Spasms continuing after healed?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Spasms continuing after healed?!

Postby GilmoreGirl » 03 Jan 2017, 20:31

Any luck with the physio mamafizz?

I had a rough day...severe diarrhea twice. All test results including ova and parasites have come back negative but I still highly suspect giardia - I have every symptom to a tee. AND it's very common for giardia to be missed in a stool test. Fissure site is raw and burning - feels like I've just done the colonoscopy prep. I can't wait the 10 days it will take to try another test - I think I will talk to my gp tomorrow and ask for tinidazole (anybody taken this?) to treat it. If it works I will likely feel better in a couple days, I'll take double my current dose of probiotics and hope my insides play nice.

I did try to get in at my GI and the one I spoke to last week - both receptionists were brick walls.

It drives me INSANE. I spoke to the one doctor himself last week, and he said he would fot me in asap - "probably next week". Then I phone his office and the receptionist says no free spots till march...I explained the situation and she said she would speak to him. I phoned back a couple hours later and she had conveniently just spoken to him, and he apparently said I should make an appointment with my regular GI! I don't even think the receptionist spoke to him...we had talked on the phone about how my GI was away till march, he already knew that it wasn't possible.

Anyways, rant over. Just so frustrated...I go to emergency and the on call GI and the emergency room doctor say I need to see a GI asap, and refer me with a note that it is very urgent. And then the GI offices say they can't see me for two months, and that I should go to emergency....nice system
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby mamafizz » 03 Jan 2017, 22:09

Oh know.. what about a homeopathic or holisitic Practitioner they sometimes clear things up with more natural methods and alot faster? I have not gotten in to the Physical Therapist yet, but have to get a referral and need to get one from another doctor. I know the system is certainly a business first verses a patient compassionate priority. Such an ordeal, I just would like to know if this tightness that I have which is always there and feels like something is in there high up and sore is still from the fissure healing, I know you mentioned that this gradually goes away, has it stayed away for you, even with your flair ups?! The only way I can explain mine is that it feels like the muscles have shortened somehow and pulled upward and gives a tight full feeling, almost like an aching all the way to the tailbone... Hoping this is the same thing you were referring to and that is does eventually subside. ? Reassure me again!! Also do you remember how it went away, slightly less each day or was it back and forth and finally subsided? It changes on the days of bowl movement. So many different mind boggles.. Oh also did you try peppermint oil or aloe vera, ? This is suppose to help with digestion and soothing bowels and anti infllams etc... But honestly certain tinctures work incredibly well verses chemical pharmacological methods. God gave us many simple cures I am sure, we just need to be led to them...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 05 Jan 2017, 11:01

Thanks mamafizz. I know I need an endoscopy so I'll have to wait for the GI. But I may see a naturopath in the meantime. I did not try aloe Vera, but I do take peppermint oil capsules with no luck. Honestly, whatever this is is unrelenting...definitely not my normal ibs.

My whole ordeal started with that tightness, and it only got worse as the fissures became painful. I found that when my fissures finally healed, I lost that feeling of "higher up" pressure, but still have tightness around the sphincter muscle.

My physio was able to press on a specific muscle and cause that "higher up" pressure feeling...unfortunately I don't remember the exact muscle, but she said it was normal to feel that way when that muscle is constantly contracting or there is pressure on it. It could be constantly contracting from nerve issues or maybe internal gems are placing pressure...a physio would definitely be able to help you figure it out.

Just an update - saw my family doctor yesterday and basically wept in her office. She has written a letter to a gastro asking for me to be seen asap please. She recommends that I have an endoscopy to check for inflammatory bowel in the upper GI, but agrees that most likely this is some sort of bug that was missed in the stool sample. She has given me metronidazole antibiotic which is used to treat things like giardia, h pylori, etc and told me to up my dose of probiotics and hope for the best. I'm on the second day of a 10 day course and no obvious improvement yet. Praying this will help
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 05 Jan 2017, 11:46

Awe I am sorry,, But I know that you will get better, nothing stays the same! The system has been highly sensitive for so long and our brains need to relax a bit as well so we can heal, give it a chance there is nothing else obvious that is coming back so this should do it. Sometimes you may need the full 10 days to start to feel better. When we are upset or nervous it slows response times. I am trying hard to relax so that I can heal. The spasms are definately better, but I think your right as soon as this heals it should start on simmer down, when I get anxious because I can't go about my normal routine it seems to get worse. I am going to call the physio today and see if I can get her to get me in and I will just pay for a session or two until I can get the referral. I am getting doctor phobic... I am praying for both us, We will be cured soon! Can't wait!!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 06 Jan 2017, 17:12

Any better GG? did phyisio mention inner sphincter or levator? just wondering when could you sit down? i have not sat in 6 months I cant stand it anymore... dont know what else to do....suppose to go back to general surgeon Monday for post check up but cant deal with any inspection still tight and sore... i am sure this will kick in at some point I suppose it hurts til its healed
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ryleighsmama » 07 Jan 2017, 10:01

I am new to this forum. I have had a fissure since 3/16. At first I thought I could handle it, I think because I was on pain medication for chronic pain. I moved to another state and no longer have docs or medication. I am in excruciating pain from the fissure mostly. Do any doctors prescribe pain meds for these? I have used all prescribed creams, sits baths, heating pad, everything. I am completely desperate!!
Ryleighsmama
Fibre Addict

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Jan 2017, 10:12

Not better yet mamafizz...had a very rough night last night, don't think the antibiotics are working. Feeling hopeless

I am able to sit but not for too long. Have you had a sigmoidoscopy? They can put you out for it so you don't feel a thing, then they will be able to get a good look at what's going on (inflammation, hems, fissure). Not sure about exactly what physio mentioned sorry it was a few weeks ago.

Ryleighsmama - so sorry to hear you are suffering. You NEED to see a colorectal surgeon if you are able to, they will likely be the most help! There are surgical options that have very good success at healing these horrible things.

I am in Canada, but I was prescribed morphine for the pain as it was absolutely incredible. I was prescribed morphine by an emergency room doctor. Another emergency room visit I was given pain killers via a shot in the arm (don't know exactly which), and finally when I was well enough to taper off of morphine I was given extra strength naproxen (aleve).

I would not have made it through without the morphine - I totally understand what you're going through. Praying for you
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Ryleighsmama » 07 Jan 2017, 10:35

Hi GG,
I have done it all. Finally was diagnosed with anal fissure. I went to ER and he said to me "if you are here for narcotics, you came to the wrong place!" I slithered home in tears and here I am, in a new State and no help so far. I have an appoint on 1/12 with a Physician Assistant and I am terrified she too will accuse me of lying. If they only knew the actual severe pain of this. Thank you for your reply. I cry every single day.
Ryleighsmama
Fibre Addict

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Jan 2017, 10:39

Can you bring a spouse/family member or friend with you to the appointment who can confirm the level of pain you're in? Another idea would be to see a psychologist who can assess the impact that pain is having on your quality of life, and communicate this to whatever doctor you see.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 07 Jan 2017, 10:44

:tantrum: Yes Ryleighsmama, I too .... I have recently had Botox, I am told this will help it has an 80% healing rate. Don't worry nothing stays the same it will heal.. we will all be healed... God answers our prayers.. Hang in there I went and had a Surgeon do it... It just takes a long time, the pain causes alot of emotional turmoil. but believe it will get better. They do not last forever... Also GG. They did put me to sleep and did the anuscope and he did not see anything that needed any further testing etc.. I have no stomach or intestinal issues or bleeding etc.. But I do have the fissure he said pretty good size and the 2 hemmrohoids which I am sure are inflamed from the procedure. when this is over I am going to feel amazing.... but no more Chocolate Milkshakes for me, I found out lactose intolerant and this is what caused mine.. UGH.. never again...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist