MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Aug 2012, 18:45

Hi Strangeworldaf:
I took Ultram and ibuprofen the evening after my surgery (as I was in some mild pain after the anesthesia wore off - probably a 3 out of 10). The next day I was basically pain-free from the operation. I did take some ibuprofen to keep the swelling down and I would take an Ultram following a BM as a preemptive measure, but I really don't think I needed to. I have some other non-fissure/fistula pain that I have to take some pain medication for, but the pain from the operation was surprisingly minimal.
How are you feeling?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 18:59

I have some pain that keeps changing like 2 to 4 on the scale of 1 to 10...I got an ok from my doctors office to take Advil but I am just wondering if Advil actually works better than Nero based medicine especially when pain is not severe....also what was you sleeping position cause I think it also contributes to pain....
Thanks much thisfissure
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Aug 2012, 19:20

I generally slept on my side, as I found this to be the most comfortable position for me (I generally sleep on my side most of the time anyway); however, sleeping on my back was not uncomfortable.
I also didn't have any problem at all sitting in the bath tub.
By the way, have you had your first BM yet?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 19:41

Already had two BM's.....little discomfort but manageable pain....I am just having more of urinary/bladder/ discomfort and little week urine stream....and I am not that old....37.;.; don't know what's causing this ...Hydrocone tablets? Or a sore BUM?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Aug 2012, 19:50

Hmmmmmm . . . I'm not sure. My urine stream actually got a lot stronger post-surgery. Have you considered contacting your doctor to ask him if this is normal?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 19:53

I had my surgery yesterday at 1 pm....did your urine stream got better next day after the surgery or it took sometime?and the nurse said its ok and it happens will get better in few days....I am little anxious....
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Aug 2012, 20:05

I urinated immediately after surgery, and I was surprised at how much stronger the stream was. I assumed it was because I wasn't having any more spasms. However, if your nurse said it was ok, I wouldn't worry about it. At least you are able to urinate! If you are still concerned, I would follow-up with your doctor tomorrow to put your mind at ease. It's probably only temporary.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 20:17

I just looked at post operative instructions from the doctors office and he mentions that some people will have problem urinating after surgery because of sore BUM and they should sit in the sits bath to help urinate.... I guess you were lucky ...do you any other other LIS member who went through this type of issue?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Aug 2012, 20:27

To be honest, it's the first I've heard about it, but it must be at least somewhat common if your doctor included it as a potential issue in the post-op instructions. I have, however, heard of some people that cannot urinate at all post-surgery and have to go to the ER, so be thankful that you are able to urinate at all.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Strangeworldaf » 22 Aug 2012, 20:40

So I had my surgery yesterday at11am and I was to pee at 1pm...But this bladder and urine problem started last night around 11pm...and it's been like this on and off since last night....my worry is weak stream and bladder discomfort.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to Fistula Success Stories