My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby owmybum » 30 Dec 2014, 15:17

I'm sorry FF, I didn't see your other post.
Are you just seeing a GP or a colorectal surgeon? I think a GP can only prescribe things like GTN. If you want something stronger like diltiazem you have to get it prescribed via a consultant at a hospital.
I would stay off all strong lotions and creams that may be irritating you for a day or two and just shower and dry with a hair dryer on a low setting.
It's so disappointing to have a set back when things seem to be going so well, but I'm sure you can get things back to a manageable state soon

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Fissurefrustration » 01 Jan 2015, 05:59

oh lord this rash is driving me mad. I've had my first "blood spotting" on my tissue paper after quite a few months which confirms I've re-torn. it's not copious amounts but still its blood. I'm struggling to differentiate between pain of my fissures and pain of this rash that's covered my sacral cleft. thinking back my sacral cleft has always seemed more red since my fissure but never considered it was a rash. So I'm going to do something potentially stupid.... no creams. just taking a break from it for a while and see how I do. I predict my fissure may get worse but this rash is awful! maybe it's making fissures worse if it's making the skin raw and moist etc.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby owmybum » 01 Jan 2015, 11:27

Sorry to hear this. I have also had blood this morning.
I very often leave off all creams for a few days. It takes alot of will power as everything seems to feel dry and tight, but I'm used to it now.
I hope your rash clears up soon.
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Jan 2015, 16:55

Rash rash go away come again... never.

so my bum is still blotchy and red, stopping creams all together hasn't fixed it. so I'm trying my daklacort cream (steroid cream) to try to get rid of it. my fissure pain is still very much there but I know that's not going anywhere fast. I just want to fix one problem at a time right now, rash first, then tackling the fissure with my first CRS appt next month.

tried to have a nice hot bath to help things today, it felt great but stood up and had that ever so familiar tugging pain that makes me wince.

another day down, another year started.

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby suzyljank » 02 Jan 2015, 22:30

Hi, after surgery I got a nasty rash from the adhesive on the tape they used during the surgery. They gave me cortisone cream and it helped a lot. Just use it twice a day and no longer than 2 week in a row. Keep the area clean and dry and do not use soap. My rash was on the outside of the cheeks and it was bright red and very itchy. Good luck. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Jan 2015, 08:19

ok I've had a proper look 'down there' with a mirror this morning and I can say the rash is looking a bit better, not as angry. also I pulled back on my sentinel pile as thats where the pain is. the skin behind it is different to all the other skin on the inside as if its tried to heal 50 times but has just failed. it's pink... but not skin pink and it looks wet I'm presuming this is scar tissue? no visible blood but if the skin is pulled taught i see dark black under it which I'm guessing is a hemorrhoid. Managed to take a few photos to show to my CRS when I finally get an appointment through.

if all my assumptions are true then this will surely need surgical intervention.

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Jan 2015, 16:42

Ok my dad is trying to make sure I capture the good days and today is one! my pain has been a 1 all day just with minor irritation. so that's it really! no blood just a pinch of pain when I walk around.

Fingers crossed for the future, I'm viewing a house I really like on Saturday so need to be on top form to battle with the estate agents!!

J x

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 07 Jan 2015, 13:15

ARGH.

whats going on!? I had a perfect BM this AM with 0 pain but as the day went on pain got worse and worse but its just all aroudn my sphincter looks like its radiating from my sentinel tag. could this one tag cause this much pain!? I think my fissures healed I just can't understand why I'm in pain.

J x :cry:

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby owmybum » 07 Jan 2015, 13:41

Ugh..... There's never any rhyme or reason with these fissures and the pain level for each day can vary wildly.
Tags can get puffy and sore at times, it's best just to put your feet up for a bit to reduce pressure down there.

OMB
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby suzyljank » 07 Jan 2015, 16:47

Hi, the tag formed to protect the fissure. If it's still swelling and becoming irritated could mean you still have an active fissure. When you have a chronic fissure the inflammation becomes chronic. It never fully heals and the tearing and retearing cause more and more scar tissue to accumulate. When I went in for my flaps surgery I had chronic inflammation with tissue granulation. It is was never going to heal on it's own. It's was very frustrating because I would have days when everything felt ok followed by days when things were awful. I completely understand how you feel. I suffered for almost 9 years. I wish you all the best. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic