Diary of pain

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary of pain

Postby pinpin » 07 Jan 2014, 06:48

This is normal, and I too have twice smaller stools in diameter, than I had before issues. Two doctors confirmed it is due to spams and pain during BM.

Internal sphincter(bastard) is controlled by autonomous never system, which means you cannot relax it even you try very much. One option is to stretch - dilate it. Probably you can try this.

And also sphincter starts to spams when some feces get on wound, and nerve ending are irritated, it is not painful for the wound, but muscle reacts and starts to spasm.. Stupid, but it is how it is.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby bgd » 07 Jan 2014, 07:11

Stretching I can't do. I can barely insert an insuline syringe to apply ointment. CRS tried it a few times and I ended up in spasm right there as I exited the room.

Now I'm honestly scared to death to go for another checkup to discuss LIS, risking to get another tear like a month ago. I'm feeling some healing so I will just wait a little bit more and watch my diet and herbal ointments. If the fissure goes away and the spasm still persists then we can rule this out and look for other causes.

I hope it's not levator syndrome or some other crazy stuff like that. Funny thing is that after it calms down I'm totally relaxed till the next stool, which in my case can be days.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby bgd » 24 Jan 2014, 06:56

Smoked sausage, cheese, chocolate -> doesn't work still, even with laxatives, plenty of fruits and water. Got a stool that started OK with 5, then 4 in the middle and ended with 6. The 4 felt aweful, got into spasm right away and had to leave the office early. The laxative I took one day earlier only made things worse producing a second stool 6-7 that irritated the fissure even more. For me having consecutive stools is the worst combination, I'm trying to avoid this at all costs.

The result was 14 hours of spasm. Rectogesic only gave minutes of relief, so I ended up overdosing myself. It would probably been much worse without it though. Heating pad didn't do much either so I spent long hours in the tub. After these two stools at 2PM and 4PM I could barely fall asleep at 4AM and still woke up twice.

I'm afraid to go back to the CRS and get ripped again. I will eventually have to men up and discuss options. Somehow I still have the strength to go on and avoid LIS.

Bottom of the line is that I can't find a reasonable explanation for such long pain episodes, as the fissure is getting smaller and smaller. I probably have only 1mm left. When I poke it with the applicator though, the surrounding also feels sore.

I wonder if I will be left with the impossibility to handle Bristol 4 for the rest of my life?
Last edited by bgd on 24 Jan 2014, 07:08, edited 3 times in total.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 24 Jan 2014, 07:05

On a second thought, it becomes clearer every day that I am left with some sort or narrowing or stenosis that will cause the muscle to spasm when streched beyond a certain point, regardless of the fissure.

To support this theory, I noticed that the spasm happens in the upper part of the rectal canal, passed the fissure. When I insert the applicator, it goes in easily for about 1cm, it passes the fissure no problem and then it starts to feel tight and painful. Or is this just normal anatomy? Could I have a 2nd fissure on the upper part of the canal, perhaps caused by CRS last time he inspected me?
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 25 Jan 2014, 19:53

Can't believe the ups and downs I'm living. Makes absolutely no sense at all whatsoever. After the nigthmare two days ago, I went back to my veggies, fruits, juices, linseeds, parafin oil and Manuka. So I got a nice and soft 5, not so big either. So for the first time since Nov 2012 I had a BM where I felt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, not even a pinch, nada, not during, not after. Driving, sitting, walking, not a tingle whatsoever. Like my fissure has vanished. Which I know it's not true, given the pain I had two days ago.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 26 Jan 2014, 11:56

I know it's crazy isnt it!! I've had times like that also.
I'm happy you have at least had a good day, and a break from anal misery!!! Lol

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Savaici » 06 Feb 2014, 19:54

Hope no news is good news, bgd??
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bgd » 07 Feb 2014, 04:24

Yes, as usual :) Suddenly I'm feeling better, although I never had another totally pain free episode. No real pain, just some awareness, using very little Rectogesic now and then just to achieve a totally discomfort free state. I did focus on stool consistency though to achieve this.

I also had a strange puss episode for about 2 days, it went away with antibiotics, no fistula.

And then I bled pretty heavily once, dark red blood, but no fissure pain. I'm positive it wasn't the fissure, but some rhoid. Only happened once.

I also made peace with my CRS. My fissure didn't progress in length in the past 2 months though, it is still 2mm long. CRS thinks again of cauterizing the edges, but I think I'll pass and wait.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 07 Feb 2014, 08:49

:smilyhug: Absolutely thrilled that things are going well for you!!!! Can only get better.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bgd » 07 Feb 2014, 15:15

Thanks a lot for the support :)
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist