My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Katie » 12 Oct 2016, 11:08

Hi what is LIS? The doctor for now just looked at the area and removed some skin tags and shaved the skin around the tear for it to try and heal it's self that's what I had done on monday but have not been to the toilet yet and so scared to go!!!! X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Oct 2016, 11:22

Hi Katie,
Super good luck for your first trip to the loo I'm sure it won't be half as bad as your expecting.
LIS is where they cut your internal sphincter muscle which in turn reduces both spasms and tightness so the fissure can heal.
I had a fissurotomy which is what your scraping of the skin sounds like and the first BM did sting but certainly wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 12 Oct 2016, 11:59

So how long ago did you have yours done and has it worked for you? X what dpvu take to make your bm soft? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Oct 2016, 13:13

Hi Katie, I had mine done in June with Botox...unfortunately it didn't work but I have a long/deep fissure and am having LIS in a few weeks (maybe sooner)
I wish I could help you with how to keep BMs soft but I have IBD so my BMs are very liquid and I have to try to keep them harder as that helps with my pain.
If you look on diaries HTD has a Botox diary listing food she ate to keep her BMs soft. Also there are quite a few post on here about that maybe search food.
I guess for the first few days you could try soup and smoothies perhaps
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 13 Oct 2016, 08:50

I did my first bm in the night and Omg it killed so bad the doctor has come out to me and given me really strong pain killers!!! I hate this so much feeling down
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Oct 2016, 10:45

Oh no Hun that's not good,
Has the doctor given you any cream like GTN or dilatizem as that will help with the spasms...I couldn't live without my GTN.
Also run yourself a hot sitz bath and straight after your next BM get in the bath the heat will help with the spasms...I have been known to stat in them for an hour but that's not ideal for my hems.
It really will get better even if it doesn't feel like it right now....is there any chance of him giving you Botox
Fingers crossed the pain goes away soon
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 13 Oct 2016, 10:53

I have tred the creams did not not work I had bottox before and it did not work but Monday had more bottox and a fissurotomy done! Doctor been and been put on morphine for pain and movicol to keep things soft x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Oct 2016, 11:42

Ah well at least you have had the Botox that really does help but it can take about two weeks to kick in...I spent the first week sore and in pain but no actual spasms.
You are lucky your doc will give you morphine when I was having spasms I had to go to AnE to get mine and waiting in there while in soul destroying agony is not fun.
The spasms are the worst pain I have ever had I have dislocated bones and passed kidney stones without pain relief but the spasms destroy me.
How long did you try the creams for did you try both...it took a while for mine to work but now it's my best friend.
You can always ask to be put on the list for LIS in 3 months if you don't see any improvement, but don't give up hope the Botox will kick in...I was very sceptical and didn't want to have it only I had no choice due to the length n depth of my fissure but I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it did work, the pain more or less went for a while.
These things are horrendous especially mid spasm but they will go...we have to believe that.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 16 Oct 2016, 05:37

Day 6 post op and the pain is still killing me :( thinking about going to the doctors tomorrow to get checked out my skin tags feel so much bigger and I'm worryed about infection the pain has not left since 11.30 last night when I went to the toliet x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Oct 2016, 06:51

Oh no Hun,
The hems and skin tags were very painful for me for about 3 weeks but using colloidal silver soaked cotton wool on them did start to shrink them eventually and stopped me having to have them done too.
It's best to get yourself checked out if you think you might have an infection
Take care Hun it will get better
Mypoorbutt