Diary of pain

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary of pain

Postby Ever the Optimist » 26 Sep 2013, 15:26

Bgd,
It's been so interesting following your thread!
It's a shame about the fistula hindering the fissure recovery but from what you describe, the process was treating a very simple and superficial fistula, which should heal well. I had the same experience although my fistula was on the opposite to my fissure and totally unrelated. Fistulas (IMO) are a lot easier to manage and heal well - that exterior groove, where they deroofed it should hopefully start to heal from the bottom upwards and gradually fill in with new skin until it heals up completely. Like you, I had no real pain, just a little discomfort in the early weeks - realistically, it may take a little longer than a month to completely heal (mine was two) but it's not long and I've now no signs that I ever had it - recurrence is very low, so I wouldn't worry too much about that....Hopefully, now it's been discovered you will go on to make a pretty much full recovery as it sounds you're nearly there with the fissure too, which is great!! (That's the more tricky issue of the two) Just keep the wound clean and dry and you'll be fine!! All the best with your continuing recovery...
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 29 Sep 2013, 19:55

All the very best, bgd. Hope you are on the road to recovery now. Thinking of you :)
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bgd » 15 Oct 2013, 14:47

Where were we? I was doing just fine recovering after the fistulotomy, so I went on the bi-weekly checkup. CRS tore me so badly that I went into spasms just a couple of hours later, before BM, a feeling I almost forgotten. The next day all hell broke loose, the fistula looked like it was forming back again, fissure pain, etc. I went back the same day for an emergency checkup and I didn't hesitate to express my anger, accusing my CRS that he re-tore my fissure. He insisted he did not. What's done is done, I had a few bad nights having hard time falling asleep, some pain during the day, etc. All in all, CRS threw me back at least a month and a half in terms of AF healing.

Then soon after I felt another abscess wannabe about to form under the skin on the opposite side to the first one. Long thin superficial one. Went away with some antibiotics.

Fistula closing in pretty OK though, it's just the remainder of AF at the end of it that is causing the problems. CRS insists that it didn't tore, however I can definitely feel it and anal pressure is definitely higher.

Now looking forward to the next checkup, but I'm gonna clearly state that I do not want any fingers up there no more, ever.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby bgd » 28 Oct 2013, 15:19

Checkup last week was less brutal, so I felt alright since. No real pain, just some discomfort level 1. Fistula groove filling in nicely. I have some issues lately getting my bowels moving, so I'm taking a herbal laxative every 3rd day which gets me a 5-6 easy to pass. However the healed ending of the fistula always seems to get hard and sensitive after BM. Could be some temporary inflammation.

It's been almost 7 months since I started treating and 11 months since problems started. I'm close to healing this one, but I still have the hems to band, a whole different beast.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 29 Oct 2013, 02:18

Savaici wrote:All the very best, bgd. Hope you are on the road to recovery now. Thinking of you :)

Thanks Sav!
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 29 Oct 2013, 03:09

Thank you for update bgd!
Keep going, you are not alone!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby bgd » 29 Oct 2013, 15:53

Read your thread Igrik, now I'm gonna think twice before messing with my rhoids. CRS keeps telling me that banding is gonna be piece of cake compared to what I've been through already with my fissure. But the truth is hems never bothered me, no pain while sitting, no thrombosis. I'm probably on my way there, but I think I'm just gonna leave myself alone and enjoy pain free land for a while.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 29 Oct 2013, 18:17

Would agree with not messing with your roids. I rue the day I ever had those surgeries (3 in all). Personally, this is nothing in comparison to the pain of those days!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby pinpin » 30 Oct 2013, 02:14

Never touch your roids! Unless they are completely unbearable.

It is better to calm them down and live pain free live, with occasional flare ups....
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby bgd » 30 Oct 2013, 03:53

Do you think banding is less traumatic than hemorrhoidectomy?
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist