MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Aug 2012, 05:31

If you're still having problems today, I would give your doctor a call. My guess is that he will reassure you that this is normal or he'll give you some advice on what to do about it. Either way, it will give you peace of mind. Speaking from experience, after surgery you become hypersensitive to every little thing that happens to your body, which can create unnecessary anxiety.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Strangeworldaf » 23 Aug 2012, 16:55

Thanks Again, Thisfissure...you are really helping so many AF suffers. Do you know where do they stitch after the LIS? is it outside or inside?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Aug 2012, 17:07

My stitch was on the outside. I could actually feel the end of the stitches if I squeezed my butt cheeks together. I think the stitch dissolved after about 2 weeks.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 23 Aug 2012, 17:20

i cannot see my stitches...it that at the 6 clock position? i am assuming that i had the open LIS...
Do you remember if you had any small/tiny amounts of stools left little inside your anus after you BM's? --this is during from first few days of the surgery?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Aug 2012, 17:36

Yes, I did (especially since my stool was soft due to the Miralax). I spent a lot of time cleaning up after a BM (although I never wiped). Obviously, you want to be extra gentle down there when cleaning, so I think it is next to impossible to really do a thorough cleaning, so just do the best you can. Sitting in the bath tub really did help loosen up any excess waste, as well as the hand-held shower head. It took about a week or so before I really felt like I could do a thorough cleaning job.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 23 Aug 2012, 17:41

Where were you able to see the stitches? i tried my besy but i cloud not...I almost had zero packing after i left the surgery center...I am really curious to know if i had closed or open LIS? Called up my doctors office and the med assistant said he has no idea but according to her its all done internally.... What do you think?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Aug 2012, 19:47

No, I wasn't able to see the stitches. I wanted to, but personally I didn't think it was a good idea to go poking around down there too much! I had a closed LIS, with a single stitch. From what I understand, both approaches are equally effective and simply a matter of preference. One of the CRS's in my practice performs open LIS's and another one performs closed LIS's. Go figure.
Thankfully, I didn't have much packing, either (and it was all external). I've heard horror stories about people having to remove the internal packing after surgery.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 24 Aug 2012, 04:54

On the 3 I still have pain near my surgery site and this morning when I went for BM I noticed some minor blood on the wipes..I did rub or anything. What does this mean? Fissure or surgery blood?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 24 Aug 2012, 05:28

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it is some spotting from the incision site. I had some minor spotting for several days following surgery, as well, which was coming from the incision site. My CRS said this is normal. My spotting stopped after a few days.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 24 Aug 2012, 07:08

Yes you are correct...I have pain and soreness from the incision site and after BM when I cleaned it I cloud see tiny blood spots.... My BM are not that soft.so working on it....don't have pain from my fissure site though....did you feel pain at night especially few days after surgery... I have started taking Tylenol.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to Fistula Success Stories