Nervous but fed up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Nervous but fed up

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 06:40

Ok thanks! I'm going to try and just take Tylenol. Like you suggested I'm going to take as little as possible for pain over the next few weeks to give my liver a break, then it will be ok if I have to take a hefty dose of tylenol for a couple of days.

Hope your still doing fantastic!!
-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby IronicTwist » 13 Mar 2017, 07:08

Ok. But if youre in pain take the painkillers. What I said earlier on was just the other guys reaction to the general anaesthetic. Speak to you aneasthesiologist and see what he/she says.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 07:17

I spoke to the CRS but will ask the anaethesiologist before the surgery - the CRS said if likely be ok without opioids and just with Tylenol. Honestly, I'd rather deal with the surgery pain than the horrible stomach pain for weeks...but I guess that's easy for me to say now lol.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mr Fissure » 16 Mar 2017, 09:05

Great to hear you're doing so well IT ! Inspiring to read...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby IronicTwist » 16 Mar 2017, 09:07

Thanks Mr F. Had a dull ache after a harder bm today but its gone now. Nothing serious.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby IronicTwist » 22 Mar 2017, 04:30

Been 2 weeks since the LIS. Had 2 BMs yesterday and only some slight pain when clenching right after. Spasms are completely gone. Added milk to my morning breakfast and Ive been getting alot of gas. Could I be intolerant to lactose? Any which way, Ive cut out milk again. This morning I had 4 slices of wholewheat toast with on hardboiled egg and everything seems to be back to normal. Not feeling bloated and life seems to getting slowly on track again. First few days back at work are fun. Missed the fasttrack.

Next month - Back to GYM!!!!!!
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby IronicTwist » 28 Mar 2017, 13:13

Ok, a week to go till im supposed to go back to gym and the fissure has reopened with a vengeance. 3 days now and every bm is followed by a toilet bowl full of bright red blood. No pain, just blood. Im going to see how things go for a few more days before I call the crs. Never had this much blood before.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Mar 2017, 13:35

Oh nooo. But at least no pain, thank goodness!

It's not an internal hem by any chance? I had one bleed once years ago and I thought I was dying. No joke, so much blood!

If it is the fissure...I honestly, after all the prescription creams and ointments, found polysporin to be the biggest life saver. I buy the one with 3x antibiotics and lidocaine.

Maybe it's just me, but any cut I've ever had (butt or not) has healed over quickly with this magic goop.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby IronicTwist » 28 Mar 2017, 13:39

Could be an internal hem. Crossed my mind. Hoping the bleeding will stop though. I really want to get back on track next week. At least aome circuit work.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Mar 2017, 13:47

Well if it is, then you'll be totally ok. They'll prob give you some hydrocortisone and you'll be back at it, especially if it isn't causing pain.

Hoping you'll be blood free soon and not even have to think about the back end anymore - what a dream that would be!!
GilmoreGirl
VIP