Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 17:28

Hey there just checking in. Hope you are doing ok, mentally. Hope the spasms stayed away too. I have been spasm free again, so staying hopeful and have set a reminder in my phone for my nightly round of miralax ( how exciting !!). Take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 01:28

Hi,
I'm doing much better the loperamide worked so it was just the one explosive incident thankfully...the pain did increase but think the combo of hot baths and being brave enough to put GTN up there (only a few mm) stopped the spasms so I managed another 6 hours of sleep.
So glad you are spasm free that's the main thing both mentally (that pain is too much) and physically (can't heal in spasm mode)
I see you have had LIS my surgeon think I may end up having it as my fissure is quite long and deep...it's good to see you think the recovery from LIS was easier than Botox.
Hehehe yes that's where fissures take you a life that's so exciting you have to put reminders in your phone for things like miralax.
Hope you wake up as pain free as possible and continue to have a good day, I'm going to try and be brave and have the toast without the broth (sure it was the broth that caused the explosion) and maybe some potatoe...oh the excitement lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 10 Jun 2016, 10:30

Good to hear you are minuscule bit better but more importantly are feeling positive . We have to make our butts a joke sometimes though I would be very offended to hear a butt joke from anyone who had not suffered from a fissure :) . Today too I am spasm free. For me LIS was a long time ago but i recovered well even though I was post c section the second time I had it. I can't remember thinking this much about recovery for sure the baby Kept me busy. And I was younger. And this support group did not exist for me to whine everyday :)
Last edited by Healingthroughdiet on 10 Jun 2016, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 10:58

Really glad you haven't had any spasms, oh yes my butt is a running joke in my house now.
I guess having to look after a baby will def keep your mind off your butt, I also think our bodies just recover quicker when younger. You sound like maybe the Botox has kicked in for you as there are no spasms after a BM

Well today the pain has been around a 4 - 5 but more burning for some reason, Right now I'm glad I took my surgeons advice as I want to give myself the best chance...I was so scared that Botox would make it worse as you hear some awful things...if it doesn't help me at least I can say I gave it my best shot instead of being too scared to try.
Still holding off on the verdict as obviously it's not even been a week and I need (don't really want too) experience how the Botox affects my sphincter when my IBD isn't happy...think that will be the real test, am dreading it though lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 10 Jun 2016, 11:30

I think the nutrition that's right for you is so key, what foods are tolerated well by you and don't bother the IBD too much?

Maybe the cycle of loperamide and then waiting for the BM is a little taxing too.

Maybe using the right foods that prevent explosive diarrhea and still keep you regular are the key.

Do you have access to a nutritionist who specializes in IBD?

Let me surf the net and see if anything enlightening comes up. Will post back shortly.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 10 Jun 2016, 11:39

http://www.ccfa.org/assets/pdfs/diet-nu ... 2013-1.pdf

What do you think about applesauce and melons? Seems like the fruits and beans I can have are not good for IBD. Also toast maybe the problem causing irritation. Maybe asparagus and potatoes? You seem to know so much about your condition so I am sorry if I seem to be out of my league. It just feels like you going hungry all these days must be very hard on you.

Incidentally I also feel more burning than spasms of late. It's more irritation,stinging than severe pain.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 15:58

I know I really do need to get the IBD sorted I kind of had it tamed on a high carb high protein diet but then for some reason a week before my Botox it went nuts...although seeing as stress sets it off and I was quite frankly terrified of being but to sleep that was prob why
Trust me any help is appreciated as we are often too deep in the forest to see the trees
I agree about the loperamide I hate taking it I was just so scared
I did have a nutritionist but I paid private for her and I remember I went through about 8 weeks of hell till we calmed it down. Don't fancy doing that with my fissures lol
Might try the melon never really appealed to me so not tried it often and I certainly need some vitamins from somewhere
Applesauce hates me with a vengeance unfortunately as I quite like it
I have had 2 slices of fruit toast and a plate of chips today so will see how I go tonight then I should hopefully be safe to go back to eating a bit more...fingers and toes crossed
Yes there is a definite burn going on and a bit of throbbing but as long as no spasm appears I'm fine...plus I did forget my painkillers so that probably explains the increase in pain levels lol
Thanx for all you help HTD it really does make a difference having someone to talk too who literally feels your pain
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 10 Jun 2016, 16:51

Forgive me if I am wrong but my CRS tells me chips are not necessarily the best choice . She recommended berries and soft foods like boiled carrots and even mango. Again it's a little tricky because she was advising me and not a patient with IBD. Have you tried baby food ? I have an acquaintance who is a nutritionist and I can ask her a little advice - don't know her too well but never hurts to ask I think. Can you send me you exact questions ? Also what kind of foods have you noticed worsen your diarrhea? Have you tried yoga and meditation . It may sound corny but to me it works .
My CRS did confirm I am healing though when she tried to examine me I tensed up a lot - she managed to examine me and said to stay positive and continue my diet - stick to it and she wants to see me in a month. Even if I am in pain, I feel so much better knowing this as I head to work in a couple days. I may not post as much then my work hours are long but know I am rooting for you. Yes having friends here to discuss butt and BM issues is certainly the current highlight of my week!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 17:09

Nope for most people you would be right...but when I'm having a flare up bread and chips are one of the few foods I know I'm safe with
Berries are Okk as long as I know I'm Okk but only in small amounts
Dairy, oils and certain fruits are the worst thing for me soups and sauces can be bad too
Yes that would be good...I would love to know how I can slow down my exceptionally fast digestion without taking loperamide and
How to get some vitamins n minerals if I can't eat fruit n veg very much
I have started my meditation again and I do know it helps calm things down as I have a very switched on enteric brain. Did do yoga years ago and am contemplating restarting
That's so great that your healing so pleased for you. Fingers crossed for your return to work I'm sure your recovery will carry on as good...I have to wait 3 months to see my CRS but i guess that's not a bad wait on the NHS lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Jun 2016, 11:07

I will ask next time I see her for sure. Don't have her email or phone number but meet her in the park quite often so hopefully soon. Take care.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP