Fissure after forceps delivery

Painful

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Internal Anal Fissure

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 22:41

I feel a lump at the front end of my rectum. Sometimes I feel it little big and sometimes small. I am worried if it is a skin tag or something :(
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 19 May 2017, 23:09

Hey my fissure is at the front an when it gets really bad the skin tag appears and sometimes it is the more painful then the fissurewhen the fissure calms down so does the skin tag a skin tag sits at the base of the fissure it's caused from the fissure is your right where your fissure is?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 23:20

Yes
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby FissureVictim » 19 May 2017, 23:29

Does skin tag stops fissure from healing??
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 20 May 2017, 01:11

Not from what I've experienced it comes an goes with the fissure I've had my skin tag an fissure completely gone for 5months while I was pregnant then it came back when baby was 3 weeks old I've had the fissure come back sometimes without the skin tag for me the skin tag only appears when the fissure gets extremely irritated over a few days then at that point the skin tag gets big red an extremely painful to even touch lightly but having a skin tag means you have a chronic fissure an it can still be healed at home but it's less likely to heal without surgery botox or something along those lines I can't keep mine away it keeps coming back because it's chronic only read good story's about the lis and such other wise you'll be anxious about doing anything else to get healed for good most of the story's ive reading people saying they got their lives back after lis an that's so tempting to me after being to scared for surgery 3 an a half years!! I'm tired of it also try reduce stress it closes off the back passage which stops blood flow an prevents healing it's probably my main issue as stress can cause a fissure to not heal an also to come back. Keep in contact its hard on your soul to keep this stuff to yourself only my partner knows an that's the hardest part people need to talk about it
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby FissureVictim » 20 May 2017, 02:05

Thank you for your words missy moo..

Everyone is very co operative at home. But I feel really stressed out even if I get little twinges here n there. I think that's what mainly preventing me from healing. Will try to be more relaxed and see what happens...

I hope we both get our life back and be able to enjoy with our lil one's

Prayers n hugs!!
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 20 May 2017, 03:32

It's hard to relax when your mind is constantly on your behind you take note of every feeling back there every second it's always on my mind try distract yourself an pretend it isn't there as best you can but work on soft stool diet creams all that bit try not to think about it i find that helps when I'm out or around people I feel less pain because I'm distracted so hopefully it's also relaxed at these times I also got a numbing cream from my doctor if you haven't already got one on the real bad days that helps take the edge off good luck with everything keep an eye out I mite be talking about my op sooner or later if I do it ☺ take care
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 May 2017, 08:39

FV, I had Botox five days ago without sedation and it really wasn't as bad as you're thinking. I worried about it a lot too! It was all over in less than a minute and the pain wasn't bad later in the day. I was sore for a couple of days but then I got better. The muscle is already loosening up and I'm hoping it will help heal the fissure. I'm continuing to use the ointment. If you are worried about jumping to surgery, botox is a good in between step.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby FissureVictim » 20 May 2017, 09:37

Thanks MM, I am also trying to keep myself between people, but again I am scared if I will have urge to go, I have to put vasaline and do sitz bath after BM and it's not quite possible if I go out. So many times I am avoiding to go out :,(

PnH, thanks for your suggestion. I was wondering if botox could do any permanent damage and thought why should I get into it when it has lower rate of success. Is it true that botox can do permanent damage if not done properly??
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 May 2017, 09:42

If done by an experienced surgeon, the chances of anything serious happening is very very low. Botox is very well studied over the years, chances of adverse side effects is minimal, especially at the dose used on the sphincter. It wears off in a few months so it's reversible too, unlike surgery. The success rate that's stated for it varies from doctor to doctor, mine said it was 80%. Success rate goes down the longer a fissure has been around and developed scar tissue and other structures around it.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion