My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby woundedspirit » 09 Feb 2015, 16:07

Oh dear. I am so sorry. Sometimes I wonder what is up with these doctors. There is a reason for the pain. I have read this many times before and I just don't get it when there has been a previously documented fissure, especially so recently, and then after the exam they say the patient is fine. I know I am grasping at straws here but I wonder if a fissure can have just enough healing that it is not visible to the naked eye but opens again with the next BM or if they can heal but leave nerve pain or some kind of nerve memory. I really believe there is more that will be learned about fissure/anal pain simply because there is no where else in the body with such a high concentration of nerves much less the shear mechanical problems in healing due to the sphincters. I believe they cause such unique problems and pain that it is not fully understood yet. Anyway, sorry for that little rant but I just feel bad for you and can just sense your utter frustration. Try to stay strong. It is good to have the tests done but maybe get a second opinion while you are waiting to get your tests done. Sometimes I think half the battle is finding the right doctor.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissurefrustration » 10 Feb 2015, 18:13

Thanks guys I really appreciate all your support and I love the rant! We are all singing from the same hymn sheet here and I fully agree. Doctors are meant to have a duty of care to patients and show a level of sympathy. I'm a nurse and I know how it can be sometimes but we are not making this pain up! Why would we?! I've broken bones, had migraines and had other ops and this pain is beyond anything I've had before. And I've got a pain threshold!!! I have dey hands all the time normally and I was just getting on with my day today when one of the lines going across just beneath my knuckle split open causing a little blood and quite a little sting! I put a bit of honey on it and now I'm in bed 8 hours later the split is hardly visible with no pain and no blood!!! I chuckled to myself and I can't help but think of only a fissure was that easy. When will bum transplants come in I wonder?! On a serious note ive been researching stem cell therapy for wound healing and cell regeneration. Has anyone considered this regarding healing fissures?

J xx
Last edited by Fissurefrustration on 13 Feb 2015, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby chachacha » 10 Feb 2015, 19:26

I googled stem cell treatments for fissures last year and found a great trial, but can't seem to locate it now. This one though, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/776150-treatment, seems promising. An excerpt reads: In an open-label, single-arm clinical study by de la Portilla et al, local injections of expanded adipose-derived allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells proved beneficial for patients with perianal fistulas associated with Crohn disease. The study involved 24 patients, with investigators finding that in 69.2% of cases, the number of draining fistulas was reduced, while in 56.3% of patients, the treated fissures closed completely, and in 30% of cases, all existing fistula tracts completely closed.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby woundedspirit » 11 Feb 2015, 09:05

Wow, that is an exciting new field and I hope holds much promise for all of us. I plan on reading more on this subject. Thanks it never crossed my mind. And I know what you are saying ff, how many times I have thought if this cut was anywhere else in my body it would have been healed in a matter of days instead of going on year 3. Our wounds have such special set of circumstances. Oh and by the way.... :Jen: (hehe) :)
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 11 Feb 2015, 13:37

today has been another bad day. no pain on BM but 30 min later burning/itching pain and it's still going on now hours later. I've emailed my CRS and begged her to reconsider her opinion and to list me for an EUA. I can't go 8 months with this pain waiting for physio I feel so defeated.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby msimon » 11 Feb 2015, 16:50

I'm so sorry this is happening to you FF. :hugs: I hope your CRS decides to do the EUA for you.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby woundedspirit » 11 Feb 2015, 17:01

Yes, I hope so too FF.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 11 Feb 2015, 17:49

I hope that you get an answer soon, and that you get that exam ASAP.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Feb 2015, 11:37

Hi J,
I'm so sorry the CRS outcome wasn't what you wanted...
I had the same issues with my first CRS who kept insisting I was healed and he then said I had another fissure on the second visit... I'd had enough and demanded a second opinion and I did still have a fissure or two...

Can you get a second opinion if she won't change her mind a give you an EUA, you have rights to ask to see another CRS. Also pressure tests will be useful to see if you have high pressure, which means that you still may be able to have LIS, as you could be re-tearing with fissures that are not always visible.... Don't give up...... Xxxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

dark thoughts

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Feb 2015, 13:36

hi all

another bad day (this could be my catchphrase) but this post comes with darker connotations.
I was doing ok for a few days and went to work today, 4pm pain and itching came and its just got worse hour by hour. I took a look down there and my hemorrhoids are looking inflamed and pulling on my skin tag the skin behind it looks like a fissure thats 90% healed. bright red skin that's moist. Anyway I've been feeling more and more down about it that darker thoughts are coming in. The only thing keeping me going is my dad and brother but without them I doubt I would stick around for this to 'fix itself' as my GP put it.

I just don't know what to do. I cant afford to have this privately and I can't force my gp/CRS to do an EUA or whatever on me.

I've been using anusol suppositories but once again it's developed a rash.

*sigh*

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration