MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jo » 30 Aug 2008, 21:55

Image Jen,
Fissy is so right, we really miss you when you are not around. You need to be around, no matter what, hopefully you can forget about the butt problems just for a little while, like you did at school. Everybody here loves you and wants you well. You WILL heal and be better.
Sorry you cannot get into the Dr., maybe you can tell them you are having some type of problem and you REALLY need to be seen. That is not right that they are so slow responding.
Hugs,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jen » 30 Aug 2008, 22:04

Thanks Jo! Image
All you guys are cheering me up! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 31 Aug 2008, 02:44

Jen
Do what you have to do, and what's right for you. We'll be here when you feel like it and want to share. It's OK to feel blue sometimes Image
Take care of yourself & don't give up Image
Corsican Botox Girl Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 03:29

Image sorry you're feeling so down, Jen Image . I'm sure after a couple of weeks it will look so much better and at your check up on the 8th they will reassure you that everything is perfectly normal.

Please post all your worries - this is the time that you need support the most, when you're worried and blue! I'm positive that at least one of us will have the answer to ANY of your worries!!

Hang in there, sweetie, time heals all wounds and yours are no exception, they WILL heal!! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby cherylk » 31 Aug 2008, 07:57

Yes, I can't get my stools regulated correctly and then when I am loose I don't know what to do about taking my Miralax because I have to take it or I get constipated. It is a real dilemma! I am hoping to get off of this stupid Miralx and this roller coster. Hopefully, the pelvic floor retraining will allow me to do just that.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 13:10

:hi: Jen !
Glad to see you about today Image
We are here for you and worry when you go AWOL !!!
I know what you mean about posting when feeling down :( but like Val said thats the time when you really need the support of your friends Image
We do understand....
How are you feeling today ?
Sending you a very big hug Image

Postby Jen » 31 Aug 2008, 13:46

Thanks guys1 I am feeling a little better today. I am sore and it hurts to pick up my son.
This is kind of a stange question, but did anyone ever have really large BM's after LIS? I am not changing my diet, still taking my fiber & stool softeners. Why all of the sudden change in my bowel size? It maybe normal sized BM for a "normal" peron without butt issues, but it is pretty big for me. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 14:19

i suppose if the muscle is in spasm, then it tightens up, so the stool would be smaller, but now its been cut, it can be normal sized!!

I didnt notice - but i'm not really observant about anything so there could have been a difference.

glad you're not feeling so down, you'll soon be able to pick up your son without hurting. You'll be back to normal very soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 17:51

Jen-if you have a fever that should get the doctor's attention quickly. Do you have any instructions about activity level like picking up your son? Don't strain yourself and don't feel like you have to hide your feelings from us. That's what friends are for, right?

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Aug 2008, 18:51

Jen buddy - 2 weeks NO picking up anything - didn't they give you instructions ??? : ( It is very important not to strain.
Poop size - oh yeah baby - there is a whole long thread in which we all compared our poops after LIS LOL. Definitely gets bigger since muscle is relaxed. Mine way size of a middle finger (LOL nice comp. , right LOL), before the LIS than got the size of "construction worker" poop ( no pun intended to macho guys winks winks, just suppose manly man poop ...well...like a man ; ))) . Anyhow, after a while my poop got thiner and thiner and that is when my fissure appeared again because my sphincter got tight again - so be happy Jen that you poop like "a man" LOL - I wish I do !!! Now my outer sphincter is tight like a knot because of so much trauma - I can not pass a gas !!!!!$%^&**^%$#!!!!
If anybody mentions to me incontinence and LIS connection -I will personally smack that person over the head LOL - JK< JK !!!
Wish I am loose there boooooooo-hooooooooooo.... : ((((((
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61