My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Oct 2017, 03:05

LIS was given to everyone as a first treatment for fissures up too about 10/15 years ago....if incontinence happened as often as they are implying then there would be a heck of a lot of people on boards like this saying how they wished they had never had LIS....I'm not sure why some doctors and nurses make it a massive thing, they don't even cut the whole muscle on the NHS so I don't understand their worry
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 06 Oct 2017, 14:13

Question for anyone on here that has had the lis op, does the lis work in 100% all cases? And is there anyone on here that thinks the lis was not a good idear? Thanks xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 08 Oct 2017, 05:25

Any one that has had this lis??????????
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 10 Oct 2017, 20:28

Hey how are you? If you look at the lis pages you'll read people's stories. I haven't had anything done just creams diet an water I get a retear every 3-4 weeks an it takes about 2 weeks to be pain free again it a cycle I'm so sick of but I'm scared to do anything about it but the people I've spoken to on here who have had lis are happy with the results. How do you fell while botoxed up? Is there no pain? An how long did it last? Will your fissure not heal at all or does it heal then retear?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 11 Oct 2017, 01:17

Hiya bottox does hurt when it gets done but only when the infection goes in it last 2 to 3 months ans I have no pain when it kicked in!!!!! No its not healing after two ops cream for 2 years and 5 bottox so going for the lis but had to fight for it I have it this 12 years so had enough lol xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 11 Oct 2017, 13:57

Wow that sucks such a long time mine heals then retears from bm that it shouldn't tear but it does even if my bm gets slightly harder it tears. In my country they clear up the fissure before they put in botox but they put you to sleep before they do this did they clean up your fissure some call it a fissurectomy? They sould put you to sleep before putting in botox. How long till it kicks in? Can you hold wind?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 12 Oct 2017, 00:00

I have had two ops before to clean area and it has not helped had 5 bottox injections and been on the cream 2 years bottox as first took a few weeks to kick in now it's around 6 days each time nothing is working so will be having the lis x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 05 Dec 2017, 07:25

So update I'm going to see my surgeon today! To see how I have got on since my 5th bottox! I'm still in the same situation! In our last meeting she said she would so the lis! So I will be talking lots in the meeting about it ie to make sure she has done it before etc my surgeon really does not like doing the lis as she is so worryed about me leaking after but so many people have had it done any info on the lis op and people experiences would be great I have read lots of posts but just can't get enough info!!! Thanks x I have been suffering nearly 12 and a half years now on and off but really worse the last 3 years
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 11 Dec 2017, 14:55

Update I'm having the lis just wanted for my dates for the pre op and op I'm happy but scaryed! I'm feeling really sore at the min after having harder stools over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! I ha e uped my movercol drinking lots!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stuart » 13 Dec 2017, 10:16

Hi Katie
Good to hear they have agreed to do the lis. This does seem to be the best option for recovering from chronic fissures. I hope it is successful and gives you quick relief from the pain. Did they give you any idea how long you would have to wait?
Stuart
Stuart
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1