Nervous but fed up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Nervous but fed up

Postby IronicTwist » 04 Dec 2016, 08:48

Well it seems the strike is over. Now I have to wait for them to call again to do bloodwork. I do have new concerns though. When applying GTN I usually make sure its well applied in turn doing a personal digital exam. Before I felt a small lump close to the end of the fissure and was told that this is the sentinel tag, however I now feel 3 more. Another one just under my external hemi and another 2 on the opposite side which actually seems to be deeper and on my sphincter. The pain I feel during spasms is actually on these lumps. Has anyone had this? Should I be concerned? Theyre not large like hemis. Theyre about 1mm and hard like an apple seed.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Dec 2016, 11:14

Glad the strike is over IT, I have 2 of these one next to my smaller fissure and one on my largest hem. My CRS says they are swollen vessels but mine only hurt if my IBS is playing up and don't seem connected to the spasms, so yours could be something completely different
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 04 Dec 2016, 12:22

Mine hurt if I press on them. With spasm the sphincter places pressure. I hope theyre only swollen vessels. My family has a history of colon cancer and polyps.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby IronicTwist » 05 Dec 2016, 03:56

Another sleepless night because of pain. GTN calmed the spasms but there was that lingering ache the woke me up at 1, 2 3 and 4 am got up at 6am to get my son ready for school and applied more GTN. Didnt take a painkiller as the Palexia I took last night didnt do anything to take the edge off. 4 slices of wholewheat toast with PB+J and a coffee to wake me up. Pain is subsiding but I'm really pissed off now with the healthcare sytem. I could have had this suffering solved by now. I mean, dont get me wrong, I am all for people fighting for what they believe in but at the expense of others... well thats the grey area Im not too chuffed with.

Dulcosoft has not been helping at all, tested this by dropping the dose to half and to be honest, same sh!t. Excuse the pun. GTN dosage is now above recommended 3 times a day and going on 3 - 3 and a half times just to control the pain. Painkillers do nothing for me.

Anxiously waiting for the next call to get this ball rolling again.

Frankly Im at the point where I would prefer being bed ridden on Christmas and healing than have to endure another painful sleepless night like these past few.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Dec 2016, 04:21

Oh no IT that's awful....my CRS said I can apply the GTN 4 x a day which I sometimes do and sometimes don't so I guess you could add an extra one in there.
I agree totally my treatment was delayed by the junior doctors strike in the UK and its blooming annoying. Yes everyone deserves the best they can get....but so do the patients they leave suffering its not fair st all.
I'm sure it's nothing serious it's probably to do with all the pressure going on down there everything is getting constricted and swollen...could you get your GP to have a look.
It's so bad that we have to suffer like this. Ask about gabapentin it's strong stuff but so far it's the only thing that has taken my pain down within an hour it's a nerve blocker so it interrupts the pain signals going to the brain.
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 05 Dec 2016, 04:26

Palexia is a strong Opiate and I need approved credentials to buy even if it is prescribed yet it still does nothing. Ive already got the mindset that I'll have to bite the bullet till surgery
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby IronicTwist » 06 Dec 2016, 06:30

Coming down with a bad case of the flu. Praying that I dont get a fever which will just delay the op even further.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Dec 2016, 06:31

Oh no you can't have flu....don't know what's it's like over there but here if you have the slightest sniffle or cough they just won't operate full stop. Take lots of vitamins
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 06 Dec 2016, 06:39

Feel like sh!t today. Really do. Took a 500mg N-Acetyl Cysteine Effervescent tablet last night. Stronger than Fluimicil, to see if I can force the cough out asap. Feeling like crap today. Feels like a full blown flu. Body is aching, BM was terrible and at about a 5 of constant pain right now. Going to apply GTN now to see if it calms down a bit but I read that with the NAC, the GTN gets stronger so headaches are in store just to add to the injury. Seriously feeling under the weather and blue.

Ever have the feeling that you're just alone in this battle? I know I have you guys, but you understand what I mean...

Hospital still hasnt contacted me for the new bloodwork. No rush now, No use I go to the anaesthesia interview like this.

(sigh)
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Dec 2016, 07:09

Oh no IT that sounds awful, since I had these fissures I have been so careful to try and avoid any germs but if you have kids then there is no avoiding them.
Hope the GTN helps and the headaches aren't too bad....can you take something to kind of knock you out do you sleep through it.
I know what you mean about feeling alone...you see everyone else laughing and joking eating and drinking without having to analyse what they put in their mouth are sit with a cup of tea while everyone else has alcohol. Family get fed up of hearing about it...but your not alone and your only one step away from being back to the old you...all you need is the LIS it seems a long way off but it's nearer now than it was 6 weeks ago.
Your strong you can get through this awful thing.
Take care IT
Mypoorbutt