AF Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: AF Diary

Postby brokenbottom » 23 Feb 2016, 09:44

Hello. Hope you're feeling better now. I've just had botox for my AF and feeling pretty gloomy as the pain is worse than before. But I was wondering how much coconut oil do you put in the bath? Thanks.
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby Dnank » 23 Feb 2016, 17:22

I haven't taken the baths since I stopped having the severe spams pain, but when I did I would put 1 heaping tablespoon in the bath. The coconut oil I have is solid at room temp. It's waxy and melts easily. I also formed it into a sepository-like shape and insterted it sometimes. It didn't help greatly but I think it was worth adding to the bath.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Dnank » 23 Feb 2016, 22:48

Finally had a soft/easy BM after 10 days of constipation. Don't really know what I did differently except Ive been taking magnesium citrate. I've also been taking the miralax daily and I won't stop this time. One other thing i did today that i havent tried in a long time was a coconut oil suppository. I used it a couple hours before bm. Maybe that helped. Wish I knew what causes the constipation. It seems to come out of nowhere with the slightest of change in diet and supplements.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 28 Feb 2016, 23:35

I'm finally getting back to the point I was at before my setback two weeks ago - one hard BM set me back at least two weeks. I know now that the magnesium citrate helps. I take two capsules when I first feel a BM coming and it seems to help with a soft BM within an hour. I will continue to be careful with diet and miralax. I might have to try stopping the diuretic I take for bp. I think it's causing the constipation.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby brokenbottom » 29 Feb 2016, 16:02

Good luck on keeping things steady. It gets complicated having to balance all these potions and pills doesn't it? Hope things improve for you!
brokenbottom
VIP

Postby Dnank » 21 Mar 2016, 22:20

I've been off my diuretic for 2 weeks and it helped a little with the constipation but not as much as I thought. I will probably try going back on the diuretic and stopping my other bp med which is a calcium channel blocker. It can cause constipation too.

Fissure is much better currently. I'm nearly back to normal but I know I'm only one bad BM from a retear.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 29 Mar 2016, 22:28

I might have finally found the cause of my constipation. After stopping Norvasc for a week, I haven't had any problems. I haven't had a no-constipation week in maybe a year so I really think Norvasc is the problem.

And, I'm happy to report that my anal fissure is completely gone. I feel so good now. There was a time when I thought this day would never come. It's been a long time coming but it's finally here.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby brokenbottom » 30 Mar 2016, 16:28

Congratulations! That's great news! Get out there and enjoy your fissure-free life! :-)
brokenbottom
VIP

Postby Dnank » 05 Dec 2016, 23:39

It's been a very long time since I last updated. I was hoping to never have to update, but I have had problems on and off since last posting. Mostly, I have been doing well since I have been keeping my poop soft with Miralax and now Amitiza. I've taken Miralax daily now for over a year. I started the Amitiza at the suggestion of a GI doc I went to mid year. It's a little expensive at $51 per month but it has helped make by BM's easier. I've found that I very easily have problems now since I had the fissure over a year ago.

Most of the summer I was fine, but late October through November I had the fissure again. Interestingly, it was at about the same time last year. It wasn't nearly as bad this time because I knew the most important thing to do was to keep my BMs soft and how to do that. It finally went away by the end of November. That was good since I was scheduled to have internal hemorrhoid banding done Dec 2nd. The GI doc found the hemorrhoids during a colonoscopy that my regular doc insisted I have. They're not nearly as bad as AF but still not good. Nothing good comes from pushing too hard to go.

The banding was painful for the first day and has since gotten better. It's still painful, especially during a BM, but I don't have the AF spasm pain for hours after. Hopefully I can get rid of these hemorrhoids and then keep my poop soft to avoid having a fissure ever again. I might actually be like a normal person.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby FromCroatia » 15 Mar 2017, 10:47

Dear Dnank, I think you must go for surgery. Once when fissure comes back it is like a scar on old scar tissue. It just can't heal. Try to consult colorectal surgeon.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Topics: 1