LIS in 15 days

need support :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS in 15 days

Postby Hopeful1 » 29 Jun 2016, 12:57

You'll heal up just fine destrino! It will take a long time though - so just try to remain positive and keep remembering that eventually, you'll be better. Sitting down will be uncomfortable for some time, but each week will be a little better. It might get depressing at times but it DOES get better!

I saw my CRS today. He says my fissure is completely healed! It took 3 months, but I'm still going to be careful for the next year!
Last edited by Hopeful1 on 29 Jun 2016, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Haemorrhoids: for about 8 years - lived with it
Rubber Band Ligation: Spring 2015
Anal Skin Tag Removal: Summer 2015 (missed sentinel pile)
Fissure diagnosed: Aug/Sep 2015
GTN unsuccessful
LIS: 17 March 2016
Hopeful1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Hopeful1 » 29 Jun 2016, 13:08

^^sitting down is still a little uncomfortable for me though. So I'd advise looking on Amazon for a good cushion to put on your chair.

These are the two I use:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FR9R0RA/ ... Dxb6QAD1Z8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AHYLBKG/ ... DxbE7985HP
Haemorrhoids: for about 8 years - lived with it
Rubber Band Ligation: Spring 2015
Anal Skin Tag Removal: Summer 2015 (missed sentinel pile)
Fissure diagnosed: Aug/Sep 2015
GTN unsuccessful
LIS: 17 March 2016
Hopeful1
Salt Bather

Postby Sunset » 29 Jun 2016, 13:38

Glad everything seems to be going well with you!
On my day five I felt exactly like you describe.
But by day 7-8 there was so much can more improvement. But like you said it was just the cut that hurt. Especially after bowel movement. And pain would last maybe 30 mins so I'd just sit in warm bath right after having a bowel movement, it helps a lot! And ya, still spent most the day laying on the side.
Don't rush into doing too much to soon, take it one step at a time

On day 9 I went to the mall and grocery store (husband drove through so I can sit on my side)
But after an hour and half of shopping I came home and was in pain and had bleeding more than any other day
I think I just did too much too soon, cause the next morn I woke up better.. So, ya, just take one step at a time

I'm day 11 now and I feel great. I get slight pain and pressure if I'm on my feet too long or sit on my butt too long, but I was able to do things around the house and walk the kids to school which is great!
I just make sure to take it easy, and lay down for a bit once I feel the pressure in my butt

Good luck!'!
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Postby destrino » 29 Jun 2016, 15:50

Do you have some Anal bleeding after bm? I now had my second bm and a lot of blood was in the toilet. Im freaking out please Tell me its normal
destrino
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sunset » 29 Jun 2016, 16:25

Yes it's normal.
Don't worry
I freaked out too
But doc said there can be bleeding after bowel movements for weeks. But it should get less and less each day.
If this is only your second bowel movement, it's probably normal.
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 29 Jun 2016, 18:08

Yes I used to have quite a bit of bleeding for a week. I also am having quite a bit of blood 4 weeks after Botox and my CRS insists healing tissue or granulation tissue can bleed too.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Skiponzo » 29 Jun 2016, 18:29

A small to medlium amount of Bleeding can persist for up to 2 months per my CRS. She repeated told me as long as it's not more than a coffee cup then you're OK.

For me I bled for a week then nothing for 2 weeks before I again bled for about another week. I even had super small Amt of blood at about 9 weeks post op. It's totally normal.
Skiponzo
Salt Bather

Postby destrino » 02 Jul 2016, 03:58

Day 8 (beginning of):
I started noticing a serious improvement since yesterday (during day 7). Now i can finally stay sit on a soft chair for some time. Not hours, but i can, it's a big improvement. Itching is less and pain is less. I can walk but still not very comfortable doing so. I stopped bleeding and had many BMs. The cut of the removed tissue from the fissure is still there, the cut for the LIS is kinda getting better, it doesn't look as bad as the first days.
I'm now pretty confident that things will move faster from now on, i expect average recovery in 4-5 days (being able to go to desk work) and maybe 15 days to feel "normal" in every way. This is the general sensation i have. For me so far, nothing uncommon as you noticed.
destrino
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 02 Jul 2016, 17:05

Yayyyy! Progress for sure . One day at a time - things will hopefully be fully back to normal soon.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby destrino » 13 Jul 2016, 09:20

Day 18:
i think and hope my quest is nearly over. The cut doesn't hurt anymore, maybe some itching sometimes, it's still closing itself properly and i started loosing the stitches. BM of any kind no pain at all. I still have some green/yellow stuff coming out from the fissure site, but i'm keeping it clean washing it many times each day. The fissure itself was still an open hole 5 days ago, i didn't check now but i hope it's starting to close even if a little bit of blood is still coming out during BM. Not in the water, just on the paper, a drop or two.

No incontinence at all, not even gas (maybe a little to gas if it's very strong). The doctor said i'm recovering even faster than other patients. I'm not even caring too much about what i eat, just taking fibers every day to have at least 1BM/day.

So, in my opinion LIS can fail in two ways:
1-if they don't cut enough the muscle. This is important, it avoids spasms (after a BM now i find so easy to control it, with the fissure the muscle tried to close itself super quick after bm).
2 and maybe critical part-if they don't remove the tissue regarding the fissure. It's critical. I literally have A HOLE where the fissure was. Even if i have a huge piece of *you know what* coming out, there is no tissue there anymore, it's like the area can enlarge itself WAY more than before, avoiding cuts and tearing. Even if this area is open, it does not hurt in any way, not even bm. Sounds strange but it's like that. So in my opinion this surgery can fail if they just leave the fissure there as it is. Only loosening the muscle i don't think it's enough to solve everything safely...but i'm not a doctor.
I can now do kinda everything (apart from going with bike, still better to avoid that for a while).

I hope my quest is over and will not have to report anything more for the future. I will come assisting people who need help in any case. Wish me luck!

If you're reading this and you have pain all day long, or you just feel you're loosing your control about your life (even driving is real tough with a painful fissure), GO for lis. Don't waste your time on other ways, i'm one of so many that tried EVERYTHING since i'm totally scared about hospitals and needles. This thing ruined my life for 6 months, i was scared but i realized there was no other way to go on. For now, it paid off! Do it!
destrino
Fibre Addict