Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Aug 2017, 22:37

Great to hear you're doing well on your vacation!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 24 Aug 2017, 14:46

Bum_UK i am glad to hear you are improving. On my side it is very difficult. 2 weeks post op i was diagnosed with a perianal haematoma was given antibiotics which gave severe diarrhea so had to stop them. I went back to the doc as i am still feeling spasms and pain (also behind my legs), he said that botox is working but slowly and my internal anal sphincter is still very tense. He said eat fiber but the best is one bowel movement bulky and soft... i take one movicol in the morning and one in the evening and recommended fybogel. I had a tsp yesterday and one this morning and had multiple trips to the loo as if i couldn't fully empty myself (i wonder if quinoa with feta didnt help either) and there was blood tonight. Any advice ? I feel like i will never heal. Please AF friend, i look forward to reading you.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby LMG » 24 Aug 2017, 21:13

I had the same procedure yesterday. I'm very bruised today, but not much pain. I had 100 units of botox. Is that a high dose?
LMG
Fibre Addict

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Aug 2017, 16:56

Week 11 update. Pretty much the same as last week. I have walked a lot, between three and six miles per day. We are still on vacation and head back home on Monday.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Aug 2017, 17:01

Paininthebutt2017 wrote:Bum_UK i am glad to hear you are improving. On my side it is very difficult. 2 weeks post op i was diagnosed with a perianal haematoma was given antibiotics which gave severe diarrhea so had to stop them. I went back to the doc as i am still feeling spasms and pain (also behind my legs), he said that botox is working but slowly and my internal anal sphincter is still very tense. He said eat fiber but the best is one bowel movement bulky and soft... i take one movicol in the morning and one in the evening and recommended fybogel. I had a tsp yesterday and one this morning and had multiple trips to the loo as if i couldn't fully empty myself (i wonder if quinoa with feta didnt help either) and there was blood tonight. Any advice ? I feel like i will never heal. Please AF friend, i look forward to reading you.

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I found hat Flybogel bulks up my stool making it uncomfortable to pass. It is helpful for some. It's a matter of trial and error I think. Getting the perfect BM is an inexact science. I find that a good amount of veggies (cooked broccoli, carrots and cauliflower) and fruit plus a sachet of Laxido a day usually result in easy to pass BMs. Two sachets of Laxido sounds sensible to keep things soft.

How to you clean yours of after BMs? I'd recommend either showering or using a spray bottle (search for portable bidet on Amazon) and if you can't do either of those use baby wipes and gently dab until you're clean.

I hope things improve for you soon!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Aug 2017, 17:02

LMG wrote:I had the same procedure yesterday. I'm very bruised today, but not much pain. I had 100 units of botox. Is that a high dose?

I have to admit that I have no idea how many units of Botox I had. It took a couple of weeks until the area felt normal again. About a week I think until it wasn't painful to touch.

Hang in there and you'll feel a lot better soon!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Aug 2017, 17:03

patience_and_healing wrote:Great to hear you're doing well on your vacation!

Thank you! We have been walking and eating our way around Halifax the last week!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 26 Aug 2017, 03:59

Bum_UK thanks. I take a sitz bath to clean myself because of the skin tag scars the shower was too strong until now. I will look into a portable bidet.
Did you have this sensation of your butt being pulled out after a BM? I think this is some kind of spasm.

Thanks again!

LMG i had 100 (and i am a petite woman) the CRS said they give 100 to men and 50 to women but my sphincter was very tense. Good luck!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby LMG » 26 Aug 2017, 04:11

Same here Paininthebutt2017. I'm female less than 50kg. Tense sphincter, so 100 units. Today is day 2 after botox and fissurectomy. I feel worse today.
LMG
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 26 Aug 2017, 04:21

I hear you LMG. The first 2 weeks are tough. I am 3.5 weeks post surgery (botox, skin tag removal, fissurectomy, hemorrhoids) and the botox is working very slowly only... before surgery i had horrible spasms almost making me faint so there has been some improvement. The issue i cant relax my internal sphincter muscle i am trying to do some relaxation and i am going to try craniosacral therapy next week. Sending you positive thoughts.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather