Spasms continuing after healed?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Spasms continuing after healed?!

Postby mamafizz » 25 Dec 2016, 00:17

GG and MPB hope you all have a very Blessed Christmas... and doing well. It's a week since my Botox and can't wait for it to kick, not as painful as the first couple days, and have some kind of Bath and soaking phobia now for some reason, have a really hard time revving up to do this? ugh really wierd, lol and about sitting too? only able to side sit, terrified to sit straight on yet.. I guess I will know when I will be ready to do that, But since it is still so tight up there feels like I always have to go? Suppose it's still swollen or hems or something, and now an external popped ugh..and the fullness and golf ball feeling really annoying and uncomfortable hard to pretend it's not there... Slight spams and burning on the days I go, but only a few times, so here's praying for everything to simmer down and back to normal sooner than later... Hope you all heal completely as well.. Here's to us...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Dec 2016, 03:44

Hi Hun a very merry Xmas to you glad to hear it's going a bit better. Don't forget it's only been a week since people were poking around down there and it will take a while to stop feeling sore. Glad the spasms are less.
Me too I hate going in the bath now think I have some kind of ptsd about the thing. I didn't have as many as I should have after my LIS because I just couldn't get in there.
Not doing too bad colon still playing up but pain isn't going above a 6 after I can cope with that lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 25 Dec 2016, 13:03

:thankyou: Yes that darn colon...I was an avid pancake and bacon person.. now barely any food.. I know I get it.completely... Just wondering if you ever heard of anyone after going through all of this that once they heal, they no longer feel something there, since day one have not had a day that I was not f eeling this..Cant wait to wake up and not feel or think about that area anymore...lol just thinking that it eventually goes away either most or all of the way? I am sure there are plenty of people healed that do not post the good endings...I think it's easier to deal with if you know it will eventually be over...sometimes hard to imagine...I forget what it was like:)
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Dec 2016, 09:11

Hi all,

Just an update - things have not been good. Since the colonoscopy at the end of november the fissure has been healing nicely and physio has been helping. But i've been progressively getting sicker and sicker. For several weeks i've stopped all miralax/fibre etc, and my symptoms have only gotten worse. I belch all day, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, literally every second. It's debilitating, and if I try and stop the burping, the gas moves to my colon and the cramps are unbearable. I also have diarrhea and the fissure site is getting irritated again. As the day goes on, the pain gets worse. My Christmas was horrid...i've never had such horrible gas and pain, and it gets worse everyday. I've seen two doctors...one said it was probably just my ibs (no way, i've never had upper gi gas in my life) but did prescribe a stool test including checking for parasites. I submitted the sample on the 24th, and I was told today it would not be done until the 4th of december! Yesterday I waited in a clinic for 4 hours to see another doctor, who had NO idea what was going on, but gave me Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) to try out...both doctors have said I neeeeeed to see a gastroenterologist, but I can't get an appointment until MARCH despite my begging.

I'm fed up. So tired of being sick. I can't do it anymore, I need relief.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Dec 2016, 09:21

GG....please google that antibiotic before you take it as I'm not certain but it set quite a few of my friends crohns off and can cause really bad diarrhoea.
Sorry to hear your not doing well. Can you try the low residue diet just thinking it should reduce any extra gas as it's all food that is very easy on the digestive system as a whole.
Wow march is a bit of a wait Hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Dec 2016, 09:53

I'm going back to the clinic again tonight because I agree that is a bad antibiotic to take...I'm only eating white gluten free bread and a little bit of peanut butter right now, which is my go to food for upset stomach. Losing weight quickly.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 28 Dec 2016, 11:19

Sorry you are feeling this way... I was that way also... my nerves and anxiety did not help much either... I lost over 50 pounds... I mainly eat alittle oatmeal, bit of fruit, fish and some mild veggies.. to simmer things down,, but this whole thing throws your nervous system into overdrive.. I am sure it will pass,, seems like the more meds they give the complicated it gets... check into homeopathy I am trying this myself... prayers your way...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 28 Dec 2016, 11:24

mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 28 Dec 2016, 13:32

:huggies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcai0i2tJt0 This is great..... watch this.... this is going to get better for sure. no worries. I am 6 months in with this..... still hanging in there...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Jan 2017, 17:26

Thanks mpb, mammafizz.

Sorry for the radio silence - hope you are both doing well.

I've honestly been too ill to even type a message here - emergency sent me home with buscopan to help with stomach cramps and referall to a different gi who will see me next week hopefully. Otherwise I was told to wait until I receive the results from my parasitology stool sample. With my luck, nothing will show up...but I think I may have contracted giardia from one of my many hospital visits the last few months.

Symptoms for anyone who may have some insight (may want to skip this otherwise lol):

- diarrhea one day, no bm the next, cycle has continued for about a month

- severe stomach cramps through whole abdomen

- nausea and hot flashes

- lack of appetite

- losing weight although continuing to force myself to eat

- very "fatty" stools and lots of mucous in bm

- EXTREME gas - belching all day long, comes out the other end more and more as the day goes on

Fingers crossed that stool sample comes up positive for something so that these doctors can treat it and stop telling me this is ibs. The poor fissure site is getting increasingly irritated - whatever this is has taken me three steps back.

Just a note - I have NEVER had such soft stools except when taking miralax/colonoscopy prep or ONE time when I had a stomach bug about 5 years ago.

This has been increasingly worse for a month, and I have been eating exclusively gluten free bread/crackers, peanut butter, banana and a little turkey. All normal "safe" foods for me.

Happy new year - let's hope for a better one for all of us
GilmoreGirl
VIP