Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 06 Jun 2017, 15:23

I'll start a diary here rather than in the diary section as more people should find it here and hopefully find it useful.

I'm in the UK and I have Bupa insurance. Mr Brown, my CRS, was recommended by a fellow member here, and I had the surgery at a private hospital in Sheffield an hour from where I live.

I had the general anaesthetic at 1.20pm, the surgery at 1.30pm, I woke up at 1.50pm and I was back in my room at 2.10pm. I was surprised that I was fully alert as soon as I woke up. My CRS came by around 4pm and said that he'd done the Botox, removed the sentinel pile at the back (as I apparently have a smaller one too, I asked if it was the purple one sticking out and he confirmed that was the one he'd removed) and performed a minimal fissurectomy. He said I should be fully healed in a week. I was cleared to go home at 4.30pm and the nurse finally came around just before 6pm. I was sent home with a packet of Tramadol. The hour in the car on the way home was fine.

It's almost 9.30pm. I've taken two paracetamols as a precaution. My bum feels a bit weird but I'm not in any pain yet. It feels a bit uncomfortable when I go to the toilet, similar to having a fresh fissure which I technically have after the fissurectomy.
I've drank a lot of water and had a small dinner. I'm currently chilling on the sofa waiting for First Dates to come on.
Last edited by Bum_UK on 07 Jun 2017, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy

Postby chachacha » 06 Jun 2017, 21:13

You must be worse off than you thought if you're watching First Dates!

:groan:

Seriously though, congrats on the surgery and I hope that you continue to do as well as you already have done.

:Rock:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Jun 2017, 02:40

How can you not like First Dates?! :lol: It's a true guilty pleasure for me. I've got slightly more high brow programming on the viewing menu today: House of Cards. :D

I'll write a proper Day 2 update later. I wouldn't say I'm in a lot of pain yet. I'm uncomfortable and I didn't sleep much last night. It feels like when the fissure was new and that's not surprising given the fissurectomy (even though it was minimal).
I took 2x250mg paracetamol last night before bedtime and again this morning. I hope I don't have to use anything stronger than paracetamol or ibuprofen.

I've not had a BM yet but I've passed some gas. I feel quite gassy and bloated. I don't know if that's due to the general anaesthetic or not having eaten properly yesterday. There's a small amount of bright red blood when I gently dab the area after I've peed.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2017, 04:05

Glad your doing well Hun....I agree first dates is a must...CCC I'm disappointed in you :lol:
You will be a bit sore for a few days as he has cleaned the fissure up and removed the pile. I'm sure it will pass very soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Jun 2017, 04:40

MPB did you feel a bit of swelling in the area too? I passed some wind earlier and it feels a bit tight, again that wouldn't be surprising given what my bum went through yesterday. :)
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2017, 05:22

Yes I was swollen for a few days after Botox but nothing remotely like after LIS the tightness went in around 24/48 hours
Mypoorbutt

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Jun 2017, 09:31

That's good to know, I guess it may take a bit longer for my swelling to go as I had the skin tag removal too. Still no BM and I'm pretty uncomfortable as I feel very bloated. Does it usually take a while for things to get moving after a general anaesthetic/not eating anything for close to 20 hours? I didn't have an enema or anything before the surgery.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 07 Jun 2017, 09:59

My surgeon told me that I only had to "act" if I hadn't had a movement by day 4. Because yes, general anaesthetic can really paralyze the bowel for a while.

LOVE House of Cards, btw!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Jun 2017, 10:45

I'll increase the amount of Laxido tomorrow if I haven't had a BM then. I don't want the first BM post surgery to be hard or large. I've been out for two walks today, one ten minutes stroll and one 15 minute stroll. That should help get things moving too.
The good news is that I'm not in pain and only have minor discomfort at the moment. I took a 200mg ibuprofen at 11.30am but that should have worn off by now.

CCC I'm pleased to hear that you approve of House of Cards! :) We've only watched one episode of season 5 so far today and it's promising.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2017, 11:31

That sounds great that your not in pain Hun and walking around.
If you haven't eaten much then there's not much to come out so to speak so don't worry about it yet
Enjoy house of cards
Mypoorbutt