LIS Diary

Surgery done on Sunday May 14, 2017

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Diary

Postby Harper05 » 31 May 2017, 17:13

Have you tried using gauze? It may help a little.

Does anyone know if running will make the area worse? I'm almost 2 weeks post op....
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 01 Jun 2017, 15:38

Day 17 post op:

No pain. Just general discomfort, as in itching and stinging around the incision site. Minimal discharge but still putting a gauze everyday to protect my garments.

Can sit upright, but finding it irritating if done for a long period of time. A soft cushion helps.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 02 Jun 2017, 09:14

Day 18 post op:

Pain at the incision after BM. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was somewhere around 4. Still some drainage from the incision site. Still waiting for everything to heal.

This is getting tedious.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 10:28

Pain of a 4 is quite good for just over 2 weeks. That area has so many nerves that after an op it can take a while to settle back down
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 06 Jun 2017, 08:51

Day 23 post op:

My main problem now is the pain from the incision site which seems to reach its peak after a bowel movement. The swelling has subsided, but there is still this sore and sometimes burning pain. While not as bad as fissure pain, it is enough to make me take some painkillers.

Went to my 3 week post op follow up with my CRS. He had a look at the incision and said it still has not healed yet and that is why there is pain. He recommended that I wait until it does.

My incision was not sutured but instead left open to heal naturally.

I hope it heals FAST, I am getting sick and tired of this!
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 06 Jun 2017, 11:44

Hi Victorian, is all your pain coming from the incision site and not the AF? I had LIS and Fissurectomy a week ago and notice blood streaks in my stool the last two days and getting worried. Was wondering if you had streaks in your stool during your recovery at all?
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Harper05 » 07 Jun 2017, 20:02

Does everyone have pain just around the incision site or the AF too?
I felt some tenderness around the AF today...
I am day 19 post op, after my second LIS.
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 18 Jun 2017, 13:48

Day 35 post op:

Had my latest follow up with my CRS. He looked at the wound and said that it was healed.

Nevertheless, there is still tenderness in the incision site that is still quite painful after a bowel movement and requires me to take a painkiller. The last few millimeters of the incision near the anal canal is where the tenderness is. It is a bruising type of pain that is tender to the touch especially after a BM.

There is also some lingering tightness that seems to be localized around the incision site. I'm thinking of doing some biofeedback of the pelvic muscles if it doesn't go away after the pain is gone.

My CRS just said to wait it out. I hope the pain around the incision site resolves soon.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 18 Jun 2017, 13:56

That's good that it is healing.
Do you still have tenderness around the AF? I am 5 weeks post op and still a bit of stinging and feel like the area is bruised...
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 18 Jun 2017, 20:38

Hi Harper :)

No tenderness around the fissure, just some stinging here and there but hardly noticeable. Then again and just as I said, my fissure is a superficial fissure, if yours is deep then it is normal to feel these sensations you describe as it is healing.

Tenderness is now mainly in the incision site, and it gets quite painful after a bowel movement. One thing I didn't understand is if the incision has healed according to my CRS, then why is it still painful?He just told me to wait.

I just found out that this is your second LIS Harper, so I believe your chance of healing now is close to 100%, hopefully.

I know how frustrating it can be to heal a cut by making another cut, then wait until both cuts are healed! But let us hope that the worst is behind us.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather