no time at all. Basically its what i have been wanting for a long time!
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Mar 2012, 16:11

Davo wrote:POST LIS – DAY #10 (Saturday)
**A quick summary**
Just a brief overview now i am at 10 days post surgery
FISSURE PAIN: None!! The last time i had any pain or feeling from my fissure was on the morning before my surgery, ever since i have not had any pain nor spasms. My CRS told me that with good hygiene and by taking things easy i could heal my fissure in 10-14 days. Well its now 10 days and i can't see the fissure no more and i dont have the symptoms no more - thats not to say i am healed but things are looking good so far.
POST LIS PAIN: Very little, my pain score (out of 10) has peaked at a 3, i had a slight soreness in the days following surgery but apart from that its just a slight discomfort. At the moment i have a very slight sensation which isn't even as bad as an itch, in fact i cant feel anything unless i think about it. It should also be noted that the discomfort is coming from the healing of the incision point rather than the fissure.
BLEEDING: Now i still have some very slight soiling on the gauze i apply each day but its little more than a pink watery mark about the size of a tear drop. There was hardly anything at first but the swelling seemed to protect the wound however now the swelling has reduced the incision point is a lot more visible and open, hence the continued soiling.
GAS INCONTINENCE: The first two days following surgery were certainly quite gassy however it was more controlled rather than incontinence - it was always completely silent and even a sudden movement did not create a noise.
LIQUID/STOOL INCONTINENCE: I certainly had no stool incontinence and its difficult to tell if i had any liquid stool. I guess it could be a mixture of liquid/blood but even then it is only very, very minor and nothing to worry about.
RETURNING TO WORK: I am returning to work 12 days post surgery. To be honest i could have returned sooner but i prefer to play things safe and spend lots of time staying clean and jumping in the bath. If you are scheduled to have LIS i would plan to take around two weeks off work.
FOOD/DRINK: I am still keeping things soft and staying away from alcohol. I have tried a few different foods without problems.
BM's: I have noticed a change in my BM's since surgery - When i do go to the bathroom i have noticed that things flow a lot easier, i certainly do not need to strain and things are over and done with in no time at all. Basically its what i have been wanting for a long time!
Davo

Yay, Davo! You're doing well. (Are you ready for that pizza, yet? lol)
It takes awhile for the area to gain its full strength - so, be sure to measure yourself and to rest, if possible.
I'm on the mend, too (I hope). My surgery was a bit more involved - and I did have that troublesome setback - but I think I'm starting to feel a bit better. Just takes time.
Please don't leave the forum permanently -- drop in and let us know how you're doing, even though I know you'll be busy. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 25 Mar 2012, 16:45

Great to hear Davo!
Sweet, Don't worry too much about the setback, you are doing really well!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Mar 2012, 16:50

workingonit wrote:Great to hear Davo!
Sweet, Don't worry too much about the setback, you are doing really well!
-Tanya

Hi, Tanya -
Howya doing, darlin'? I hope you're feeling okay, too.
My setback was caused from some constipation - hard bm - and resulting bleeding and soreness. I'm two weeks' past it now, but still sore. Trying to mend.
Thanks for the supportive words. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 25 Mar 2012, 16:57

It's seems like such a slow process no matter which way you go.
I had a setback too. Not sure why. I'll see my first CRS next week and the TCM clinic the week after. Hopefully between the two I can find a path to healing. Then there's the self dilation. Not fun, but if it will help...
I can't seem to decide on a topical that will help. I've tried them all now....
Ah well. Are you getting out walking Sweet? It was such a nice weekend here in BC. Finally warmed up and lots of sun. Lots of spring flowers. I miss the winter jasmine in California.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Mar 2012, 17:27

Tanya, I didn't know you lived in California . . . It's raining here today (I live in the Central Valley) - so, no, I'm not out walking. Actually, because of this soreness, I haven't started walking, just yet.
Yes, this is such a slow process. There have been times I've wondered if I'll ever get past this. If my soreness will just continue to subside, I might just heal. I was doing fairly well, until that killer bm.
I hope you get some answers at your appointment. FTR, my crs (who did my surgery) told me that there is no cream out there that will heal a chronic fissure.
That said, I'll pray for your healing (however that has to happen) and happiness. HUGS
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 25 Mar 2012, 17:45

Sweet,
I lived in the Bay area for 5 years. I guess I just love the west coast.
I don't expect a cream to heal me, but I do think they help. Same as walking helps. just getting the blood moving down there.
Have you tried taking advil for the soreness and any inflammation?
I'm finding taking one now and then is helpful for inflammation.... and soreness. I try not to take one everyday though.
Hope you feel better soon! Hugs back!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Mar 2012, 18:30

Hi, Tanya --
I like the Bay area - I really enjoy going up to the City, now and then (haven't been up there for awhile, for obvious reasons, lol).
Yes, I'm on Advil. That new crs I saw last Thursday (he's seeing me while my doc is overseas) prescribed Valium (at night) for me and told me to take Advil during the day and also with the Valium at night.
Time, time, time - and patience. I guess that's the trick.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby rasmith3530 » 25 Mar 2012, 23:33

Davo, glad to hear you are making such progress. I too am well on the path of mending.
Tanya and Sweet, I certainly do hope that you guys are doing well too.
Take care all!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10