Spasms continuing after healed?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Spasms continuing after healed?!

Postby GilmoreGirl » 14 Dec 2016, 15:59

Good luck mamafizz! Keep us updated - will be thinking of you!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby mamafizz » 14 Dec 2016, 16:01

Thank you soo much...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 16:05

Really good luck Hun I'm sure this time next week you will feel so much better and just in time for Xmas.
Trust me I was really petrified of being put to sleep but it's so quick it's over before you know.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 14 Dec 2016, 16:07

Thank you sooooo much... appreciate it!!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 15 Dec 2016, 17:45

Hello, well I had the Procedure this morning... put me to sleep, I am home now,and the surgeon said went well. It is a good size fissure he said and he gave two injections of Botox. Hard to tell yet though still feels sore and swollen and tight and stingy hoping everything will settle down back there.. But he didnt see the need to do anything else except two internal hems that hopefully will settle also.. Did it take about a week to notice everything calming down and less pain back there? Still feels the same except now a little more pain from the shots and trauma but feeling great to be home.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 15 Dec 2016, 18:15

Glad you're home and well!!! Maybe the hems were part of the pressure feeling you had?

Fingers crossed that you'll see improvement quickly!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Dec 2016, 18:18

Hi,
Glad your back home, I would say that it took about a week for the swelling to go down but I have quite bad hems so your swelling may ease quicker. By week 2 I was back at the gym...I never had a spasm but did have stinging burning soreness for about 2 weeks that gradually disappeared.
My Botox diary and HTD who had Botox the same time as me document a day by day account.
I'm certain that this time next week you will be feeling so much better.
Mypoorbutt

Postby mamafizz » 15 Dec 2016, 19:33

Oh my this is such an ordeal.. thank you.... I feel like I still need to use the nitro ointment but cant reach my doctor, if you happen to see this let me know if you still used it.. (not sure if I will be able to with all of the pain and swelling but might have to try..) I just took tylenol. but I have nothing for pain... UGH...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 15 Dec 2016, 20:31

Maybe mpb can confirm this, but I don't think it would hurt to use a little of the cream. I'd say just gently put it on the outside around the fissure site if you can. Things are likely sore if there's swelling - that's going to put pressure on things for sure.

Since I stopped taking morphine, I was prescribed 500mg of naproxen - an anti inflammatory. Turns out you can just get it over the counter! In Canada it's called Aleve. Each pill is 250mg naproxen, so my doctor said it's safe to just take 2 to get the same as the prescription dose. I found this to be more effective than Tylenol for sure, and maybe it will help with some of the swelling. When I was really bad, alternating between an ice pack and a heating pad helped me, and this is an old trick I used to use for very sore or steained muscles!

Did your doctor give you any advice about continuing sitz baths?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Dec 2016, 04:05

Yes Hun you can keep using the nitro....I'm still using it now 5 weeks later. I was too scared to put it inside until I think the 5th day but I put a bit on the outside from day 3 I think.
Try and get your doctor to prescribe you some gabapentin it is a nerve blocker and doesn't effect the digestive system so no chance of constipation, like with opiates. You could try Valium but it did nothing for me. The gabapentin worked in an hour and literally saved my sanity taking a level 8 pain down to a 4 and allowing me to rest. I know another member has been using it for a while as it's the only thing that helps her.
With my Botox I didn't really need pain relief at all after day 4-6 so don't worry about taking strong painkillers you won't need them for long.
Try to get on top of the pain as I think that was the worst thing I did I waited to take the pain killers
So use your GTN, get the best pain killers, lots of sitz baths and in a couple of days you will be feeling normal again. I'm not certain but I know I went and did my weekly shop around day 5 without too much hassle.
Big hugs
Mypoorbutt