LIS Diary

Surgery done on Sunday May 14, 2017

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Diary

Postby ResMePlz » 19 Jun 2017, 09:22

I'm 8.5 weeks post LIS/Fissurectomy and the incision site is still the only issue I have. It's getting better every week, and I'm back to living a normal life, but it's definitely not 100%. I haven't had any fissure pain since surgery, just the incision has been a bitch. If I poke at it it gets really sore, so I just use the shower to clean and a fan to dry then I go about my day like anyone else, eat whatever I want. I work in a hospital and move patients, and it definitely lets me know when I've used too much strength, but the pain is only instant and goes awAy right away. Didn't expect it to take this long but I'm getting there.

And I still randomly have blood, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think it's the incision site in my case. Still have slight discharge I believe. But expect slow recovery from the incision and don't dwell on it. Just think of where you were before all of this.

It's funny that the site annoys the shit of me, as if I already forgot what I went through the last year. It's easy to forget once things are better :)
Good luck!
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 19 Jun 2017, 11:29

Hi ResMePlz,

Good to know you are feeling better post surgery.

In my case, the surgeon said the incision has healed, but it still feels tender and sore, particularly after more than one bowel movement, after having a large bowel movement, and when poking at it. It's not all the incision site though, it's just the part near the anal opening.

I know it is not like the pain we used to suffer from before the surgery, but it's still pain nonetheless. Let us hope we get better with time and patience, each and every one of us.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Harper05 » 19 Jun 2017, 11:48

does superficial just mean on the surface? My doc said mine was a half of an inch long and like a tear drop shape.. so it was pretty bad.
Yes this is my second LIS in 5 months.. kinda crazy, so it could be why its take awhile to heal.. I almost feel like around the AF site is all bruised.
I'm hoping I heal soon, that all of us do!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Harper05 » 19 Jun 2017, 13:50

is It normal for the skin that's over the AF to still be sore?
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 19 Jun 2017, 16:52

Hi Harper,

Have you tried following up with your surgeon so he or she can have a look at the progress of your healing?
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 19 Jun 2017, 17:09

Yes, I went 6/8 he said I'm healing... he said to come back in a month.. so I have an apt towards the end of next week. I'm wondering if I should go sooner, just to know.. or just wait it out.
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 19 Jun 2017, 17:17

I know it's tempting to go early but your appointment is not far away, so definitely wait it out. Remember, the best person who can assess your progress is the one who did your surgery. That, and the fact that we can't even see what the hell going on down there!

I hope you get some good news.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 19 Jun 2017, 18:03

I'll wait.... I don't want to but I will, I want him to be on my speed dial!

Thanks I do too!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby VictorianKnight55 » 30 Jun 2017, 12:37

Day 47 post op:

The incision site is still healing and getting better day by day in a very slow manner.

However, I still seem to have some tightness down there after a bowel movement. This time though, the tightness seems to be in the anterior region of my anus (near where the scrotum and anus meet) as opposed to the posterior region before the surgery. Pain is very minimal.

Absolutely don't know what to make out of this tightness.
VictorianKnight55
Salt Bather