MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jen » 31 Aug 2008, 19:15

Thanks so much guys! My doctor told me it was ok to pick my baby up after a week (he is only 24 pounds), but I am not doing it because I can tell it is still straining me. I just feel awful because he is very sick. We brought him to the ER today and he always wants me to hold him.
Lecia - I would love to read the thread about the construction worker poo - Do you know where it is? I am thinking of you and I hope your doing ok.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Aug 2008, 19:52

Hi Jen! I am with you on that, don't lift or even stretch more than you need to for a month! Geez, it's only been a week!
*I* was very careful about that, and had my grandkids around a lot when I was healing, and they expected me to pick them up, and it's hard explaining to a three year old why you can't!!!
But I didn't and I avoided all sorts of other potential no-no's! I think it helped me heal a snitch faster!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 01 Sep 2008, 01:04

It must be so difficult Jen, especially if your little boy is ill, butif it hurts to pick him up, then listen to your body saying its not ready to lift anything. If you hinder your recovery by straining the wound, then it will be even longer before it heals. So you'll be back to normal quicker if you take it easy. I know how upsetting it is, my grandbabe is only 12 weeks and I so much want to pick him up and play with him, but i cant hold a cup in my left arm, let alone a baby! My grandaughter is 3 and keeps wanting me to play, and its so heartbreaking not being able to. But this is a short length of time really, and i dont suppose they will ever remember when we couldnt pick them up .
Hope you feel better soon
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 01 Sep 2008, 03:10

Jen Image
Your bigger pooh must be because you aren't as tight as before - it makes sense...? Because pencil thin pooh is very typical when having fissure/spasm...
Taka care & heal dear :truebud:
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Cinderella » 01 Sep 2008, 05:41

Jen, how are you now? Do you still have pain all the time or only during BMs? Are you able to sit on chear? Are you taking painkillers every day? I really hope that you will heal quickly and you do not have to live with these problems anymore. Image
My surgery is on Friday and I have still so many doubts. I think my situation is quite similar than yours, my AF is causing only slight pain occasionally. Most of the time I am painfree. However I have had AF nearly two years already so it is definitely too long time to suffer. :roll:
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 09:10

Dear Cinderella
I wish you goodluck for Friday !
May this be just what you need to never have to suffer this way again…
Think of the future and the pitter patter of tiny feet , that in itself will be worth the ride I am sure of it....
God bless
xx

Postby Jen » 01 Sep 2008, 09:41

Today's BM was kind of hard to pass. As I stated yesterday, my BM's have been unusally large since LIS. Well, I had no spasms, however, it felt so big that I still have having a difficult time - almost like my skin was streching. If this was prior to LIS, I would have definatly tore my fissure. I am thinking maybe the streching feeling was coming from the insicion site, which is still not healed. I did have some blood, which has not been present for the past few days. Suprisingly, after the difficult BM, I am in no pain. However, I had a second, smaller BM an hour later and it stung like crazy. Has anyone had an expirience like this after LIS? The whole situatioon kind of alarmed me this morning. I hope it was just a rough patch.
Cinderella - Yes, our situations have always been very similar. We always think we are healed, and then our fissures act up again. Also, I think we both got them with our first babies birth, and now we both have baby fever again. :D I did have a difficult time with my BM this morning. Normally, I have not had a hard time - just lots of stinging since the LIS due to my incision site. I took my narcotics for about 4 days after LIS. Now, I am just taking motrin and tylenol as needed. I can sit fine on a chair and actually never had much of a problem with that after the first couple days. I have no spasms now at all. Prior to LIS, I was not sure if I had them, and now that they are gone, I am sure I had them. Mine were just not painful, but they were causing me to retare. It is too soon to call me a success story. But things are a little closer to normal than before.
I think you need the LIS since it has been going on for 2 years. I was feeling great the time of my surgery and it is hard to go through when your feeling pretty good. I know you will do great. Please let us know how you feel and keep in touch.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 11:02

Hey Jen,
I don't know where the construction worker thread was but it was pretty funny!

I am sorry your little boy is sick. That is just awful to have him suffering when you aren't feeling well yourself. Can you hire a babysitter to come over or he probably just wants mama right now. Just lie on the bed and watch videos together.

I have the same kind of pain it seems. The first bm might not hurt, but the second one does. I guess the first bm primes the area and then the friction from the second sends it over the edge. I am glad you were able to handle a construction worker size poo though.

Postby Jen » 01 Sep 2008, 12:09

Well guys,
I don't know what is wrong with me. That incision is basically a fissure - and I can feel now it tore pretty bad after the large BM this am. I am bleeding and totally misrable. I just don't understand why it is not healing. It is worse than my other fissure.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Sep 2008, 12:23

I think you need to schedule to go see your CRS, then Jen. Or at least your GP. I hate that. I had such high hopes (and still do) for your recovery!
What is the pain like?
Image Image Image
Deleted User 5